Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 59

post #871 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

Far as I'm aware it wasn't Lee who sold his Studio 3rd. It was actually the Studio who disowned him, due to physical abuse;

After escaping Lee's clutches bruised and battered the poor thing found it's way to me where it's now loved and taken care of

Or it might of been because Lee now prefers his AK120 S Mod and felt no need having the Studio around any longer. :)

 

Oh no, that poor little buggar. I'm glad he found a good home :o

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Free!, He'll never be free! (line from a movie, guess ;)...

 

I'm pretty sure the Rocoo BA won't be going anywhere. I like its portability and sound quality in a small unit. It also pairs very well on my SE5 so its a no-brainer. Tupac mentioned the Rocoo BA sounding so similar to the DX100 he most likely wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test with the SE5 :).

 

What is your main pairing with the AK120S?

post #872 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post
 

 

Oh no, that poor little buggar. I'm glad he found a good home :o

 

 

What is your main pairing with the AK120S?

 

Tralucent T1 Amp with 1Plus2 and Uber Cable. The SE5 also pairs really well on it but the 1Plus2 is my go to IEM on that pairing. 

post #873 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Free!, He'll never be free! (line from a movie, guess ;)...

 

I'm pretty sure the Rocoo BA won't be going anywhere. I like its portability and sound quality in a small unit. It also pairs very well on my SE5 so its a no-brainer. Tupac mentioned the Rocoo BA sounding so similar to the DX100 he most likely wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test with the SE5 :).

yep, I sure miss mine.:( 

 

I was even contemplating trading my Studio V for a BA...:ph34r: 

post #874 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

yep, I sure miss mine.:( 

 

I was even contemplating trading my Studio V for a BA...:ph34r: 

I had both as well and let go of my BA.  Wish I would have kept it around (particularly as resale value was not really worth selling it for.)

 

Anyhow, they can still be found if you're on the hunt: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisoundaudio-RoCoo-BA-Hi-Fi-Music-Player-for-armature-IEMs-w-PAA-1-HIFI-buds-/121249086339

post #875 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gignac View Post
 

I had both as well and let go of my BA.  Wish I would have kept it around (particularly as resale value was not really worth selling it for.)

 

Anyhow, they can still be found if you're on the hunt: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisoundaudio-RoCoo-BA-Hi-Fi-Music-Player-for-armature-IEMs-w-PAA-1-HIFI-buds-/121249086339


Noisy Motel also have Rocco BA in stock still for $200. Not sure if he can ship internationally though.

http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=394

I won't be letting mine go, I almost sold it but took the sale down, as Gignac mentioned it's not worth the resale value compared to the sound it puts out. In some pairings the BA has better synergy than the Studio's.  I have three Hisound units, they all get used. Although my 3rd Anv mainly stays paired with the Rhapsodio hybrid. I also find the 2nd edition has better synergy with much of my gear.


post #876 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gignac View Post
 

I had both as well and let go of my BA.  Wish I would have kept it around (particularly as resale value was not really worth selling it for.)

 

Anyhow, they can still be found if you're on the hunt: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisoundaudio-RoCoo-BA-Hi-Fi-Music-Player-for-armature-IEMs-w-PAA-1-HIFI-buds-/121249086339

I tried buying yours, but I was about 15 minutes too late. Apparently, S-O-M-E-B-O-D-Y:rolleyes: beat me to it!:mad: ...right Lee!?:tongue: 

post #877 of 1160

Hisound should never of discontinued Rocco BA in the first place. IMO. Especially if it were to be replaced by the unsuccessful  Nova series.....

post #878 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Noisy Motel also have Rocco BA in stock still for $200. Not sure if he can ship internationally though.

http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=394

I won't be letting mine go, I almost sold it but took the sale down, as Gignac mentioned it's not worth the resale value compared to the sound it puts out. In some pairings the BA has better synergy than the Studio's.  I have three Hisound units, they all get used. Although my 3rd Anv mainly stays paired with the Rhapsodio hybrid. I also find the 2nd edition has better synergy with much of my gear.


I also found that to be true with a few iems that I had in the past. Just out of curiosity, do you listen at high volumes?

post #879 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

I also found that to be true with a few iems that I had in the past. Just out of curiosity, do you listen at high volumes?


Hmm, not really. With 32ohm IEM I usually hang around 15-16 on the Studio's, 17-18 on the Rocco.


I don't consider that loud though others thresholds are different. I know Lee used to listen quite low.

post #880 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Hmm, not really. With 32ohm IEM I usually hang around 15-16 on the Studio's, 17-18 on the Rocco.


I don't consider that loud though others thresholds are different. I know Lee used to listen quite low.

It seem like at least a couple of those pairings that had good synergy with the BA, 22-23 on the volume seem to be the magic number for me where it just opened up...

post #881 of 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

It seem like at least a couple of those pairings that had good synergy with the BA, 22-23 on the volume seem to be the magic number for me where it just opened up...

Yes, I can very much agree that's the sweet spot, where I'd consider rocking out a little though, certainly a agree on the magic number.

Tell you guys what sounds good on the Studio? Sennheiser HD280 PRO. I've been really enjoying these. Some good synergy here. 8-)
post #882 of 1160

I'd generally be round volume 8 to maybe 13 at most on the Studio V. On the Rocoo BA I generally stick around volume 13 to 17 on my SE5 ;).

post #883 of 1160

Just wondering how to use the "favorites" play mode in Studio V. I'd love to be able to use this as a playlist player because navigating around the UI is so tedious.

 

Thanks.

post #884 of 1160
Am I the only one here who doesn't like the new daps that are flowing around the market these days? Like the dx50 and x3. Kinda regret selling my Rocoo P haha. Now I'm wanting a hisound player again.

Can u guys help me out, should I get the old Rocoo and studio series or the new nova series? Price is not a matter for me as I can find plenty of second hand items here. Thanks!
post #885 of 1160

Studio anv 3 is the best all arounder.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review