Nice lesser than or equal to sign huh but seriously which is the best?
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best neutral music player under 150$ Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for something cheap and cheerful: Fuze replacement Last post on 9/21/12 at 9:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Help.Need a Recommendation for a Portable Source! Last post on 9/17/12 at 5:32pm in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Best music player ≦50$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Sandisk players, the Clip+, Clip Zip, or original Fuze seem to be the only decent players under $50.
The Clip+ and Clip Zip only get around 12 hours of battery life, so if you need more battery life, you might want to use a usb battery pack with it. The Sandisk players will play while being charged by usb battery pack.
For that sort of money you're in Sandisk Sansa Clip+ territory
You can get 8GB version for around $50 new, and they support micro SD cards so you can bang a 32GB one in there.
Supports FLAC file format too for your lossless audio desires, and best of all, can be rockboxed.
2GB won't hold much. The idea is to add a 32GB card to the 2GB player. At 256kbps, each GB holds roughly 9 hours of music. If songs average 4 minutes each, that means 135 songs per GB. A 2GB player with a 32GB card in it has around 30GB of total space available, enough to hold around 4,000 4 minute average songs at 256kbps.
- Best music player ≦50$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need help choosing headphones for a basshead. 42 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics,... 56 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 5 minutes ago
- › How is the jump from Sony XBA-1 to XBA-3? 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Perfect Sound d901 dido . . . Calling All Bassheads, your... 9 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude