Im looking for an entry level DAC(both in terms of quality and price).
- productBehringer UCA222 U-Control Ultra-Low Latency 2 In/2 Out USB Audio Interface with Digital Output And Massive Software Bundletagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/6/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Why a separate dac Last post on 3/30/13 at 10:34pm in Computer Audio
- Will I see an improvement in SQ by upgrading to a USB DAC for my laptop's audio? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:23am in Computer Audio
- Questions about DAC for DT990 Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Serious popping, clicking with USB DAC Last post on 12/2/16 at 2:25pm in Computer Audio
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
FiiO X1 - 2 Gen. Review Disclaimer: The product I am reviewing was provided to me from FiiO in exchange for an honest review on it. Please note that being a review unit certain aspects of the...
Entry Level DACpost #1 of 811/2/12 at 12:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 811/2/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
The Behringer UCA-222 is quite inexpensive and is also good performer. It has optical and USB inputs, and RCA pre-amp outputs. It also has a fair headphone amplifier, but its 50-Ohm output impedance makes it less than ideal for most headphones.post #3 of 811/2/12 at 1:39pmThread Starterpost #4 of 811/2/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
Behringer also sells a UCA-202. I think the only thing the 222 adds is
- It comes with free (or freely distributable) software for recording, mixing, etc.; and
- It has a red case.
I paid maybe $5 extra for the 222 because I liked the red case. I'm also just a listener and use it for music and movies.post #5 of 811/2/12 at 2:53pmThread Starterpost #6 of 811/2/12 at 3:20pm
At the time I bought them, I hadn't heard any DAC outside the embedded ones in my PC's, BD player, etc. They received a good (not perfect) review by the engineer who designed the ODAC. I didn't see anything comparable at a similar price.
Is there something better for similar money? I don't really know. However, I am more than satisfied with the UCA-222.
I wanted and still would like to have an ODAC. Maybe next month.post #7 of 811/3/12 at 1:17pmThread Starter
- Entry Level DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Lets Talk Metal 22 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 22 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson - Electrostatz, 2 way hybrid, Headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › DAP for under 300 dollars. 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear