Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 32

post #466 of 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

How I wish someone would sell their studio.

 

i got my new one going for £200 ($320) negotiable on shipping if youre interested

post #467 of 1299

Hi guys,

 

I joined the forum last week so first of all hello to everyone lol.

 

The forum has proved very useful for me as a novice to the audio game,in gathering peoples opinions on different audio setups. I'm looking to buy a DAP to play my flac files,currently I have an ipod touch,with fiio andes and a set of grado sr80i's and sennheiser momentums,has anyone used this player with the mentioned headphones at all and had any issues with the hissing noise Ive read about in some reviews?

 

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Steve

post #468 of 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Well obviously it was the reason they did not receive your package. I figured you would have learned from this and not repeated the same steps. You're gonna have to talk to hisound about this because it is most likely gonna be a problem yet again. I did mention this issue a long time ago on this thread though on a few occasion in reference to having the same issue with mp4nation and the Sflo2 being stuck in customs for months. That was until they went down there in person to sign for the package.

 

I've been pretty busy so I haven't had time to respond, but no, I respectfully disagree, Lee. The reason for my return package is not that obvious as Hisound themselves said this was a "rare case." It could possibly be the result of what you're saying, but I'd think Hisound would know or would notify their customers about this possible issue if it was in fact the situation. The only thing I have heard about possible customs issues was only by you "long ago" as you said and just recently by H20Fidelity after I already sent my package. When I spoke with Hisound this most recent time, their instructions were again for me to do the exact same thing; to flat out send it to their address in China and that's it. On what basis is this for me to know the minds and inquisitions of a foreign customs agency?

 

I agree that I could have spent more than a reasonable amount of money to attain better tracking (this is my 4th time [first 2 attempts were successful, the 3rd failed] sending the Studio-V to China- I cannot afford costly shipping services), but the battery bit is unavoidable as half the problem with my unit was the battery. So no, this whole debacle is not my fault.

 

post #469 of 1299

Regardless, the fact that I warned you and even H20 warned you is more than enough. The reason I told you is so you don't make the same mistake again. Maybe even hisound isn't aware of the situation? If you re-read my post regarding the situation with the SFLO2 being stuck in customs. Not even MP4Nation was aware of this. They didn't find out until I kept bitching to them about it taking so long (over 2 months). It was then that they investigated and found out they had to go down to the post office to get it released from customs. So as I said there is a high probability it was stuck in customs due to the battery.

 

Also factoring in that they are cracking down on importing batteries across the board, it is the only logical reason it would have been held in customs. Pretty much the fact that Hisound was required to go down in person to claim the unit further proves my point. If there are no issues it would have just passed through customs and been delivered directly to their business address. Keep in mind if I did not press the issue with MP4Nation it would have been rejected for sure.

 

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not playing the blame game here but I've given you advice to help prevent you from getting into more negative situations with this company (although in this case it really isn't their fault either). Wouldn't you rather just go through the hoops to get it done right? Regardless if hisound told you to do so and so. If they are not aware of the situation themselves and you have some hindsight into what is going on, wouldn't it make more sense to address this with hisound before shipping out to protect you of all people? To complain is one thing but if you are not gonna take the steps to prevent these issues from happening then I cannot have sympathy for you.


Edited by lee730 - 10/8/13 at 12:46am
post #470 of 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Regardless, the fact that I warned you and even H20 warned you is more than enough. The reason I told you is so you don't make the same mistake again. Maybe even hisound isn't aware of the situation? If you re-read my post regarding the situation with the SFLO2 being stuck in customs. Not even MP4Nation was aware of this. They didn't find out until I kept bitching to them about it taking so long (over 2 months). It was then that they investigated and found out they had to go down to the post office to get it released from customs. So as I said there is a high probability it was stuck in customs due to the battery.

 

Also factoring in that they are cracking down on importing batteries across the board, it is the only logical reason it would have been held in customs. Pretty much the fact that Hisound was required to go down in person to claim the unit further proves my point. If there are no issues it would have just passed through customs and been delivered directly to their business address. Keep in mind if I did not press the issue with MP4Nation it would have been rejected for sure.

 

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not playing the blame game here but I've given you advice to help prevent you from getting into more negative situations with this company (although in this case it really isn't their fault either). Wouldn't you rather just go through the hoops to get it done right? Regardless if hisound told you to do so and so. If they are not aware of the situation themselves and you have some hindsight into what is going on, wouldn't it make more sense to address this with hisound before shipping out to protect you of all people? To complain is one thing but if you are not gonna take the steps to prevent these issues from happening then I cannot have sympathy for you.

 

So you expect me to take your one isolated incident/s with MP4Nation as the sole reason for me to take every precaution possible when I've successfully shipped to China using the same method 2 out of 3 times? And no, H20 did not warn me. This is the third time I've said this now; I shipped my broken Studio-V back to China before H20 posted that speculation. In addition, my Lion battery was half the reason the player was defective. What is even your point to that regard? Do shipping companies that track all the way to the destination point in China bypass customs battery checks?

 

I am not looking for sympathy. If my 4th shipping attempt to Hisound does not make it, I'll know it was likely my fault this time. The 3rd attempt though? I don't think so. Yes, I took the more risky route this time to save money, but who could blame me (except monetarily comfortable people)? These shipping fees are stacking up high on my end! And why is that? Because the product I am repeatedly getting has defective issues that link back to the manufacturer, AKA Hisound Audio. I am not a wealthy international shipping expert. I'm just a guy who wants what he paid for. Please PM me if you'd like to continue this further.


Edited by treal512 - 10/8/13 at 11:23am
post #471 of 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post
 

 

So you expect me to take your one isolated incident/s with MP4Nation as the sole reason for me to take every precaution possible when I've successfully shipped to China using the same method 2 out of 3 times? And no, H20 did not warn me. This is the third time I've said this now; I shipped my broken Studio-V back to China before H20 posted that speculation. In addition, my Lion battery was half the reason the player was defective. What is even your point to that regard? Do shipping companies that track all the way to the destination point in China bypass customs battery checks?

 

I am not looking for sympathy. If my 4th shipping attempt to Hisound does not make it, I'll know it was likely my fault this time. The 3rd attempt though? I don't think so. Yes, I took the more risky route this time to save money, but who could blame me (except monetarily comfortable people)? These shipping fees are stacking up high on my end! And why is that? Because the product I am repeatedly getting has defective issues that link back to the manufacturer, AKA Hisound Audio. I am not a wealthy international shipping expert. I'm just a guy who wants what he paid for. Please PM me if you'd like to continue this further.

 

Well I thought H20 did tell you about the battery issues before you shipped the unit back? When did you ship it back? He posted such on the DX50 thread some time ago. My point is if you did use tracking that would root out the issues of hisound not receiving the player because they too could track it. So if it showed being stuck in customs they could do something about it. Plus since you were complaining that hisound was not supporting you and that you are most likely out a player due to it being lost in the mail or even that they are not being honest. The only way to solve that for sure is to have tracking. Basically I'm saying it is moot to complain in the event something happens. Yes I understand you have had bad experiences with them and with reliability. I've had my share of issues as well with DAPs.. Even more so than you. But I took the steps to get things sorted. I could not complain though if my item was lost in shipping due to not paying for tracking. That would be on my end. I too took the risk and shipped back my defective hisound player. It took a couple weeks to get there and it took well over 3 weeks to receive the new unit from Singapore. Oh yeah and I'm not rich either. But I'd definitely pay for tracking if I was in your situation. I remember you mentioning your player being lost before or that it took a very long time to get back to you on a different RMA.


Edited by lee730 - 10/8/13 at 9:24pm
post #472 of 1299

A strange thing.... I did the firmware mod recently and now when i start the Studio V 3rd back up again it will pick up playing from where it left off. Never used to do this....

post #473 of 1299

I think that was one of the upgrades. There are other library issues that come with it. Depending on the type of files you use, it may not be an issue for your needs and you're good to go. 

