Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 41

post #601 of 1288

Thanks goodvibes. That did the trick this time...maybe the first time my volume was too low or something lol.

 

 The manual is confusing as it's all in Chinese as you know. Also, I don't have the HDMS under 'Settings' option on my player. Using FW 2013 and can't seem to use the HisoundAudio FW software with Windows Vista (I'm normally using OS X 10.8). Would love to try the 2011 FW as by most peoples accounts it's less buggy, and overall sound is a bit warmer.

The player works great, just ID tagging my files correctly, drag and dropping files on OS X, and playing WAV and FLAC.  

post #602 of 1288

I think V maxed is the same as HDMS so you're good to go.

post #603 of 1288

just finally weighed mine, and I was correct

 

Studio-V black 146gms

Studio-V 3rd Anniversary 128gms

post #604 of 1288

Interesting. I wonder where it comes from. Case or battery? I doubt the board could be that different.

post #605 of 1288

Don't the Anniversary editions have beveled edges to reduce sharpness or something?

post #606 of 1288

I would get casework also, the old one feels like iron, the new one aluminium

battery life seems the same, ie stupidly good

post #607 of 1288

Nevermind. Just checked the pics and the bezeling looks the same. I could have sworn I read somewhere that they did something different with that though.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by KT66 View Post
 

I would get casework also, the old one feels like iron, the new one aluminium

battery life seems the same, ie stupidly good

 

Perhaps!

post #608 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydutchtouch View Post
 

Thanks goodvibes. That did the trick this time...maybe the first time my volume was too low or something lol.

 

 The manual is confusing as it's all in Chinese as you know. Also, I don't have the HDMS under 'Settings' option on my player. Using FW 2013 and can't seem to use the HisoundAudio FW software with Windows Vista (I'm normally using OS X 10.8). Would love to try the 2011 FW as by most peoples accounts it's less buggy, and overall sound is a bit warmer.

The player works great, just ID tagging my files correctly, drag and dropping files on OS X, and playing WAV and FLAC. 

Just so you know, starting on page 34 the manual switches to English...:biggrin:

At least in mine it does...YMMV

post #609 of 1288

Same with my manual but I was disappointed that it was mostly Chinese, and all the good screen shots and how to's for the firmware procedures were also in Chinese without English counterparts. At least I have the posts in here to show me what to with the FW software. :beerchug: 

post #610 of 1288

I don't know if this has already been brought up (read through much of this thread, but not everything), but I found that with the 2011 DYNAMIC firmware installed I've been having some seeking issues.  It's kind of funny and doesn't bother me but here's what happens:

 

Click & Hold FF button to skim through a track, and when I land and the play mode kicks back in suddenly the stereo channels are reversed.  Do it again, and they're back to normal.  I can replicate this bizarre effect over and over again going either forward or backward in a track.

 

 

Ever notice this?  I'm not sure if it happens with other firmware as I haven't had reason to switch back.  I very seldom move through the track like this, but I was auditioning different sets of headphones at the time.

 

Kind of a funny little bug.

post #611 of 1288

yep

it does the same strange thing with my Studio V. :confused_face:

I think this bug has been spotted already, not sure though

post #612 of 1288

 It doesn't quite sound right when reversed either. It's a known FLAC codec bug. I don't believe it does it in other formats. On mine I can do another quick bump and it usually comes back right.

post #613 of 1288

Does pausing the unit and then resuming playback fix this?

post #614 of 1288

I don't recall as I seldom advance tracks and use more than FLAC.

post #615 of 1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Does pausing the unit and then resuming playback fix this?

 

Just tested this theory out - no, the channels remain reversed after a pause/play action - only when advancing or reversing again does it return to normal.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review