Use external USB soundcard like EMU 0404 USB to solve the issue.
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Since the problem is a ground loop, and not EMI, USB will only fix it with an isolator, and optical S/PDIF is definitely preferred over coaxial. As already mentioned, there must be at most one ground connection between the PC and the amplifier, either through the AC power cords (and using optical S/PDIF or USB with galvanic isolation, or an audio transformer), or through the audio interconnects (with a non-grounded amplifier, or other means of breaking the AC ground connection), but not both.
I've run into this problem quite a bit. First on my home PC when I went to hook up my PC to my home stereo. Horrible noise from EMI, impedance mismatch, and ground loops. I saw this item http://www.dak.com/Reviews/2045Story.cfm and was skeptical. Upon getting it (was like $15 back then I think), and upon receiving it I thought it looked like absolute trash and thought this piece of junk could not work. I was SOOOO wrong. All that noise, GONE, instantly. Worked like a dream. Have been running on one of these for like 5 years now. At my church we have a number of PC's hooked up to a rather nice sound system. The house audio amplifiers put out something like 12,500 watts total output, and the system sounds quite good. The same basic problem occurred, horrible sounding audio, and constant hum/buzz/pops. Just miserable sounding. I mentioned these things, we ordered them, now for like double the price, and voila. Totally worth the $30. Our one PC used for sermon audio recording actually has a nice stand alone sound card in it. It did not matter (though I guess that was for audio input). Anyway if you are not looking for idealistic audiophile solution to make your sound perfect, I betcha the above device would work. Now with my stereo system on at about 50% volume and hooked up to my PC's motherboard audio output, there is no detectable "noise" difference than when I have the Stereo in CD mode and the volume at the level with the CD stopped. So all the noise that is noticeable now is inherent to my stereo.
Edited by cdq109 - 11/27/12 at 12:08am
Yea, ground loop isolators, I have a few of those but have only needed them when using analog connections from PC to stereo. You can buy them at Radioshack im the USA and The Source in Canada. I have one for my car too that is made by Belkin that I found at Walmart.
- How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Analytical headphones 45 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › Benchmark DAC2 Headphone Amp/DAC 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Selling Ipod LOD cables - Whiplash, ALO audio 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2