Use external USB soundcard like EMU 0404 USB to solve the issue.
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Since the problem is a ground loop, and not EMI, USB will only fix it with an isolator, and optical S/PDIF is definitely preferred over coaxial. As already mentioned, there must be at most one ground connection between the PC and the amplifier, either through the AC power cords (and using optical S/PDIF or USB with galvanic isolation, or an audio transformer), or through the audio interconnects (with a non-grounded amplifier, or other means of breaking the AC ground connection), but not both.
I've run into this problem quite a bit. First on my home PC when I went to hook up my PC to my home stereo. Horrible noise from EMI, impedance mismatch, and ground loops. I saw this item http://www.dak.com/Reviews/2045Story.cfm and was skeptical. Upon getting it (was like $15 back then I think), and upon receiving it I thought it looked like absolute trash and thought this piece of junk could not work. I was SOOOO wrong. All that noise, GONE, instantly. Worked like a dream. Have been running on one of these for like 5 years now. At my church we have a number of PC's hooked up to a rather nice sound system. The house audio amplifiers put out something like 12,500 watts total output, and the system sounds quite good. The same basic problem occurred, horrible sounding audio, and constant hum/buzz/pops. Just miserable sounding. I mentioned these things, we ordered them, now for like double the price, and voila. Totally worth the $30. Our one PC used for sermon audio recording actually has a nice stand alone sound card in it. It did not matter (though I guess that was for audio input). Anyway if you are not looking for idealistic audiophile solution to make your sound perfect, I betcha the above device would work. Now with my stereo system on at about 50% volume and hooked up to my PC's motherboard audio output, there is no detectable "noise" difference than when I have the Stereo in CD mode and the volume at the level with the CD stopped. So all the noise that is noticeable now is inherent to my stereo.
Edited by cdq109 - 11/27/12 at 12:08am
Yea, ground loop isolators, I have a few of those but have only needed them when using analog connections from PC to stereo. You can buy them at Radioshack im the USA and The Source in Canada. I have one for my car too that is made by Belkin that I found at Walmart.
- How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 23 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › San Jose, CA - Super Mini Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › Epic Woo WA5 / Eddie Current 4-45 Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chrome bug on private messages 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)