i love my zx700 so far, only thing that could make me reach for something else is the slight lack of sub bass. maybe the beyer t70 could fit the bill. not shure yet. any other and maybe cheaper recommendations?
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 235 Headphone - Blacktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups, Adjustable Foldable Headband (Black)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productShure SRH240 Professional Quality Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSony MDR-ZX700tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A little more mids than the M50s, in the same price range? (Maybe $180) Last post on 8/10/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for my friend Last post on 11/25/12 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage - Page 2post #16 of 1811/14/12 at 9:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/16/12 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 1811/17/12 at 7:43pm
You've listened to a whole lot of headphones, and none have been quite right for you.
have you tried the Sennheiser HD 25 I ii?
They don't meet all the criteria in your OP, but then again I know of no headphone that does.
You just might like them and at this point really have nothing to lose by trying them.
At a higher price point I like the Sony MDR Z1000's.
They've been my "go-to" closed cans since I got them about a year ago;
especially since I changed the cable.
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › why does a cheap wired headset that costs 1/10th the price of a... 3 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 8 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear