I am using foobar and when I have I am using ASIO whenever I go to play a new song there is a bit off a stutter for the first 1-2 seconds of the song and the beginning audio is cut off. It only happens when in asio, what is the problem?
Related Forum Threads
- Possible to use windows drivers with Musiland Monitor? Last post on 6/30/10 at 12:18pm in Computer Audio
- List of entry level TUBE amps + mod for less than $300 Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Musiland Monitor 02 DAC / Amp Last post on 6/30/13 at 3:11pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
Me and my non-head-fi friend spent an evening listening to the HD800. We've both spent a lot of time with the HD650, but I had the SR-007 and HD800 available that we took turns listening...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is no sonic advantage to using ASIO over Direct Sound or WASAPI, only use those modes if you are experiencing stuttering audio with DS, which is caused by DS not running in exclusive mode.
I like ASIO though because it switches between 16/44.1 to 24/96 depending on the file im playing.
I tried the WASAPI and it doesn't do that. Also is it suppose to be set to event or push?
WASAPI certainly does do this. I just tried playing a 24/96 file with WASAPI through my FiiO and the sampling rate changed before my eyes on the DAC's screen.
As for event vs push - just try both and see with one works better. Push mode tends to be more compatible with USB DACs.
Some ASIO drivers can be buggy what sound card do you use?What ASIO compont do you have in foobar 2000 the news one is 2. 1. 2 foo_out_asio In my set up I can use ASIO ,WASAPI (event) or KS with Musiland Monitor 02 US without any problems.
- ASIO Stutter
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Koss KEB15i opinion? Alternatives? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for the Holidays Bundle Deal - Geek Pulse + Audeze &... 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › New to Miles Davis and Jazz 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › EarWerkz Supra by shotgunshane
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)