Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- Comparison / Review: A tale of two flagships – T1 vs HD800 Last post on Yesterday at 3:54 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Personal Review on the Sennheiser ie80 Last post on 11/15/14 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD800 plus top-notch head amp OR Stax SR-007mk2 & Stax Energiser? Last post on 11/12/14 at 9:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Wine Pairings Last post on 11/8/14 at 9:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I wash my Sennheiser HD800 earpads? Last post on 11/9/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, after spending SoCal 2012 Friday night with purrin's DIYT2, n3rdling's BH, a LL, and the Orpheus system...I thought the modded HE Jades with the Electra on Saturday was the set-up I would want to live with AND could afford out of those systems.
Right blend of resolution/clarity/weight/euphony for my taste.
Never heard the HE Audio Jade, but ever since I got that first Stax SR-Lambda, I'm hopelessly hooked on electrostatics. The comfort, the sound presentation...I just can't get enough of it.
The thing is, the market needs variety. Right now, it looks like it's 80% Stax, 15% Koss (ESP/950 and vintage sets like ESP/6, ESP/9, ESP/10), 4% Sennheiser (Unipolar, Orpheus), and the remaining 1% being the occasional off-brand vintage 'stat set that isn't a Stax OEM, like those Toshiba back-electrets.
More electrostatic amps that aren't hideously expensive would also be appreciated.
- Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 14 seconds ago
- › [WANTED] AKG K712 PRO Compatible Cable 41 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 5 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)