I am using foobar and when I have I am using ASIO whenever I go to play a new song there is a bit off a stutter for the first 1-2 seconds of the song and the beginning audio is cut off. It only happens when in asio, what is the problem?
Related Forum Threads
- Possible to use windows drivers with Musiland Monitor? Last post on 6/30/10 at 12:18pm in Computer Audio
- List of entry level TUBE amps + mod for less than $300 Last post on 11/26/13 at 6:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- FS: Musiland Monitor 02 DAC / Amp Last post on 6/30/13 at 3:11pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There is no sonic advantage to using ASIO over Direct Sound or WASAPI, only use those modes if you are experiencing stuttering audio with DS, which is caused by DS not running in exclusive mode.
I like ASIO though because it switches between 16/44.1 to 24/96 depending on the file im playing.
I tried the WASAPI and it doesn't do that. Also is it suppose to be set to event or push?
WASAPI certainly does do this. I just tried playing a 24/96 file with WASAPI through my FiiO and the sampling rate changed before my eyes on the DAC's screen.
As for event vs push - just try both and see with one works better. Push mode tends to be more compatible with USB DACs.
Some ASIO drivers can be buggy what sound card do you use?What ASIO compont do you have in foobar 2000 the news one is 2. 1. 2 foo_out_asio In my set up I can use ASIO ,WASAPI (event) or KS with Musiland Monitor 02 US without any problems.
- ASIO Stutter
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 41 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2