I second the e10. The lowest I would personally go with the these.
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-400 + JERGPad Mod Last post on 12/4/13 at 1:30pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on Today at 1:40 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2013 Hi-Fi Christmas Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:31 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Value Hifiman HE-400 Cable Last post on 12/4/13 at 11:34am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- HiFiMAN HE-400 Impressions Last post on 11/30/13 at 2:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
My HE-400 just arrived. Do I need a DAC/Amp/both? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/2/12 at 6:57pm
+1. The E10 would probably be the absolute minimum to get over that fine line from "mediocre" to "decent".post #18 of 1811/3/12 at 4:03am
You should give it more time. From experience, I've found that getting a better headphone doesn't necessarily impress right away. However, it's when you've used them for a while and then go back to your old one that you really notice the difference. I think it's because you're so used to the sound of a particular headphone for so long that anything new, even if it's actually better, is jarring at first. Use the HE-400 for a couple weeks and then try the Sony's again and see if you still think they're only a little better. I wouldn't bet on it :D
Edited by GTRagnarok - 11/3/12 at 4:07am
- My HE-400 just arrived. Do I need a DAC/Amp/both?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 19 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 blown-out! Help. 21 seconds ago
- › Best $300 (or less) USB DAC/AMP combo for music production? 24 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser PC360/PC363D, other headsets, and sound cards 39 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › HEADPHONES!JVC, DENON, SHURE Over and In Ear for Sale or Trade 3 minutes ago
- › Need suggestion from Gamers... 3 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude