Is it possible to buy ipod remote for westone 4 or 4r earphones?
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ] Last post on 8/21/14 at 5:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost Westone 4r Right Driver! Last post on 7/19/14 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Accidentally Dipped Westone 4r in water. Last post on 6/19/14 at 4:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear / IEMS comparable to Westone 4R? Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
JH Audio has a cable like that for smartphones in general but since I don't have one, I can't tell you if it will work properly with iphone. Westone used to have their own until they realised that it had issues with iphones in particular. Try your luck
only works if you got the Westone 4R though.
As far as i understand using third party mics may cause issues with apple products (I don't own an iphone so correct me if i'm wrong). Either way you're taking a gamble
You mean something like this?
Thanks, didn't realise these existed, this gives me hope.
I might look for a different model though because some of the feedback on amazon is pretty poor.
I emailed Westone last week looking for exactly the same thing, they have no ETA on it
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I own a iPhone 4 as well and according to the site:
Not recommended for iPhone 4 or 4s. Some users report an echo effect while using this product with the iPhone 4 and 4s.
My friend uses this with his ES3X and an iPhone 4, and he doesn't get this at all. Which is weird.
What do you mean by 'no ETA'? That there isn't an ETA for when a iPod remote will become available?
Yup which is why i said you could take a chance on the JH Audio which is expensive for a stock cable (plus shipping) or the one you found on amazon
I think he means that there's no ETA for when they come back in stock.
Yep, that's right, they would not tell me when or if this cable would enter the market again, TwinQY's friend must have been the lucky one to have bought the cable before they pulled it out of the market. I specified that I use an android phone but they would not sell me one at all
Actually, if you're hard-pressed to find a mic/remote for these, you could try and ask Brian from BTG-Audio to see if he can mod the regular W4s with a JH/UE socket, and then use a mic/remote cable for those (like the one kookoo posted before). Price would run roughly the same as the W4Rs after mods.
- is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Philips TX1 / TX2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 4 minutes ago
- › What are good over ear headphones for electronic music and nice... 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Yulong DAH-1 Mk I Used 9 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 10 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)