or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review - Page 68

post #1006 of 1482

red71drum , did you listen ie80 with V ? I personally love this combo and I think these iems are most preferable in our studioV crew :)  V is able to draw a lot of details from ie80 great with instrumental music  and if you would play a little with a bass knob on ie80 they can turn into deep bass iems with same space and separation good to hear in dnb and electronic music.


Edited by kob12 - 4/5/14 at 1:12am
post #1007 of 1482

Well... I use the amperor with the Studio V 2nd.
I do not fell the problem that you have, but i think the 2nd edition is a little less powerful that the 3rd.
For the moment, i found that they pair wery well.
G.

post #1008 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
 


I have the Amperior and find that the Studio V 3rd is too powerful for them, at least the volume seems to loud for me even at volume 1. I use headphones with a little higher impedence like the AKG K280 Parabolic. Maybe my ears are overly sensitive though.

 

Coming back to this, which closed headphones do you guys use with your Studio? I have the ATh-50, but to me they are really unexceptional. And also which IEM? The Studio V 3rd, seems too powerful for my TF10 and Sony XBA-3.

You could try using this: Shure EAADPT-KIT Adapter Kit (Combines 1/4" Adapter, Airline Adapter, Attachable Volume Control)

 

The volume control would allow you to get eh volume up on the Studio (and out of its noisy range) and then control the volume with the Shure control.  As I said before I use it on my JH and UE CIEM's to take care of the hiss and electronic (circuitry) noise I hear with my studio 3rd.  it would, IMO, help you with your concern, also.

post #1009 of 1482
Any of you have experience with both studio 3rd and nova3? Sound wise how competent is nova3 against studio3? (I am finally coming back home after using x3 and dx50 which I don't find they're comparable to hisound) hisound is my only hope! Help guys!
post #1010 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung Woo Cho View Post

Any of you have experience with both studio 3rd and nova3? Sound wise how competent is nova3 against studio3? (I am finally coming back home after using x3 and dx50 which I don't find they're comparable to hisound) hisound is my only hope! Help guys!

X5?   Have the V 3rd anniv now and from what I've heard from Lee and H20, the X5 is a winner!  Actually I plan on getting the X5 and if its what I think my 3rd anniv will be for sale at a very good price!!


Edited by soundbear - 4/6/14 at 8:09am
post #1011 of 1482
I really really liked the N3, it has a sweeter sound than the Studio, but the amp is very weak, it cant drive on ears like DT1350 and ES7 at all, it has no line output too. So if you use sensitive IEM only it could be good. The N3 has a lot going for it, its a shame Hisound abandoned it.
post #1012 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbear View Post

X5?   Have the V 3rd anniv now and from what I've heard from Lee and H20, the X5 is a winner!  Actually I plan on getting the X5 and if its what I think my 3rd anniv will be for sale at a very good price!!
really? In what aspect is x5 more superior than the studio? Honestly for me as long as music sounds exciting I'm good to go. That's why I dislike x3 and dx50. They were like sitting on the fence of accuracy (what audiophiles want) and fun. Which I felt they are master of none. If x5 is another of that case and is just technically superior, hi sound still will have a place in my set up.
Edited by Jung Woo Cho - 4/6/14 at 9:37am
post #1013 of 1482

I was just passing what they said on to you, no need to "implode" about it, LOL!!

  You can read the reviews and comments by Lee and H20 along with some Studio V comparisons on http://www.head-fi.org/t/696004/fiio-x5-preview-world-tour-call-for-gift-ideas-for-our-awesome-tour-members-p-119.   Not sure what page the V is on.  

To be honest, Eke borrowed my Studio V 3rd anniv and compared it to the iphone4 and he said the main difference was the Studio seemed brighter.   I compared the two and my ears heard the same thing.   I actually preferred the warmer sound of the iphone to the 3rd Anniv, which is warmer than the V.   My combo is the Studio V3rd and the Tralucent T1, the T1 gives depth and warmth to the Studio.   Compared to the iphone, that combo sounded virtually the same- perhaps a bit more technical was the combo, but very close.   I used to have the V, then I had the 3rd anniv and to be honest, I'm tired of the analytical SQ and UI.   My hope is that the X5 will give me the warmth I like along with enough technicality to feel it can replace my current combo.

post #1014 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 

You could try using this: Shure EAADPT-KIT Adapter Kit (Combines 1/4" Adapter, Airline Adapter, Attachable Volume Control)

 

The volume control would allow you to get eh volume up on the Studio (and out of its noisy range) and then control the volume with the Shure control.  As I said before I use it on my JH and UE CIEM's to take care of the hiss and electronic (circuitry) noise I hear with my studio 3rd.  it would, IMO, help you with your concern, also.

 

Thanks, that is an interesting solution and after looking on Amazon I found this for a little cheaper but probably as good: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00001P4XH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER   It would be nice to be able to use my Amperiors,TF10, or Ety HF-3 with this.

post #1015 of 1482

I can't thank you enough for this simple but very useful tips. 

Now I can use my fitear togo  without hiss :D

post #1016 of 1482

If you use the BA firmware on the Studio hiss is also vastly reduced. I really like the way the BA firmware sounds.

post #1017 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbear View Post
 

I was just passing what they said on to you, no need to "implode" about it, LOL!!

  You can read the reviews and comments by Lee and H20 along with some Studio V comparisons on http://www.head-fi.org/t/696004/fiio-x5-preview-world-tour-call-for-gift-ideas-for-our-awesome-tour-members-p-119.   Not sure what page the V is on.  

To be honest, Eke borrowed my Studio V 3rd anniv and compared it to the iphone4 and he said the main difference was the Studio seemed brighter.   I compared the two and my ears heard the same thing.   I actually preferred the warmer sound of the iphone to the 3rd Anniv, which is warmer than the V.   My combo is the Studio V3rd and the Tralucent T1, the T1 gives depth and warmth to the Studio.   Compared to the iphone, that combo sounded virtually the same- perhaps a bit more technical was the combo, but very close.   I used to have the V, then I had the 3rd anniv and to be honest, I'm tired of the analytical SQ and UI.   My hope is that the X5 will give me the warmth I like along with enough technicality to feel it can replace my current combo.

I also think the Itouch/Iphone are underrated but still prefer the sound of my Anv 3. I don't find it bright and that it falls into the tonality of those units depending on series. (some are leaner/brighter than the Studio as well). I think that if you're not a fan of the studio sig that you won't like the upper mids/highs of the X5. It's warm but brighter in the lower treble at the same time. I ordered a DX90 after briefly hearing the x5. 

post #1018 of 1482
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

I also think the Itouch/Iphone are underrated but still prefer the sound of my Anv 3. I don't find it bright and that it falls into the tonality of those units depending on series. (some are leaner/brighter than the Studio as well). I think that if you're not a fan of the studio sig that you won't like the upper mids/highs of the X5. It's warm but brighter in the lower treble at the same time. I ordered a DX90 after briefly hearing the x5. 

So are you describing the DX90 as having more of the iphone4(S) and Tralucent T1 warmth/tonality than the X5 in mids and highs?  I used to have the T51(sflo2) which had a warm tonality as I recall, LOL, perhaps not Total Recall due to Senior Age Restrictions:D 

post #1019 of 1482

Any of you contacted Jack recently? He hasnt been replying my pm for quite a while when i asked him if i could get any discount if i write a review on nova 3 or studio v.

post #1020 of 1482

I have made recent contact with Jack on Linkedin

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review