Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead - Page 60

post #886 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post

 

Yes its a pretty killer cable for the price, i have one with the mini end aswell. Previously used it with my Microstreamer :) I couldnt justify paying $100+ on a usb cable, especially after coming across a few posts on other forums. Buyers regret and all that jazz.

Hey I have the mini one as well. LOL for my Fiio E17. If I had the money I wouldn't mind $100 USB cables, but right now my budget is tight and that money can go to a better DAC. I'm curious about the Anedio D2, and Lynx Hilo, but everytime I listen to the Concero I kind of forget about them. My urge to upgrade just melts away as I'm hit by the awesomeness of the Concero. biggrin.gif

post #887 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Hey I have the mini one as well. LOL for my Fiio E17. If I had the money I wouldn't mind $100 USB cables, but right now my budget is tight and that money can go to a better DAC. I'm curious about the Anedio D2, and Lynx Hilo, but everytime I listen to the Concero I kind of forget about them. My urge to upgrade just melts away as I'm hit by the awesomeness of the Concero. biggrin.gif

 

Hahah we must think alike :P I would like to try the wireworld ultraviolet sometime, see how it goes against my forest.
post #888 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townyj View Post
Hahah we must think alike :P I would like to try the wireworld ultraviolet sometime, see how it goes against my forest.

Great minds I say! LOL

 

I'm actually very curious about the MapleShade ClearLink USB. It's very different to say the least. If I had a $100+ for USB. I would definitely try the ClearLink.

 

Edit: That wireworld ultraviolet looks interesting as well. Hmm...


Edited by M-13 - 7/25/13 at 2:19pm
post #889 of 1840

Forest for me too. For $25 I really can't complain. Pure silver is very expensive and I don't trust silver plated copper.

 

I might be willing to upgrade but everytime I read something positive about a cable someone comes along with negative comments. Just goes to show...

post #890 of 1840

Wait... do you guys also use the AudioQuest Evergreen RCA cables?tongue_smile.gif

post #891 of 1840

I got a screaming deal on a lightly used Cardas Clear USB cable. There are alot of positive reviews of it. I generally think the lower end Cardas cables have a good value.

 

Plus all the cables are made and terminated in the USA wink_face.gif

post #892 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post

 

Plus all the cables are made and terminated in the USA wink_face.gif

I've been supporting the People's Republic of China my entire life with all my purchases living in the USA. Not sure why I should stop now. LOL. evil_smiley.gif

post #893 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Hey I have the mini one as well. LOL for my Fiio E17. If I had the money I wouldn't mind $100 USB cables, but right now my budget is tight and that money can go to a better DAC. I'm curious about the Anedio D2, and Lynx Hilo, but everytime I listen to the Concero I kind of forget about them. My urge to upgrade just melts away as I'm hit by the awesomeness of the Concero. biggrin.gif


Too bad you couldn't make it to the LA meet last weekend.  I had a Hilo and a Concero (with a Gilmore Lite amp) sitting at my table.

 

If I ever finish my vinyl-ripping project (ha, like that'll ever happen), I could see letting go of the Hilo and just living with the Concero and the GL.  They're so good together that the ADC is the only real reason to keep the Hilo.

post #894 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
Too bad you couldn't make it to the LA meet last weekend.  I had a Hilo and a Concero (with a Gilmore Lite amp) sitting at my table.

 

If I ever finish my vinyl-ripping project (ha, like that'll ever happen), I could see letting go of the Hilo and just living with the Concero and the GL.  They're so good together that the ADC is the only real reason to keep the Hilo.

I'll try to go the next one. I get the feeling the LA/SF ChangFest meets are the best/most fun. Hopefully my finances will improve and I can contribute something more than the Concero. I daydream about owning the Invicta Mirus.

post #895 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

I've been supporting the People's Republic of China my entire life with all my purchases living in the USA. Not sure why I should stop now. LOL. evil_smiley.gif

 

That's good so that when my company closes and I lose my job I can ask a Chinese school child to sponsor me.

 

In the meantime, though, I insist on goods manufactured by Asian children. Amazing what those sharp eyes and tiny hands can do. LOOOOL evil_smiley.gif

post #896 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn&cough View Post

That's good so that when my company closes and I lose my job I can ask a Chinese school child to sponsor me.

 

I can see this now:

 

"Once you sponsor your very own American. You get a photo of that individual and a page or two of their sad life story. They need your help to access basic necessities like their fast food and cable television. Without these basic necessities these poor Americans will die. They will also write to you (only in English because their brains are too small to learn a 2nd lanaguage), and you can write them back, although they might be busy watching reality TV."

post #897 of 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

I can see this now:

 

"Once you sponsor your very own American. You get a photo of that individual and a page or two of their sad life story. They need your help to access basic necessities like their fast food and cable television. Without these basic necessities these poor Americans will die. They will also write to you (only in English because their brains are too small to learn a 2nd lanaguage), and you can write them back, although they might be busy watching reality TV."

LOOOOOOOLbeerchug.gif

post #898 of 1840

Has anybody been able to directly compare the Concerto with the Parasound Zdac. Just curious, I am kind of leaning toward the Zdac, mostly due to the built in headphone amp, but there are still a couple other dacs I have been looking at too.

post #899 of 1840

I wouldn't recommend the zdac to anyone. Had nothing but problems with it and when it did work it was just mediocre at best.

You can do much better at that price point.

post #900 of 1840

What?  I liked the zdac.  I think it's great for the money and had no difficulties with it but the Concero is more neutral and spacious sounding from my memory.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead