i love my zx700 so far, only thing that could make me reach for something else is the slight lack of sub bass. maybe the beyer t70 could fit the bill. not shure yet. any other and maybe cheaper recommendations?
- productAKG K518DJtagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 235 Headphone - Blacktagged by System, 11/11/12
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productKRK KNS6400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productMEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups, Adjustable Foldable Headband (Black)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12More
- productSennheiser PX 200 II B Closed on Ear Mini Headphonestagged by System, 11/11/12
- productShure SRH240 Professional Quality Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by System, 11/11/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 11/11/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 11/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A little more mids than the M50s, in the same price range? (Maybe $180) Last post on 8/10/12 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphones for my friend Last post on 11/25/12 at 12:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage - Page 2post #16 of 1811/14/12 at 9:33amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/16/12 at 12:01amThread Starterpost #18 of 1811/17/12 at 7:43pm
You've listened to a whole lot of headphones, and none have been quite right for you.
have you tried the Sennheiser HD 25 I ii?
They don't meet all the criteria in your OP, but then again I know of no headphone that does.
You just might like them and at this point really have nothing to lose by trying them.
At a higher price point I like the Sony MDR Z1000's.
They've been my "go-to" closed cans since I got them about a year ago;
especially since I changed the cable.
- Looking for closed back portable cans with some kind of soundstage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Blind Testing (O/T conversation moved from HD600 thread) 30 seconds ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 47 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 58 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 and SRM-310 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. S7 Phone for Audio 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse