Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 12

post #166 of 1362
I haven't been paying attention to this thread for a while, just enjoying listening to my Studio. Really not interested in complaining. Then out of nowhere my Studio just stopped working. Press the center button, nothing happens. It's not completely dead... When I connect to the PC the charging screen comes up. The bottom 2 lights go on. Disconnect, nada. Won't go on, no light at the bottom, nothing. Emailed Jack, he told me to wait for the firmware upgrade, would fix it. Could be, but I'm skeptical. Really hope it does, though. So, I'm back to my ipod touch, iTunes, doesn't sound as good BUT IT WORKS. SOMETHING THAT PLAYS/WORKS SOUNDS BETTER THAN SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T. Have to say, my experience with this thing have not been good. Was waiting for Jack to email me when I could try to get it working with the new firmware, haven't heard yet. From reading recent posts, I get the idea that it may be available already. Am I misinterpreting? Help...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
post #167 of 1362
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I haven't been paying attention to this thread for a while, just enjoying listening to my Studio. Really not interested in complaining. Then out of nowhere my Studio just stopped working. Press the center button, nothing happens. It's not completely dead... When I connect to the PC the charging screen comes up. The bottom 2 lights go on. Disconnect, nada. Won't go on, no light at the bottom, nothing. Emailed Jack, he told me to wait for the firmware upgrade, would fix it. Could be, but I'm skeptical. Really hope it does, though. So, I'm back to my ipod touch, iTunes, doesn't sound as good BUT IT WORKS. SOMETHING THAT PLAYS/WORKS SOUNDS BETTER THAN SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T. Have to say, my experience with this thing have not been good. Was waiting for Jack to email me when I could try to get it working with the new firmware, haven't heard yet. From reading recent posts, I get the idea that it may be available already. Am I misinterpreting? Help...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NO, it is not available yet but apparently will be very soon. By the way, have yo reset your device and/or re installed the firmware ?  Early on in the life of my player it did a similar thing but after a re installation has been perfectly stable for nearly a year. If you have never loaded firmware before go to the Rocoo firmware thread for instructions.

post #168 of 1362

I did hit the reset button, haven't reinstalled firmware...a bit intimidated about the idea, but I'll check out the Rocoo thread and see if I can manage it. Got nothing to lose.

post #169 of 1362

At Hisound's discretion, I've uploaded both firmware files for both the Studio and RoCoo. Courtesy of our good friend Jack, of Hisound, of course. smile.gif

 

 

Instructions can be found within the respective zip files. I'll update where necessary. Happy listening fellas! biggrin.gif

 

DISCLAIMER: I'm merely uploading the exact files I received from Jack, so for all intents and purposes, please refer to hisound for all troubleshooting. Thank you.

 

 

 

This is at the beginning of the Rocoo firmware thread...is the firmware for the studio the same that I'd use now on the Anniversary?

post #170 of 1362

Doctorjazz since you said it turns on when you plug it in try leaving it plugged in until it is fully charged. Meaning the lights on the bottom of the player go off (no red or blue). I recently had this issue where my battery was so drained that it needed a full charge. When I'd unplug it it would just shut off. Try it out. It may be your issue as well. Try to delete the system folder from the internal memory and do a hard reset as suggested. Lastly try the firmware reinstallation. I had to do it before when improperly ejecting SD cards with the unit on. That ruined the firmware one time for me. Never swap out SD cards unless the unit is powered off! When you put in new SD cards be sure to delete the internal memory system folder or you can also have issues. Good luck.
 


Edited by lee730 - 6/21/13 at 8:45pm
post #171 of 1362

It's not battery, I left it connected to the computer for days. Ejected it, exactly the same. I don't remember the hard reset-I assume that's not just the reset hole at the top, but some combination of buttons pressed. I hadn't touched the sd card, and I try to always eject properly from the computer. If there is a link somewhere to the hard reset instructions (or if it is just simple to describe it), I guess that's my next thing to try. Thanks.

post #172 of 1362

(I initially thought the same thing, the lights being on when connected to the PC meant it just needed a charge. Wish that were the case).

post #173 of 1362

If the FW is corrupted, it won't turn on but should still be able to be updated. It easy to drag something into the system folder by mistake. Try the FW upgrade procedure with the Studio Dynamic FW.

post #174 of 1362
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

At Hisound's discretion, I've uploaded both firmware files for both the Studio and RoCoo. Courtesy of our good friend Jack, of Hisound, of course. smile.gif

 

 

Instructions can be found within the respective zip files. I'll update where necessary. Happy listening fellas! biggrin.gif

 

DISCLAIMER: I'm merely uploading the exact files I received from Jack, so for all intents and purposes, please refer to hisound for all troubleshooting. Thank you.

 

 

 

This is at the beginning of the Rocoo firmware thread...is the firmware for the studio the same that I'd use now on the Anniversary?


the file names are the same as the old firmware, is this new? 

I thought I read there was new Studio firmware? or I could have dreamt it

thanks

post #175 of 1362
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post


the file names are the same as the old firmware, is this new? 

I thought I read there was new Studio firmware? or I could have dreamt it

thanks

...Twas all a Dream, young man

 

 

 

The new firmware hasn't been released yet

post #176 of 1362
Jack is such a tease !
post #177 of 1362

having some difficulty with the firmware-zip didn't want to open. The player itself has these files, right? /maybe I can copy them to pc, then open and follow instructions? Gonna get back to it and give it a try.

post #178 of 1362

OK, unzipped file, opened word file with instructions, did the reset and button holds as directed. If I then open the folder and try to run the StUpdater exe, I get an errorn cam't open the file.

post #179 of 1362

I actually get the exe to open, but then I get an error, "unable to open firmware.ab". Tried it a fewtimes, same result.

post #180 of 1362

Looks like I've got a pretty, gold paperweight...any ideas?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review