Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead - Page 52

post #766 of 1859

Anybody else happy with the new software update? Is it just me or do I hear an improvement again?

post #767 of 1859

Oh if anyone has a concero that they would like to let go of please PM me beerchug.gif

post #768 of 1859
Maybe some more low level detail....
post #769 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

He is disappointed with the price they had to set, because he wanted it to come in less than $800 USD. But due to a recent drop in the Canadian dollar, it just didn't work out.... 

I like the company and what resonessence has put out so far, but I find it hard to believe they still wouldn't be turning a decent profit at a price of $800.
post #770 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashoomin View Post

Oh if anyone has a concero that they would like to let go of please PM me beerchug.gif

The executor of my estate will contact you after my funeral. biggrin.gif
post #771 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Anybody else happy with the new software update? Is it just me or do I hear an improvement again?

 

I am ecstatic because it actually works now. I was getting major drop outs and glitch playback at times all fixed with this update.

post #772 of 1859
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EraserXIV View Post


I like the company and what resonessence has put out so far, but I find it hard to believe they still wouldn't be turning a decent profit at a price of $800.

 

Well I'm sure there's a profit involved, or else why bother? smily_headphones1.gif

 

I guess what I was getting at - they determined the price at $800. That would cover costs and allow for the desired profit. Then the Canadian dollar tanked (down at least 5% over the past few weeks). So they face a choice - raise the price, or keep it and rethink the profit structure. And apparently selling in USD through paypal is not an option due to fees. They chose to raise the price.

 

Not knowing their overhead or material cost, I can't say much about their choice. It is what it is. If the price is too high, people won't buy it. Or maybe if the Canadian dollar recovers then they can drop it back down to the original target. That's for them to decide. 

 

Soon though, I'll have a Concero HP in hand (literally! I have big hands) and will see if it's worth the asking price, or a lot more, or a lot less. 


Edited by project86 - 6/30/13 at 4:54pm
post #773 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post

The executor of my estate will contact you after my funeral. biggrin.gif

+1 Over my cold dead body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post

I am ecstatic because it actually works now. I was getting major drop outs and glitch playback at times all fixed with this update.

That's strange. Mark did mention to me that some people were having problems with the old version. What was the problem you think? I think the newer version sounds even better. I would say the it's more focused sounding with better up and down coherency. The micro-details constrast even sharper now. That being said, not a huge leap forward or anything, just a little subtle effect I appreciate.

post #774 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashoomin View Post

Oh if anyone has a concero that they would like to let go of please PM me beerchug.gif

Depending on how the first few reviews of the HD go, mine might be available.  I really want to be done for a while and can't tell if stepping up to around $800-900 will give me enough of a boost in sound quality over the Concero to be worth it (Gungnir, used X-Sabre, Concero HD).  

post #775 of 1859
^ aawww..I offered first Zasoomin :D to those who will sell their concero (non-hd) I am here to pry it of you.. :D
post #776 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1sturb3d View Post

^ aawww..I offered first Zasoomin :D to those who will sell their concero (non-hd) I am here to pry it of you.. :D

biggrin.gif I am sure there are enough for the both of us. I just think buying used is a smart way to save money...being a college kid and all.

post #777 of 1859

Took this photo fo the HE-500 thread. Thought I would share here also. Matching blue lights! (turned off the up-sample for the photo shoot)

 

post #778 of 1859
Thread Starter 

Nice! Only problem is you can't use the upsampling or it will ruin the synergy of the lights. 

post #779 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Took this photo fo the HE-500 thread. Thought I would share here also. Matching blue lights! (turned off the up-sample for the photo shoot)

 

 

Very Nice!  Great job building a high-value, great sounding rig!  Looks great too.

post #780 of 1859
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post

Took this photo fo the HE-500 thread. Thought I would share here also. Matching blue lights! (turned off the up-sample for the photo shoot)

 

 

 

Good shot.  Just got a borrowed Concero in.  Using it with the sam amp.  Different headphones.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead