Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 53

post #781 of 1021
He also has a BA. Actually purchased both his units from me. He was a non-believer before and gave me a lot of **** before he experienced the magic for himself though lol wink.gif.
post #782 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

He also has a BA. Actually purchased both his units from me. He was a non-believer before and gave me a lot of **** before he experienced the magic for himself though lol wink.gif.


Good ol' Lee, always making up stories. ;)

He's correct though, I purchased both my Rocco BA and 3RD Anv from Lee. :smile: 

post #783 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Good ol' Lee, always making up stories. wink.gif


He's correct though, I purchased both my Rocco BA and 3RD Anv from Lee. smile.gif  

He also purchased a camera and likes to widdle the time away taking nice pics of his earphones and players. H2O is so hardcore when it comes to this hobby smily_headphones1.gif
post #784 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


He also purchased a camera and likes to widdle the time away taking nice pics of his earphones and players. H2O is so hardcore when it comes to this hobby smily_headphones1.gif


Indeed I did purchase a camera, I think it's a great way to keep a  log of the hobby in general and capture the gear as it comes/goes moves onwards. I wish I had of done so when I first started and not used my phone. 





From what I've seen though the Studio Annie coming to me has been mistreated a little thanks to Lee's not so gentle man handling,  we'll need to catch it at the right angles and maybe spot touch it a little.

post #785 of 1021

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but once in a while when my Studio V 3rd Anv. is playing some very slight distortion will come over the left ear, regardless of what headphones\iems I am using. I want to point out that this happens when the unit is sitting safely at my work desk, not on the move. This is different than the issue where the track sometimes stutters at the beginning. I really like the sound of this unit, but some of its' idiosyncrasies are really annoying at times and takes me out of the music that I am listening to.

post #786 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
 

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but once in a while when my Studio V 3rd Anv. is playing some very slight distortion will come over the left ear, regardless of what headphones\iems I am using. I want to point out that this happens when the unit is sitting safely at my work desk, not on the move. This is different than the issue where the track sometimes stutters at the beginning. I really like the sound of this unit, but some of its' idiosyncrasies are really annoying at times and takes me out of the music that I am listening to.

Put your mobile further away;) I always have this when it's too close to my iphone 5.

post #787 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Put your mobile further away;) I always have this when it's too close to my iphone 5.

That might be the answer, my company Iphone 5 is often near it. I will keep it away from the player and see if that solves it.

post #788 of 1021

Hello, I'm thinking about amping my Studio V 3rd with Leckerton UHA-6S MKII and planning to use it with Fitear TG!334's.  I bought the Studio in July and have

been thoroughly enjoying it with my Yuin PK1's, but I'd like to upgrade it to a mindblowing 'permanent set' for the years to come..

I'd like to do something like what Wormsdriver did.

 

I read somewhere about an HDMS line out setting where the Studio's amp will turn off, so it can be used with the external amp.  

Where can I access this setting? What does HDMS stand for?

 

I listen mostly listen to classic rock and jazz, and some classical and pop.  

What do you guys think about this pairing?  The reason I want to amp it is to remove the hiss from the sensitive TG!334's.

 

Help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

post #789 of 1021

I don't know exactly what HDMS stands for, but to be honest, I don't think many people would use it. Personally, whenever I do amp the studio, i dial down the volume to 28 as (to me anyways) sounds better than maxing out the volume at 31.

 

To access this setting. go to settings > scroll down to HDMS and press it > then press enable to enable it.

 

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL HDMS IS DOING IS ESSENTIALLY RAISING THE VOLUME ALL THE WAY UP TO 31 AND LOCKING THE VOLUME THERE.

 

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR HEADPHONES PLUGGED IN WHILE DOING THIS BECAUSE IT WILL GIVE YOU THE SCARE OF A LIFETIME! SERIOUSLY!

 

 

EDIT: I have no experience with leckerton amps, but I've read good things about them. I'm personally very interested in their new amp thats coming out very soon (or maybe already did?). The crossfeed feature has my attention!:popcorn:


Edited by wormsdriver - 12/13/13 at 2:00am
post #790 of 1021

Weird.. I don't have HDMS under settings.

I guess it's not that useful if it only raises the volume to max, but thanks for clearing things up.

 

Also, may I ask where you got your mini to mini cable? I'm looking for a quality connecter with short length and right angle plugs.

post #791 of 1021
The setting is rather pointless I gain much better results amping setting the volume to 28/31 like above. It's like a sweet spot, any higher stats introducing distortion.
post #792 of 1021
Having tried my third with various amps like Voyager, 02, E07 and E17 I think it sounds better without an external amp, an amp changes the sound but does not improve it
post #793 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

Having tried my third with various amps like Voyager, 02, E07 and E17 I think it sounds better without an external amp, an amp changes the sound but does not improve it


Your opinion on amping is very much the same as Lee's. 

If you read back over the pages I only amp my (2nd Edition) to take away the hiss. I too prefer it unamped if the synergy is right. however I disagree on the bolded section as like we've spoken about pages back I do hear advantages and disadvantages to amping. Areas like soundstage are improved and the layering with the amps I've tried. the mids to become recessed though which is kind of another reason I avoid it. I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing amping my Studio, however if you have heard the hiss that can occur with certain IEM's it will honestly almost drive you up the wall, it becomes so distracting a little like sibilance keeps grabbing you're attention, for that amping can be an absolute life saver!

post #794 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboson View Post
*snip*

 

Also, may I ask where you got your mini to mini cable? I'm looking for a quality connecter with short length and right angle plugs.

BTG Audio. I actually bought it second hand, so I have not dealt with BTG directly. http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#!/~/product/category=2609202&id=11788795

 

Under build your own interconnect, you want to choose "Modified RA 3.5mm"  for both side one and side two. Under Wire, choose 3" clear.

post #795 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Your opinion on amping is very much the same as Lee's. 

If you read back over the pages I only amp my (2nd Edition) to take away the hiss. I too prefer it unamped if the synergy is right. however I disagree on the bolded section as like we've spoken about pages back I do hear advantages and disadvantages to amping. Areas like soundstage are improved and the layering with the amps I've tried. the mids to become recessed though which is kind of another reason I avoid it. I always feel like I'm doing the wrong thing amping my Studio, however if you have heard the hiss that can occur with certain IEM's it will honestly almost drive you up the wall, it becomes so distracting a little like sibilance keeps grabbing you're attention, for that amping can be an absolute life saver!

I also use it mostly unamped. 

 

When I do amp it, I use the Meier Quickstep. Its great at reducing hiss with my jh13, and does an excellent job also with my Mad Dogs and Rs1i's at giving them more proper weight to the bass. 

 

EDIT: Actually, I just tried it right now with the Mad Dogs, and the Quickstep with the 15V regulated battery supply to the Quickstep and the amp sounds wonderfully transparent. It sounds just like the studio, but doing a better job at driving the headphones, it sounds more effortless, the details are more easily heard, bass is better defined, not artificially enhanced by any means.

 

Overall, I love the Studio as a source. By itself or amped, I always find it just right. Always natural, musical. Never harsh or unnatural.


Edited by wormsdriver - 12/13/13 at 5:18am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review