Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead - Page 49

post #721 of 1885
I have read the whole thread..48 pages of it..and I notice most of the people here uses pc/mac as source..so most of the time the input being used is the USB..well in my case I plan to use other sources..like portables and others..which probably means that I will use the SPDIF as input..is the SQ different between USB input and SPDIF input? I mean is the other input better than the other? tia! I have my eyes set on this one..
post #722 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1sturb3d View Post

I have read the whole thread..48 pages of it..and I notice most of the people here uses pc/mac as source..so most of the time the input being used is the USB..well in my case I plan to use other sources..like portables and others..which probably means that I will use the SPDIF as input..is the SQ different between USB input and SPDIF input? I mean is the other input better than the other? tia! I have my eyes set on this one..

 



I have only had it working properly for a few days now. I have been fiddling with it quite a bit though and from what I can tell (so far) the usb and spdif inputs are pretty close to the same quality wise.

 

I am used to the spdif input usually outshining the usb input on dacs, but this one is different.

 

I need more time to fully evaluate, but initial impressions suggest both input options are of a similar high quality.

post #723 of 1885

Any word on when they will release the new units today?
 

post #724 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolpe1600 View Post

Any word on when they will release the new units today?
 

 

They have them on the for sale page on their website : http://resonessencelabs.com/products-page/

 

Concero HD - 850

Concero HP - 850

 

Looks like they both employ that new chip by ess the 9018-2M

 

Hope they get indavidual pages up with more specs too.

Shots of the back too would be nice.

 

Kind weird they are the same price ?


Edited by kcee - 6/27/13 at 3:08pm
post #725 of 1885

Ah I see now. I suppose the 'big surprise' is use of the new ESS chip. Is that really worth $250 over the normal Concero?

 

I am surprised not to see the addition of an external power supply port to the HD, but users in this thread seem to indicate that power supply is not an issue given the unique design of the chip set.

 

Other differences seem to be:

 

-2v RMS at 75 ohms vs 1.2v rms at 300ohms

-"Over 112dB of dynamic range and better than 100db (0.001%) THD+Noise." vs "Less than 0.005% THD+N ... More than 104dB DNR"

 

Again, worth the extra $250?


Edited by tvolpe1600 - 6/27/13 at 3:19pm
post #726 of 1885

My main Interest is in the Headphone model.

 

I have nor would expect to have any interest in dsd anytime soon, so I am not sure about the Concero HD over the standard Concero.

Once again time will tell.

 

I really like the lower voltage on the standard Concero.
 

post #727 of 1885

I can't tell the difference between them really other than the HP out.

post #728 of 1885

Wonder how much of a difference the new chip makes.  

 

Can't wait to hear some impressions.

 

Maybe they're gonna send project86 one to try out for all of us?  :D

post #729 of 1885

Whew, still love the form factor, but the prices are getting pretty high now (though not unexpected).  Definitely would like to know where the HD slots in between the regular and DAC's like the Matrix X-Sabre and Anedio D2.  

 

I don't care about DSD, but am super curious what an extra $250 would buy in sound quality.

post #730 of 1885

The big difference ;  the new chip 9018-2M is a 32 bit 2 channel audio D/A converter  the 9018 is a 32 bit 8 channel audio D/A converter..

post #731 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post

 



I have only had it working properly for a few days now. I have been fiddling with it quite a bit though and from what I can tell (so far) the usb and spdif inputs are pretty close to the same quality wise.

 

I am used to the spdif input usually outshining the usb input on dacs, but this one is different.

 

I need more time to fully evaluate, but initial impressions suggest both input options are of a similar high quality.

thank you for the response..really appreciate it..I hope others can chime in too.

post #732 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee View Post

My main Interest is in the Headphone model.

 

I have nor would expect to have any interest in dsd anytime soon, so I am not sure about the Concero HD over the standard Concero.

Once again time will tell.

 

I really like the lower voltage on the standard Concero.
 

I was interested in the HP model as well, but having no SPDIF input puts me off, and I have no plans on having DSD materials, here in our country it would take a long time to dl those kind of files..the orig concero will probably better for me.

 

 

------

I thought HP version will have no SPDIF input? or is it USB SPDIF bridge?

 

from concero hp product page "S/PDIF and USB Audio 2.0 data sources."


Edited by d1sturb3d - 6/27/13 at 8:53pm
post #733 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1sturb3d View Post

I was interested in the HP model as well, but having no SPDIF input puts me off, and I have no plans on having DSD materials, here in our country it would take a long time to dl those kind of files..the orig concero will probably better for me.

 

 

------

I thought HP version will have no SPDIF input? or is it USB SPDIF bridge?

 

from concero hp product page "S/PDIF and USB Audio 2.0 data sources."


It has a spdif plug on back, not sure if it is for input our output or both ? I know they have some capabilities when it comes to changing that I think.

Having a programmable board I think.

 

I am kinda bummed the HP loses the rca out, but I guess give and take.

 

I am going to get the HP to try for sure, will probabbly end up keeping it if I like it.

post #734 of 1885
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post

Whew, still love the form factor, but the prices are getting pretty high now (though not unexpected).  Definitely would like to know where the HD slots in between the regular and DAC's like the Matrix X-Sabre and Anedio D2.  

 

I don't care about DSD, but am super curious what an extra $250 would buy in sound quality.

 

So far the D2 does not blow away the original concero to me, I am still coming to conclusions and listening alot so it's a preliminary opinion which could change.

The concero really is an over performer for sure, how much of an over performer is yet to be determined in my setup.

post #735 of 1885

Yeah with the new price + shipping, it's getting close to the X-Sabre price level, just a couple hundred dollars away now, probably can pick up a used one for around the same price. There is also Anedio D2, if one can save a few more extra pennies to spend on a DAC. But I guess the proof will be in the sound. If the sound quality can compete with the X-Sabre or even the D2 on a equal footing than we have a genuine bargain/gem here, if not then it's a bit less exciting.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead