Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 75

post #1111 of 1370

Sounds like it took a pretty good hit at some point. I would take the line in jack and move it to the HO position (by a different technician). What you may have been getting after the last local service is that the jack lacked a ground.  It will still play in a reduced volume crossfeed fashion with the load being the resistance of the 2 drivers in series between the pos outputs. Reduced volume, dull, limited separation type of sound. Perhaps it's no longer the jack and the board is cracked and intermittent.:(

post #1112 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Sounds like it took a pretty good hit at some point. I would take the line in jack and move it to the HO position (by a different technician). What you may have been getting after the last local service is that the jack lacked a ground.  It will still play in a reduced volume crossfeed fashion with the load being the resistance of the 2 drivers in series between the pos outputs. Reduced volume, dull, limited separation type of sound. Perhaps it's no longer the jack and the board is cracked and intermittent.:(


I wouldn't want to go through technician here in NY after their attempt to fix it, it costs alot more than you could imagine after i did one. For the safety of this player, it needs to go directly to the ones who made it, they have a better understanding of inner boards.

I honestly want to sell it off right now after having HDP R10, the unit has been replaced to look like new again, but it seems that they couldn't identify the problem with jack, if i remembered correctly they didn't find anything damaged with the board itself so i guess the problem comes directly from the glued output jack.


Edited by gearofwar - 6/25/14 at 12:54pm
post #1113 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
 


well i have not heard the inear stage 3 so im just guessing but given its said to be on the dark side of things i would have thought the Studio would pair very nicely.  personally i would pair sowething dark with something lighter so id expect that i would prefer the Studio over the DX90 with them, but like i said ive not heard so just guessing.

hımmm thanks

 

 

I always listen flac  (800 or 1000 kbps)   and  just electronic music  

 

 

Did you listen other daps  for example   astell kern ak100 , dx50 , dx90 , sony f887 vs vs

 

finally

I am confused  ,  I want to listen balanced music 

 

I wish you understand me  :biggrin: 

hisound is suitable for me , AM I RIGHT ?

post #1114 of 1370
Thread Starter 

ive also heard the DX50.

 

for electronic music, i would be inclined to a cooler sounding DAP, cooler, cleaner, harder and the Studio fits that idea.

 

so for what you want i believe the Studio would suit you very well.

post #1115 of 1370

thank you so much

 

I will buy it as soon as possible

post #1116 of 1370

hi again

im little irritated by hiss comin from my studio listeing on senn ie80

and wanna try somethin new...;)

im curious about Heir Audio IEM 5.0 - is anybody here could tell me how this two could work together?

perhaps some of you was trying this set?

post #1117 of 1370

good morning 
my hisound Studio V has an annoying problem with the jack in:
it work properly only if i push and keep push the headphone jack inside
if i rotate the jack the sound come out discontinuous 
it s not a problem of right of left channel but it is more like it miss some part of the music, from both the channel
i tried already to check if some small stuff were inside (a small piece of cotton from the jeans pocket for example.) but nothing came out
yesterday i tried to open it, i unscrew the four screws, but i was unable to remove the back..

i would like to ask you guys, how to solve this problem
how to open the dap to check inside and maybe to replace the jack in..

i like the hisound studio very much, i would nt replace all the dap
thank you very much
ciao,
Daniele

post #1118 of 1370

I picked up a used camera a few days ago and thought why not use Studio V 3rd Anv as my first test subject.

The camera used is:  12mp Canon PowerShot G9 which a few years back was considered a very honorable camera.






Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/2/14 at 9:06pm
post #1119 of 1370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo Turtle View Post
 

hi again

im little irritated by hiss comin from my studio listeing on senn ie80

and wanna try somethin new...;)

im curious about Heir Audio IEM 5.0 - is anybody here could tell me how this two could work together?

perhaps some of you was trying this set?


you know you could just add an impedance adapter between your studio and IE80?  would remove all the hiss.

post #1120 of 1370

I believe that the ie80 has a dead flat impedance curve so that should be a great solution.

post #1121 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I picked up a used camera a few days ago and thought why not use Studio V 3rd Anv as my first test subject.

The camera used is:  12mp Canon PowerShot G9 which a few years back was considered a very honorable camera.






I wish mine still looked like that. I've dropped it more than once and it just keeps on ticking.

post #1122 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 


I wish mine still looked like that. I've dropped it more than once and it just keeps on ticking.



That photo has been slightly adjusted to bring out it's best appearance, there's a couple of band-aids to cover two spots. :smile: Though mine has never been outside.

Most unbelievable battery life of any DAP I've ever owned! 

 

Dat hiss tho. :tongue_smile:

post #1123 of 1370

Well here's the deal. It's small, it has enormous battery life, it's strong, it's real easy to use in your pocket and outside is noisy anyway. If ever there was DAP for portable use where noise needs to be over come with a bit more V or taken for granted, this is it. I find the noise thing depends on the IEM, both in efficiency and character. My JH13s are 116db efficient at 28 ohms and it's fine even indoors but they have a very even response without major peaks on top.

 

It's odd because some think the 13s are an analytical or etched sort of sound that would emphasize hiss but would strongly disagree. I have to be careful with cables that are to middy and de-emphasize the highs. JH13s can sound lean with a pure silver cable, middy on a silver w/1%gold or some SPC, darker with some fat 8 strand copper etc and pretty right with simple copper, OEM type SPC, or hybrid cables. They're good with TWAG V3 as well so there's obviously more to it than just materials. I really like them partially because they are chameleons. Other than a bit extra low bass that tends to not show itself when sources get right they give me a sense of what else I'm using without as much synergy confusion.


Edited by goodvibes - 7/4/14 at 9:36am
post #1124 of 1370
I kinda miss mine badly.... I accidentally dropped mine a couple of times and suspected it caused the power current control to lose its grip.

I plugged in my old FX700 and Miles Davis Tributes.. which the Studio-V cooked up the drivers really hot (not surprised if its 100 degrees or more).

Needless to say, the drivers gets cooked and I had to say goodbye to 1 DAP and 2 Iems all at one go. That was around 10 months ago already.

Even with the DX90 I still sometimes miss the airy and spacious house sound of the 3rd Anv but oh well..
post #1125 of 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Well here's the deal. It's small, it has enormous battery life, it's strong, it's real easy to use in your pocket and outside is noisy anyway. If ever there was DAP for portable use where noise needs to be over come with a bit more V or taken for granted, this is it. I find the noise thing depends on the IEM, both in efficiency and character. My JH13s are 116db efficient at 28 ohms and it's fine even indoors but they have a very even response without major peaks on top.

It's odd because some think the 13s are an analytical or etched sort of sound that would emphasize hiss but would strongly disagree. I have to be careful with cables that are to middy and de-emphasize the highs. JH13s can sound lean with a pure silver cable, middy on a silver w/1%gold or some SPC, darker with some fat 8 strand copper etc and pretty right with simple copper, OEM type SPC, or hybrid cables. They're good with TWAG V3 as well so there's obviously more to it than just materials. I really like them partially because they are chameleons. Other than a bit extra low bass that tends to not show itself when sources get right they give me a sense of what else I'm using without as much synergy confusion.

I agree the outcomes dependant on the IEM and varies. With most full-size headphones being completely fine, actually every full-size headphone has never hissed with either of my Studio V, not to an obvious level. The 100ohm ER4S is completely silent too.

Where I test the hisound players to thier limits in regards to hiss is listen laying down, often in the dead of night, 2am - 3am etc, so I'm pretty much pushing the absolute outer boundary of a silent environment. Through the day it often goes unnoticed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review