Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- Why do top end headphones go beyond 20 khz if there is no sound there? Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 amping (800 € budget) Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered a 'audiofile headphone... Last post on Yesterday at 10:07 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, after spending SoCal 2012 Friday night with purrin's DIYT2, n3rdling's BH, a LL, and the Orpheus system...I thought the modded HE Jades with the Electra on Saturday was the set-up I would want to live with AND could afford out of those systems.
Right blend of resolution/clarity/weight/euphony for my taste.
Never heard the HE Audio Jade, but ever since I got that first Stax SR-Lambda, I'm hopelessly hooked on electrostatics. The comfort, the sound presentation...I just can't get enough of it.
The thing is, the market needs variety. Right now, it looks like it's 80% Stax, 15% Koss (ESP/950 and vintage sets like ESP/6, ESP/9, ESP/10), 4% Sennheiser (Unipolar, Orpheus), and the remaining 1% being the occasional off-brand vintage 'stat set that isn't a Stax OEM, like those Toshiba back-electrets.
More electrostatic amps that aren't hideously expensive would also be appreciated.
- Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 47 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 2 minutes ago
- › Help pls........ 3 minutes ago
- › FLAC Player for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 6 minutes ago
- › Headphonews for $100 + sound card? - listening Linkin Park,... 6 minutes ago
- › Best Mac Audio Player? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)