Is it possible to buy ipod remote for westone 4 or 4r earphones?
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from UE700 to UE900 worth it? Last post on 4/2/14 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help a newbie. Currently using Galaxy Note 3 and Westone 4R. Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:10am in Portable Source Gear
- Westone 4r ear tips Last post on 2/20/14 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AK100 MK2, Westone 4r & Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 bad experience Last post on 2/17/14 at 5:18am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?post #1 of 1611/4/12 at 1:31amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1611/4/12 at 1:54am
JH Audio has a cable like that for smartphones in general but since I don't have one, I can't tell you if it will work properly with iphone. Westone used to have their own until they realised that it had issues with iphones in particular. Try your luck
post #3 of 1611/4/12 at 1:54ampost #4 of 1611/4/12 at 1:58am
only works if you got the Westone 4R though.
As far as i understand using third party mics may cause issues with apple products (I don't own an iphone so correct me if i'm wrong). Either way you're taking a gamblepost #5 of 1611/4/12 at 1:00ampost #6 of 1611/4/12 at 1:01amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by 5370H55V
You mean something like this?
Thanks, didn't realise these existed, this gives me hope.
I might look for a different model though because some of the feedback on amazon is pretty poor.post #7 of 1611/4/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
I emailed Westone last week looking for exactly the same thing, they have no ETA on itpost #8 of 1611/4/12 at 1:05amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I own a iPhone 4 as well and according to the site:
Not recommended for iPhone 4 or 4s. Some users report an echo effect while using this product with the iPhone 4 and 4s.
:(post #9 of 1611/4/12 at 1:07amQuote:
My friend uses this with his ES3X and an iPhone 4, and he doesn't get this at all. Which is weird.post #10 of 1611/4/12 at 1:08amThread StarterQuote:
What do you mean by 'no ETA'? That there isn't an ETA for when a iPod remote will become available?post #11 of 1611/4/12 at 1:08amQuote:
Yup which is why i said you could take a chance on the JH Audio which is expensive for a stock cable (plus shipping) or the one you found on amazonpost #12 of 1611/4/12 at 1:09amQuote:
I think he means that there's no ETA for when they come back in stock.post #13 of 1611/4/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Yep, that's right, they would not tell me when or if this cable would enter the market again, TwinQY's friend must have been the lucky one to have bought the cable before they pulled it out of the market. I specified that I use an android phone but they would not sell me one at allpost #14 of 1611/4/12 at 1:17am
Actually, if you're hard-pressed to find a mic/remote for these, you could try and ask Brian from BTG-Audio to see if he can mod the regular W4s with a JH/UE socket, and then use a mic/remote cable for those (like the one kookoo posted before). Price would run roughly the same as the W4Rs after mods.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 second ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 39 seconds ago
- › Help! I think something is wrong with the way i perceive sound. 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso D-zero and M2tech Hiface 2 minutes ago
- › "Professional analog to digital converters for under or around 100USD? 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob