Use external USB soundcard like EMU 0404 USB to solve the issue.
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Since the problem is a ground loop, and not EMI, USB will only fix it with an isolator, and optical S/PDIF is definitely preferred over coaxial. As already mentioned, there must be at most one ground connection between the PC and the amplifier, either through the AC power cords (and using optical S/PDIF or USB with galvanic isolation, or an audio transformer), or through the audio interconnects (with a non-grounded amplifier, or other means of breaking the AC ground connection), but not both.
I've run into this problem quite a bit. First on my home PC when I went to hook up my PC to my home stereo. Horrible noise from EMI, impedance mismatch, and ground loops. I saw this item http://www.dak.com/Reviews/2045Story.cfm and was skeptical. Upon getting it (was like $15 back then I think), and upon receiving it I thought it looked like absolute trash and thought this piece of junk could not work. I was SOOOO wrong. All that noise, GONE, instantly. Worked like a dream. Have been running on one of these for like 5 years now. At my church we have a number of PC's hooked up to a rather nice sound system. The house audio amplifiers put out something like 12,500 watts total output, and the system sounds quite good. The same basic problem occurred, horrible sounding audio, and constant hum/buzz/pops. Just miserable sounding. I mentioned these things, we ordered them, now for like double the price, and voila. Totally worth the $30. Our one PC used for sermon audio recording actually has a nice stand alone sound card in it. It did not matter (though I guess that was for audio input). Anyway if you are not looking for idealistic audiophile solution to make your sound perfect, I betcha the above device would work. Now with my stereo system on at about 50% volume and hooked up to my PC's motherboard audio output, there is no detectable "noise" difference than when I have the Stereo in CD mode and the volume at the level with the CD stopped. So all the noise that is noticeable now is inherent to my stereo.
Edited by cdq109 - 11/27/12 at 12:08am
Yea, ground loop isolators, I have a few of those but have only needed them when using analog connections from PC to stereo. You can buy them at Radioshack im the USA and The Source in Canada. I have one for my car too that is made by Belkin that I found at Walmart.
- How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 45 seconds ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 59 seconds ago
- › The Opamp thread 1 minute ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 4 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 26 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 4 minutes ago
- › LM4562 / LME49720 / LME49860 - Do they sound different to you? 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2