Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/14
Related Forum Threads
- Have I killed my HD800s? Last post on 11/22/14 at 4:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 for gaming overkill? Last post on 11/21/14 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparison / Review: A tale of two flagships – T1 vs HD800 Last post on 11/23/14 at 3:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Personal Review on the Sennheiser ie80 Last post on 11/15/14 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HD800 plus top-notch head amp OR Stax SR-007mk2 & Stax Energiser? Last post on 11/12/14 at 9:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, after spending SoCal 2012 Friday night with purrin's DIYT2, n3rdling's BH, a LL, and the Orpheus system...I thought the modded HE Jades with the Electra on Saturday was the set-up I would want to live with AND could afford out of those systems.
Right blend of resolution/clarity/weight/euphony for my taste.
Never heard the HE Audio Jade, but ever since I got that first Stax SR-Lambda, I'm hopelessly hooked on electrostatics. The comfort, the sound presentation...I just can't get enough of it.
The thing is, the market needs variety. Right now, it looks like it's 80% Stax, 15% Koss (ESP/950 and vintage sets like ESP/6, ESP/9, ESP/10), 4% Sennheiser (Unipolar, Orpheus), and the remaining 1% being the occasional off-brand vintage 'stat set that isn't a Stax OEM, like those Toshiba back-electrets.
More electrostatic amps that aren't hideously expensive would also be appreciated.
- Petition: Bring Back the HE Audio Jades
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 6 seconds ago
- › Euphonic headphones under $200 39 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3