2012 MATRIX M-STAGE USB - CLASS A HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER + 24-BIT/96KHZ USB DAC
Will Ship To: Continental United States
After auditioning a few different pieces of gear over the past month I've decided to part with my absolutely minty-fresh and as-new Matrix M-Stage USB DAC/Class A headphone amplifier. I purchased the unit brand-new directly from Matrix Audio's eBay store less than a month ago. It probably has less than 40 hours on it and is cosmetically and functionally perfect.
The M-Stage is a well regarded solid state headphone amplifier here at Head-Fi. It has a slightly warm signature that pairs well with headphones such as the Beyer DT880 and AKG K/Q701. This USB model adds a 24-bit/96kHz USB DAC module, making it an excellent entry-level amp/DAC combo. You can easily switch between the internal DAC and the rear panel analog RCA inputs with a switch on the front panel. Selectable gain via dip switches on the bottom panel allows you to optimally match the impedence of practically any headphone.
This is the 2012 model that sells for $298 new. It includes everything that came with it from Matrix Audio: original box and manual, power cord, USB cable.
My price includes ground shipping to any address in the continental United States. Paypal as a gift or add 3% to cover the fee. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks!
Here are the specs:
* New 2012 version with upgraded newly designed casing and USB input module
* USB input module is based on TAS1020B and PCM1793 which provides 24 bit / 96 KHz high quality DA conversion
* Powerful output that can drive high impedance headphones (up to 600 Ω)
* High quality components including ALPS VR, Nichicon caps, OPA2134 Op-Amps, etc
* Internal USB DAC + 1 analog RCA line input - selectable on the front panel
* Can be used as a pre-amp with the line output on the back panel
* Gain selectors can set 0, 10, 18 and 20 dB gains
* Solid build with aluminum faceplate and steel case
* Fully dynamic and well balanced sound on a dead quiet background
* Output Power: 200 mW / 300 Ω, 400 mW / 60 Ω
* Input Impedance: 47 kΩ
* Output Impedance: Line out 60 Ω, headphone out 5 Ω
* Frequency Response: 10 Hz (-0.3dB) - 35 KHz (-1 dB)
* Signal / Noise Ratio: >95 dB @ 0 dB
* Distortion: <0.001 % (6 mW / 300 Ω)
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/9/12 at 10:34am