Use external USB soundcard like EMU 0404 USB to solve the issue.
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer? - Page 4
Since the problem is a ground loop, and not EMI, USB will only fix it with an isolator, and optical S/PDIF is definitely preferred over coaxial. As already mentioned, there must be at most one ground connection between the PC and the amplifier, either through the AC power cords (and using optical S/PDIF or USB with galvanic isolation, or an audio transformer), or through the audio interconnects (with a non-grounded amplifier, or other means of breaking the AC ground connection), but not both.
I've run into this problem quite a bit. First on my home PC when I went to hook up my PC to my home stereo. Horrible noise from EMI, impedance mismatch, and ground loops. I saw this item http://www.dak.com/Reviews/2045Story.cfm and was skeptical. Upon getting it (was like $15 back then I think), and upon receiving it I thought it looked like absolute trash and thought this piece of junk could not work. I was SOOOO wrong. All that noise, GONE, instantly. Worked like a dream. Have been running on one of these for like 5 years now. At my church we have a number of PC's hooked up to a rather nice sound system. The house audio amplifiers put out something like 12,500 watts total output, and the system sounds quite good. The same basic problem occurred, horrible sounding audio, and constant hum/buzz/pops. Just miserable sounding. I mentioned these things, we ordered them, now for like double the price, and voila. Totally worth the $30. Our one PC used for sermon audio recording actually has a nice stand alone sound card in it. It did not matter (though I guess that was for audio input). Anyway if you are not looking for idealistic audiophile solution to make your sound perfect, I betcha the above device would work. Now with my stereo system on at about 50% volume and hooked up to my PC's motherboard audio output, there is no detectable "noise" difference than when I have the Stereo in CD mode and the volume at the level with the CD stopped. So all the noise that is noticeable now is inherent to my stereo.
Edited by cdq109 - 11/27/12 at 12:08am
Yea, ground loop isolators, I have a few of those but have only needed them when using analog connections from PC to stereo. You can buy them at Radioshack im the USA and The Source in Canada. I have one for my car too that is made by Belkin that I found at Walmart.
- How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 17 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Good portable amplifier for Audio Technica ATH-M50? 4 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)