Is it possible to buy ipod remote for westone 4 or 4r earphones?
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best all-rounder for ~$300 new or used? Last post on 12/31/14 at 8:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are some good quad-driver balanced armature universal fit in ear monitors? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ] Last post on 8/14/16 at 10:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply tips User with Westone W4R need advice on better like The Westone STAR silicon tips and... Last post on 7/12/14 at 6:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choose Westone W40 or W4R or UM PRO 30 or UM3XRC Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp free of...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
JH Audio has a cable like that for smartphones in general but since I don't have one, I can't tell you if it will work properly with iphone. Westone used to have their own until they realised that it had issues with iphones in particular. Try your luck
only works if you got the Westone 4R though.
As far as i understand using third party mics may cause issues with apple products (I don't own an iphone so correct me if i'm wrong). Either way you're taking a gamble
You mean something like this?
Thanks, didn't realise these existed, this gives me hope.
I might look for a different model though because some of the feedback on amazon is pretty poor.
I emailed Westone last week looking for exactly the same thing, they have no ETA on it
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately I own a iPhone 4 as well and according to the site:
Not recommended for iPhone 4 or 4s. Some users report an echo effect while using this product with the iPhone 4 and 4s.
My friend uses this with his ES3X and an iPhone 4, and he doesn't get this at all. Which is weird.
What do you mean by 'no ETA'? That there isn't an ETA for when a iPod remote will become available?
Yup which is why i said you could take a chance on the JH Audio which is expensive for a stock cable (plus shipping) or the one you found on amazon
I think he means that there's no ETA for when they come back in stock.
Yep, that's right, they would not tell me when or if this cable would enter the market again, TwinQY's friend must have been the lucky one to have bought the cable before they pulled it out of the market. I specified that I use an android phone but they would not sell me one at all
Actually, if you're hard-pressed to find a mic/remote for these, you could try and ask Brian from BTG-Audio to see if he can mod the regular W4s with a JH/UE socket, and then use a mic/remote cable for those (like the one kookoo posted before). Price would run roughly the same as the W4Rs after mods.
- is there ipod remote for westone 4 / 4r?
- › Mini case for IEMs 24 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 53 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...