Ok folks, I'm a college student with a budget, and after hours of online research, these are the best DACs I found. Now, I really need your help eliminating, and comparing and contrasting these, since I can't compare all four of them anywhere close to where I live. Also, I don't care about features, all I want to know is which one will produce the BEST sound. My current set up is a late 2011 Macbook Pro with its standard sound card, Channel D Pure Music iTunes plug-in, and a pair of Audioengine A2, which I will be connecting the DAC to, obviously. And yes, most of my music library is in Apple Lossless codec. HELP! Please and thank you.
- productArcam rPAC USB/Headphone DACtagged by System, 11/6/12
- productAudioengine A2 Premium Powered Desktop Speaker Pair (White)tagged by System, 11/6/12
- productAudioengine D1 Premium 24-Bit DACtagged by System, 11/6/12
- productAudioQuest DragonFly Asynchronous USB DACtagged by System, 11/6/12
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- warm dac/amp for fischer fa-011's Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:49pm in Computer Audio
- Using an all-in-one mini Stereo sytem instead of dac Last post on 10/26/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Choosing a DAC for iMac Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:40pm in Dedicated Source Components
- iMac Audio Setup decisions Last post on 3/9/14 at 8:10am in Computer Audio
- Best $300 (or less) USB DAC/AMP combo for music production? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:06pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
AudioQuest Dragonfly vs. Arcam rPac vs. Audioengine D1 vs. HRT Music Streamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've heard the Audioengine D1 directly into IEMs (Westone 4). Good but not great.
My son has the Dragonfly/Audioengine A2 combo in his dorm room, and except for the lack of low bass, it kills.
thanks dude, you, along with a few others, have just helped me in eliminating the D1 as an option from now on. Still, do you have any idea of how the Dragonfly compares to the relatively new rPAC and the Music Streamer II?
If you're in SoCal or the Seattle area, you can probably hear both the Dragonfly and the rPAC at Magnolia.
- AudioQuest Dragonfly vs. Arcam rPac vs. Audioengine D1 vs. HRT Music Streamer II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases X1 Blue & Black to the Market 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-10 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 4 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 4 minutes ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 13 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2