Im looking for an entry level DAC(both in terms of quality and price).
- productBehringer UCA222 U-Control Ultra-Low Latency 2 In/2 Out USB Audio Interface with Digital Output And Massive Software Bundletagged by System, 11/6/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 11/6/12
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Why a separate dac Last post on 3/30/13 at 10:34pm in Computer Audio
- Will I see an improvement in SQ by upgrading to a USB DAC for my laptop's audio? Last post on 3/29/13 at 2:23am in Computer Audio
- Questions about DAC for DT990 Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Serious popping, clicking with USB DAC Last post on 12/2/16 at 2:25pm in Computer Audio
- Whats a good amp/ usb DAC for DT990 pro 60ohms? Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:35pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
Entry Level DACpost #1 of 811/2/12 at 12:49pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 811/2/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
The Behringer UCA-222 is quite inexpensive and is also good performer. It has optical and USB inputs, and RCA pre-amp outputs. It also has a fair headphone amplifier, but its 50-Ohm output impedance makes it less than ideal for most headphones.post #3 of 811/2/12 at 1:39pmThread Starterpost #4 of 811/2/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
Behringer also sells a UCA-202. I think the only thing the 222 adds is
- It comes with free (or freely distributable) software for recording, mixing, etc.; and
- It has a red case.
I paid maybe $5 extra for the 222 because I liked the red case. I'm also just a listener and use it for music and movies.post #5 of 811/2/12 at 2:53pmThread Starterpost #6 of 811/2/12 at 3:20pm
At the time I bought them, I hadn't heard any DAC outside the embedded ones in my PC's, BD player, etc. They received a good (not perfect) review by the engineer who designed the ODAC. I didn't see anything comparable at a similar price.
Is there something better for similar money? I don't really know. However, I am more than satisfied with the UCA-222.
I wanted and still would like to have an ODAC. Maybe next month.post #7 of 811/3/12 at 1:17pmThread Starter
- Entry Level DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 15 seconds ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 31 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 37 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear