Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 21

post #301 of 1021

What type of sound signature does the the Meir have? What does it add to the Studios sound? I haven't found an amp yet that didn't change the stock Studios Vs sound. Never liked amping it honestly.....

post #302 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

What type of sound signature does the the Meir have? What does it add to the Studios sound? I haven't found an amp yet that didn't change the stock Studios Vs sound. Never liked amping it honestly.....

 

I also felt that way till I heard the quickstep. 

 

I'm not sure what the correct term is, but it doesn't change the sound.

 

It adds depth/space, bass hits harder...

 

 

 

EDIT:

Here's a quote from the Quickstep thread posted a few hours ago by head-fi member zilch0md.

 

"If you're double-amping, the Quickstep, which is very neutral and transparent, will only amplify the sound of the iPhone 4S' internal amp - so it wouldn't sound much different, except perhaps for more bass extension and greater dynamics -."

 

 

 

 

I guess I had a brain fart earlier, and couldn't think of the right words, but basically, well, I got the point across...well, I hope I didconfused_face.gif


Edited by wormsdriver - 7/8/13 at 9:20pm
post #303 of 1021

So, I emailed Jack twice about my Anniversary woes, haven't heard back (I did hear back once initially, he told me to wait for the firmware upgrade, since I haven't gotten anywhere with the firmware upgrades I tried contacting him x 2, no answer). Maybe he'll see the post here and let me know what I do next?

post #304 of 1021

I have a weird issue with my 3rd Anniv. I have my Studio V in a case when I am not using it and it somehow gets turned on(the case has a semi-hard shell so if in my pocket the center button probably gets pressed. Anyway, when this happens the unit displays Initializing External Media, Running CheckDisk. To get rid of the message I have to reset the device. The SDXC card was formatted correcfly, so that is not the issue. Has anyone else run into this?


Edited by red71rum - 7/9/13 at 6:12am
post #305 of 1021

No but it likely has to do with holding down 2/3 buttons on turn on to get into diagnostics. The simple answer is don't do that.bigsmile_face.gif

post #306 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

So, I emailed Jack twice about my Anniversary woes, haven't heard back (I did hear back once initially, he told me to wait for the firmware upgrade, since I haven't gotten anywhere with the firmware upgrades I tried contacting him x 2, no answer). Maybe he'll see the post here and let me know what I do next?

If you think you're just having issues with the install and want to send it to me, I'll try and do the FW for you. Done it a bunch of times with a few HiSounds.

post #307 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

No but it likely has to do with holding down 2/3 buttons on turn on to get into diagnostics. The simple answer is don't do that.bigsmile_face.gif

I realize not to do it, but stuff like that happens sometimes. I was just wondering if there was a way to reverse it, rather than hitting the resetbigsmile_face.gif  I know I could get out of something like that with my sansa clip +.

post #308 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post

I realize not to do it, but stuff like that happens sometimes. I was just wondering if there was a way to reverse it, rather than hitting the resetbigsmile_face.gif  I know I could get out of something like that with my sansa clip +.

 

That's funny because I've never induced this before and never knew it was possible until now. regular_smile%20.gif

post #309 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

That's funny because I've never induced this before and never knew it was possible until now. regular_smile%20.gif

I guess I have the "gift." The unit is great otherwise, it is orders above the Cowon X9 I had that I sent back to Amazon.

post #310 of 1021
Love my Graham Slee Voyager with my Studio V, via Kimber mini cable
post #311 of 1021

So, did the new firmware get released to the wild yet?

post #312 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

So, did the new firmware get released to the wild yet?

Not that I have seen.

post #313 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

So, I emailed Jack twice about my Anniversary woes, haven't heard back (I did hear back once initially, he told me to wait for the firmware upgrade, since I haven't gotten anywhere with the firmware upgrades I tried contacting him x 2, no answer). Maybe he'll see the post here and let me know what I do next?

If you think you're just having issues with the install and want to send it to me, I'll try and do the FW for you. Done it a bunch of times with a few HiSounds.

Don't know what the issue is-as described, it's just dead. When I connect it to the computer, it comes alive, shows the cartoon of transferring files or charging. When I plug it into the wall, rotates between the 3 start up screens (Hisound , do music, Studio). When I disconnect it, doesn't go on, zilch. Tried firmware upgrade, doesn't recognize the Studio is attached and get error and doesn't complete. Got nothing to lose-if you don't mind, you can PM me info and I'd send it if you think you can bring it back to life. I actually do like the way it sounds and miss it.

post #314 of 1021

My rocoo BA is dead for sure, the quick fixes is not doing me any thing anyone knows how I can order a studio V?

post #315 of 1021

I suggest you contact Jack and see what can be done.

 

Anyways on a plus note Jack has provided me the firmwares for the 3rd ANV as well as the Rocoo P/BA. Below are the links to both downloads which also includes directions from him.

 

Cheers,

 

http://www.head-fi.org/a/hisound-firmware-and-directions
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review