Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 81

post #1201 of 1266

Button off for me, too.

 

 

I posted this months back, but for the hissing I use this: Shure EAADPT-KIT Adapter Kit (Combines 1/4" Adapter, Airline Adapter, Attachable Volume Control)

I use it with my JH and UE CIEM's to take care of the hiss and electronic (circuitry) noise I hear with my studio 3rd.

 

This is what comes in the kit:

post #1202 of 1266

I can hear the hiss between tracks but have never found it intrusive while actually listening to music on the 3rd. We're all different but I like my jh13s straight out of the 3rd or BA.

post #1203 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



Lee hears the same thing, hopefully he reads your post and tunes in.

I always leave it off, the beeping noise would drive me up the wall. Even if there was a preferable difference with the sound on, I'd opt to leave it off anyway.
 

 

I prefer is on. The sound has more focus especially on the mids where with it off the sound is a bit distant. I think there is more bass with it off as well. Overall I find the sound to be a tad dull when it is off in comparison. I don't really consider this to be more clear IMO though.


Edited by lee730 - 8/17/14 at 3:57pm
post #1204 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

I prefer is on. The sound has more focus especially on the mids where with it off the sound is a bit distant. I think there is more bass with it off as well. Overall I find the sound to be a tad dull when it is off in comparison. I don't really consider this to be more clear IMO though.



I never really tried too much to be honest. By mind was made up simply from the annoyance of the 'beep'.

 

post #1205 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



I never really tried too much to be honest. By mind was made up simply from the annoyance of the 'beep'.

 

 

Yeah the beeping noise is quite annoying lol. But once I heard the difference and of course going back and forward that annoyed me even more :P.

post #1206 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

Yeah the beeping noise is quite annoying lol. But once I heard the difference and of course going back and forward that annoyed me even more :P.



Haha, I know what you mean. It's like me when I found a way you could test for hiss levels.

When on the now playing screen pause the music, then go back into menu and select "now playing" ,when you select that the level of background hiss is audible without any music playing. Honestly driven myself half crazy repeating that process. ;P

post #1207 of 1266

My year old Studio 3v is having some problems today. I recently went to turn it on and it was stuck at the scrolling Initializing CMI for an hour. I then deleted a bunch of the music off the SDXC card and deleted the system\playlist folders from the main memory. It is still taking way too long to come up. All of these tags were cleaned using Mp3tag per the thread many pages back. Anyone have this problem before? I was almost thinking of reformatting the SDXC card.

post #1208 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
 

My year old Studio 3v is having some problems today. I recently went to turn it on and it was stuck at the scrolling Initializing CMI for an hour. I then deleted a bunch of the music off the SDXC card and deleted the system\playlist folders from the main memory. It is still taking way too long to come up. All of these tags were cleaned using Mp3tag per the thread many pages back. Anyone have this problem before? I was almost thinking of reformatting the SDXC card.



Try a different memory card. The card could be faulty. Does it do this long scan with only the internal memory loaded? Most likely the issue IMO.

post #1209 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 



Try a different memory card. The card could be faulty. Does it do this long scan with only the internal memory loaded? Most likely the issue IMO.


It is the Sandisk Ultra 64 gig that I always used. It just started doing this yesterday. With the card out and only one track on the internal memory, it plays the HiSound logo and then goes black. Now it says Low Voltage, but showed 3 bars yesterday. I will power it for all day today and see if it helps. Of course I might have killed the battery yesterday letting it scan for so long.

 

Edit - After charging the player for a bit I tried it without the card and it went right to being able to play tracks with the card not inserted. I did add and remove some tracks last week, but I doubt that would have cause the current problems. The card works fine in Sansa Clip Zip by the way. I will try to reformat the card and see if that helps.


Edited by red71rum - 8/19/14 at 6:36am
post #1210 of 1266

I couldn't find that C30 for sale, let alone $30...hmm

post #1211 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
 


It is the Sandisk Ultra 64 gig that I always used. It just started doing this yesterday. With the card out and only one track on the internal memory, it plays the HiSound logo and then goes black. Now it says Low Voltage, but showed 3 bars yesterday. I will power it for all day today and see if it helps. Of course I might have killed the battery yesterday letting it scan for so long.

 

Edit - After charging the player for a bit I tried it without the card and it went right to being able to play tracks with the card not inserted. I did add and remove some tracks last week, but I doubt that would have cause the current problems. The card works fine in Sansa Clip Zip by the way. I will try to reformat the card and see if that helps.

 

Hmm well if you did add a bunch of tracks without deleting the system folder on the internal memory it can cause loading problems. I've had it happen before where I added a bunch of stuff and had to delete the system folder to get it to stop scanning indefinitely. But you said you deleted the system folder so I don't understand that.

post #1212 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpJ View Post
 

I couldn't find that C30 for sale, let alone $30...hmm

 


Well they sell it here for a bit higher. Not sure if the source is reliable though.

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Brand-Original-New-Cube-C30-MP3-Player-Media-Player-with-HIFI-earphone-F1-blue-color-only/101027_494167121.html

post #1213 of 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 


Well they sell it here for a bit higher. Not sure if the source is reliable though.

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Brand-Original-New-Cube-C30-MP3-Player-Media-Player-with-HIFI-earphone-F1-blue-color-only/101027_494167121.html

Saw that but it's oos. It says not available. 

post #1214 of 1266

oh :P.

post #1215 of 1266

http://www.jtshoponline.com/buy-cube-c30-pure-mp3-player-bbe-effect-4gb-freeshipping_p200.html Don't know if this $50 source is reliable but easy enough to find. Seems a waste when you can get used RoCoos for close to $100.


Edited by goodvibes - 8/20/14 at 5:13am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review