I don't think anyone has posted this yet, but Resonessence has announced a new Concero that will support DSD and have a higher end Sabre chip. Check their Twitter feed.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best Old Dac to hook up to Concero or other USB jitter reducing converter? Last post on 4/1/13 at 11:45am in Dedicated Source Components
- Resonessence Labs Concero - USB DAC Last post on 10/9/12 at 8:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 11/20/16 at 8:14pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Resonessence Labs Concero HD Last post on 2/3/15 at 7:58am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #407 of 22473/18/13 at 10:32pmQuote:
New DAC is still in prototype stage, so no word yet on pricing or availability.post #408 of 22473/19/13 at 12:50ampost #409 of 22473/19/13 at 8:39ampost #410 of 22473/19/13 at 8:51amQuote:
Don't forget about Teac UD-501 - much more inputs/outputs, 32/384 PCM support over USB, DSD of course, very good price...post #411 of 22473/19/13 at 8:58amQuote:
Shame I couldn't get my hands on a Teac UD-501... looked good on paper but nobody sells it here and I'm not comfortable dropping that kinda cash on it un"seen", even tho it could be at a decent price where you are...post #412 of 22473/19/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
Yep, the Teach looks nice, and there was one on the FS forum not long ago for a good price. I am a big fan of how small the Concero is. Almost everything else with good functionality or performance seems to me many times larger.post #413 of 22473/19/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
They also tweeted, in response to a question from some idiot, that there will be an upgrade path for owners of the current model.post #414 of 22473/20/13 at 6:19am
That made me feel much better since I just bought my Concero last week, but I just checked their twitter and now they say:Quote:I should be a bit clearer. We will look at the options of an upgrade path once we are closer to releasing the product.
Keeping my fingers crossed.post #415 of 22473/20/13 at 6:46ampost #416 of 22473/20/13 at 7:16amThread Starter
I spoke with Mark Mallinson a while back about current Concero owners and the potential for upgrades or trade-ins. I basically told him - the Concero is excellent, but if someone just bought one a few months ago and then a new "upgraded" model supersedes it which costs more but has more functionality, people might feel a little miffed with their "old" Concero. I've seen it happen with HiFiMAN and Audio GD among others and it's not good for anyone. I told him that he will probably have some vaguely upset customers if he doesn't figure out some strategy for handling that. He was open to the idea and assured me that some sort of accommodation would indeed be worked out, but didn't really have a concrete idea as to what it might be (at that point yet, maybe he does by now).
As we've seen with the numerous Invicta updates, Resonessence is not a company to just let their existing customers slide. They really want to keep us happy, so I imagine they will work something out with people who desire an upgrade. Some folks may not care one but about DSD and so the "regular" Concero is still perfectly fine.post #417 of 22473/20/13 at 7:38ampost #418 of 22473/20/13 at 7:47am
Thank you project86. That's somewhat reassuring. I guess I can't complain too much though. I did get the Concero knowing Resonessence were going to release some new stuff. It's just that I thought they were probably going to announce something larger and more expensive to fit between the Concero and Invicta in their product line which I would be able to happily ignore since the main reason I got the Concero is that I wanted something small for my modest bedroom desktop system. I know that the Concero DSD would be a new product but it having the same name and form factor makes it feel like my Concero is somehow being devalued, although I recognize that that's not necessarily a rational line of thought. You usually expect most gear to be made obsolete at some point, but I just wanted to bask in the glow of having the latest and greatest for a bit.
I certainly enjoy my Concero greatly and I have no DSD music but 32bits! That's 8 more than mine has! Therefore it must sound better!post #419 of 22473/20/13 at 7:48ampost #420 of 22473/20/13 at 8:10am
No arguments there on my part. I still love my Concero and that won't change but it's that classic audio enthusiast quandary, isn't it?
"Sure, my current gear sounds good, but if only I had bought this/upgraded that/waited for the newer model, how much better would it sound?"
Anyway, to keep this relevant to the thread; if the Concero DSD is 32 bit, that would mean it's not using the Sabre ES9023, wouldn't it? In which case, there would probably be some sonic differences aside from those that arise from 24 vs 32 bit and DSD vs non-DSD?
- Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears - Introducing "ARTHUR" , [USA & Europe... 20 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 33 seconds ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 39 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535 IEM - Gold (2 Days Old) 58 seconds ago
- › Can different volume of AMP/DAC change the music experience... 1 minute ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Home Theater headphones 5 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear