i love my zx700 so far, only thing that could make me reach for something else is the slight lack of sub bass. maybe the beyer t70 could fit the bill. not shure yet. any other and maybe cheaper recommendations?
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 235 Headphone - Blacktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups, Adjustable Foldable Headband (Black)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productShure SRH240 Professional Quality Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSony MDR-ZX700tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A little more mids than the M50s, in the same price range? (Maybe $180) Last post on 8/10/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for my friend Last post on 11/25/12 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage - Page 2post #16 of 1811/14/12 at 9:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/16/12 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 1811/17/12 at 7:43pm
You've listened to a whole lot of headphones, and none have been quite right for you.
have you tried the Sennheiser HD 25 I ii?
They don't meet all the criteria in your OP, but then again I know of no headphone that does.
You just might like them and at this point really have nothing to lose by trying them.
At a higher price point I like the Sony MDR Z1000's.
They've been my "go-to" closed cans since I got them about a year ago;
especially since I changed the cable.
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 seconds ago
- › What headphones are you currently rocking? 19 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 48 seconds ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › iFi launch - DC iPurifier. Kills DC noise 316x > 100,000x 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Aune new products 2017----New release 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear