- 59 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Quite interesting thinkspace.
Does the player revert system changes when closing?
Can you explain the differences between the free and the paid versions?
However, I find it rather odd that having more supported formats lowers the overall sound quality.
Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.
can you explain your reasoning behind this?
i'm a skeptic.
Like others have pointed out, you should use a different hosting service, there are many free ones available that don't require registration. 4shared is really not a desirable service.
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 8:45pm
Oh, ok. Well, I'll take a look around and see what might be of use to you.
EDIT: Does Dropbox go through?
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 9:16pm
Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?
1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.
2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.
It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.
I understand where you are coming from and your desire for the best possible sound, I just think as it is the pool of potential users is going to be minute due to the issues I have raised, no FLAC, 8gb of memory, and I think you've lost 95% of potential users.
Purely on sonic grounds, I found it clearly superior to Foobar.
There are some good points here. Supported format limitations can be circumvented through inconvenience, but the memory requirements exclude all netbooks (actual netbooks, not mobile computers with similar form factors), for instance.
I do find it interesting that an AVX-supported version is available, though. About the regular version, what are the minimum CPU requirements, as well as instruction sets? SSE2?
- Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Destiny 3 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.1 powered speaker setup for my computer, to be used... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones or 2.1 Speakers? ($500 budget) 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 6 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)