post #474 of 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

Well I thought H20 did tell you about the battery issues before you shipped the unit back? When did you ship it back? He posted such on the DX50 thread some time ago. My point is if you did use tracking that would root out the issues of hisound not receiving the player because they too could track it. So if it showed being stuck in customs they could do something about it. Plus since you were complaining that hisound was not supporting you and that you are most likely out a player due to it being lost in the mail or even that they are not being honest. The only way to solve that for sure is to have tracking. Basically I'm saying it is moot to complain in the event something happens. Yes I understand you have had bad experiences with them and with reliability. I've had my share of issues as well with DAPs.. Even more so than you. But I took the steps to get things sorted. I could not complain though if my item was lost in shipping due to not paying for tracking. That would be on my end. I too took the risk and shipped back my defective hisound player. It took a couple weeks to get there and it took well over 3 weeks to receive the new unit from Singapore. Oh yeah and I'm not rich either. But I'd definitely pay for tracking if I was in your situation. I remember you mentioning your player being lost before or that it took a very long time to get back to you on a different RMA.

 

Sorry Lee, I'm not going to re-answer or address the comments I've already answered.

 

I'm not saying others on this forum are rich, but in terms of relativity, I am as broke as they come right now. This is something you do not understand and is a great barrier for me choosing more reliable shipping routes for a product that is extremely problematique. My current game plan is really a bonus for me right now because I've already written off the Studio-V monetarily (I cut my losses with this junk a long time ago) and as a viable DAP for myself. If I ever get a working replacement back from Hisound, it's going straight up for sale because I cannot maintain such a flimsy device that brings nothing but problems into my life and continually saps my minimal funds. This is why I post about my experiences with Hisound on this forum. It's a warning for others. If you're willing to continually drop wads of cash to play ping-pong with your Studio-V and Hisound in China you'll be fine, but if you're not, going with something else might be a more effective choice.

post #475 of 1299

That I  understand. When you've had so many bad experiences it is best to cut your loses and sell the unit. The funny thing is the unit will probably not give the new owner any issues. Kinda like when I got tired of fixing my car and sold it. Still runs for the guy.... :(

post #476 of 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

That I  understand. When you've had so many bad experiences it is best to cut your loses and sell the unit. The funny thing is the unit will probably not give the new owner any issues. Kinda like when I got tired of fixing my car and sold it. Still runs for the guy.... :(

 

Very true. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the new owner was as happy as a clam. I'll definitely miss the Studio's soundstage though.

post #477 of 1299
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeta182 View Post

I don't know if anyone else got this but in case you didn't;

I got an email from hisound with a 10% off coupon. The customer service there said I can reuse the coupon and give it to friends too...I got my studio 3 For £198 with free shipping from the UK. Worth doing if you're in the EU as there are no customs. Anyway the code is NC2013

And the site is hisound.co.uk

Can anyone recommend some iems for use with the studio? I've just washed my pfe 132 frown.gif so I'm going to have to get some new ones. Anything around the £100 mark? Preferably with no hiss smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks


Thanks very much for the heads-up Geeta182. I didn't know about hisound.co.uk untill you mentioned it and thanks to your mentioning the code I managed to get a price for the Studio V Anniversary for around your price.

 

I'd been completely uncertain about whether or not t obuy one but at that price I'm willing to risk it.

 

Here's hoping the sound quality outweighs the idiosyncratic UI.

 

Can't wait to get to grips with it.

 

Thanks once again for sharing your info.

post #478 of 1299
Hello all. I'm sure that this question could be answered if I just peruse the thread a bit more, but I figure a reply wouldn't hurt either. I'm having several issues with my player. As some have noted, my buttons are sticking, the battery doesn't last long, and I feel the sound has mellowed out negatively. I definitely want these issues taken care of. Is the best way to resolve them to send the players to hisound? If so, could anybody explain to me how to do so correctly?
post #479 of 1299

First, reload the FW. The buttons sticking can be fixed with a bit of disassembly if your up to it. Either cleaning the cause or repositioning the main board should take care of it. The battery thing is odd but there may be a tear in it's cover and a partial shorting to the case. That can also be sorted with some tape. Either that or it will have to be replaced. I'd do that myself as well but if you aren't handy with an iron, send it to Hisound. In any case I would take it apart by removing the back stick-on and then the 4 corner screws to see what's going on. It may just be a tight fit or an expanded battery causing this. You may want to check with Jack via pm 1st about warranty vs looking yourself. 


Edited by goodvibes - 10/11/13 at 10:45am
post #480 of 1299
How do I reload the firmware?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review