Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison / Review: A tale of two flagships – T1 vs HD800 Last post on Yesterday at 12:35 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Personal Review on the Sennheiser ie80 Last post on 11/15/14 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD800 plus top-notch head amp OR Stax SR-007mk2 & Stax Energiser? Last post on 11/12/14 at 9:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Wine Pairings Last post on 11/8/14 at 9:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I wash my Sennheiser HD800 earpads? Last post on 11/9/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- BRAINWAVZ S0: Hitting the sweet spot This time round, BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone and it seems to be a subordinate of the S5. It seems like the folks over...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, after spending SoCal 2012 Friday night with purrin's DIYT2, n3rdling's BH, a LL, and the Orpheus system...I thought the modded HE Jades with the Electra on Saturday was the set-up I would want to live with AND could afford out of those systems.
Right blend of resolution/clarity/weight/euphony for my taste.
Never heard the HE Audio Jade, but ever since I got that first Stax SR-Lambda, I'm hopelessly hooked on electrostatics. The comfort, the sound presentation...I just can't get enough of it.
The thing is, the market needs variety. Right now, it looks like it's 80% Stax, 15% Koss (ESP/950 and vintage sets like ESP/6, ESP/9, ESP/10), 4% Sennheiser (Unipolar, Orpheus), and the remaining 1% being the occasional off-brand vintage 'stat set that isn't a Stax OEM, like those Toshiba back-electrets.
More electrostatic amps that aren't hideously expensive would also be appreciated.
- Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 19 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 23 seconds ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › [SG] You're Invited to experience the Sound Blaster X7. Win... 1 minute ago
- › Pendulumic S1 Stance Wireless Bluetooth Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 2 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Is the Audio Technica M50x overhyped? 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › Beats Mixr On-Ear Headphones by Flagretro
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)