Is it possible to buy ipod remote for westone 4 or 4r earphones?
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- WANTED: Westone UM3X rc or Weston 4r Last post on 11/11/13 at 10:52am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- WANTED: Westone UM3X RC or Westone 4r Last post on 11/12/13 at 6:53am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Westone 4R Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:43pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- IEM question in relation to flax vs flax vinyl rips Last post on 11/10/13 at 10:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brand new Westone 4R Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:40am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?post #1 of 1611/4/12 at 1:31amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 1611/4/12 at 1:54am
JH Audio has a cable like that for smartphones in general but since I don't have one, I can't tell you if it will work properly with iphone. Westone used to have their own until they realised that it had issues with iphones in particular. Try your luck
post #3 of 1611/4/12 at 1:54ampost #4 of 1611/4/12 at 1:58am
only works if you got the Westone 4R though.
As far as i understand using third party mics may cause issues with apple products (I don't own an iphone so correct me if i'm wrong). Either way you're taking a gamblepost #5 of 1611/4/12 at 1:00ampost #6 of 1611/4/12 at 1:01amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by 5370H55V
You mean something like this?
Thanks, didn't realise these existed, this gives me hope.
I might look for a different model though because some of the feedback on amazon is pretty poor.post #7 of 1611/4/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
I emailed Westone last week looking for exactly the same thing, they have no ETA on itpost #8 of 1611/4/12 at 1:05amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I own a iPhone 4 as well and according to the site:
Not recommended for iPhone 4 or 4s. Some users report an echo effect while using this product with the iPhone 4 and 4s.
:(post #9 of 1611/4/12 at 1:07amQuote:
My friend uses this with his ES3X and an iPhone 4, and he doesn't get this at all. Which is weird.post #10 of 1611/4/12 at 1:08amThread StarterQuote:
What do you mean by 'no ETA'? That there isn't an ETA for when a iPod remote will become available?post #11 of 1611/4/12 at 1:08amQuote:
Yup which is why i said you could take a chance on the JH Audio which is expensive for a stock cable (plus shipping) or the one you found on amazonpost #12 of 1611/4/12 at 1:09amQuote:
I think he means that there's no ETA for when they come back in stock.post #13 of 1611/4/12 at 1:11amQuote:
Yep, that's right, they would not tell me when or if this cable would enter the market again, TwinQY's friend must have been the lucky one to have bought the cable before they pulled it out of the market. I specified that I use an android phone but they would not sell me one at allpost #14 of 1611/4/12 at 1:17am
Actually, if you're hard-pressed to find a mic/remote for these, you could try and ask Brian from BTG-Audio to see if he can mod the regular W4s with a JH/UE socket, and then use a mic/remote cable for those (like the one kookoo posted before). Price would run roughly the same as the W4Rs after mods.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO E09K Question 40 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 54 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 54 seconds ago
- › Help finding over-ear headphones with good positional audio mostly... 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › VA / MD / DC meet - Saturday, January 18, 2014 1 minute ago
- › Who has an end game setup? 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi