Use external USB soundcard like EMU 0404 USB to solve the issue.
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Since the problem is a ground loop, and not EMI, USB will only fix it with an isolator, and optical S/PDIF is definitely preferred over coaxial. As already mentioned, there must be at most one ground connection between the PC and the amplifier, either through the AC power cords (and using optical S/PDIF or USB with galvanic isolation, or an audio transformer), or through the audio interconnects (with a non-grounded amplifier, or other means of breaking the AC ground connection), but not both.
I've run into this problem quite a bit. First on my home PC when I went to hook up my PC to my home stereo. Horrible noise from EMI, impedance mismatch, and ground loops. I saw this item http://www.dak.com/Reviews/2045Story.cfm and was skeptical. Upon getting it (was like $15 back then I think), and upon receiving it I thought it looked like absolute trash and thought this piece of junk could not work. I was SOOOO wrong. All that noise, GONE, instantly. Worked like a dream. Have been running on one of these for like 5 years now. At my church we have a number of PC's hooked up to a rather nice sound system. The house audio amplifiers put out something like 12,500 watts total output, and the system sounds quite good. The same basic problem occurred, horrible sounding audio, and constant hum/buzz/pops. Just miserable sounding. I mentioned these things, we ordered them, now for like double the price, and voila. Totally worth the $30. Our one PC used for sermon audio recording actually has a nice stand alone sound card in it. It did not matter (though I guess that was for audio input). Anyway if you are not looking for idealistic audiophile solution to make your sound perfect, I betcha the above device would work. Now with my stereo system on at about 50% volume and hooked up to my PC's motherboard audio output, there is no detectable "noise" difference than when I have the Stereo in CD mode and the volume at the level with the CD stopped. So all the noise that is noticeable now is inherent to my stereo.
Edited by cdq109 - 11/27/12 at 12:08am
Yea, ground loop isolators, I have a few of those but have only needed them when using analog connections from PC to stereo. You can buy them at Radioshack im the USA and The Source in Canada. I have one for my car too that is made by Belkin that I found at Walmart.
- How to prevent amplifier from picking up interference from computer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 39 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP6 REFURBISHED VINTAGE ELECTROSTATICS 2 minutes ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for good headphones in my price range 6 minutes ago
- › Wanting to make diy cables for my Alpha Dogs 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2