- 59 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Quite interesting thinkspace.
Does the player revert system changes when closing?
Can you explain the differences between the free and the paid versions?
However, I find it rather odd that having more supported formats lowers the overall sound quality.
Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.
can you explain your reasoning behind this?
i'm a skeptic.
Like others have pointed out, you should use a different hosting service, there are many free ones available that don't require registration. 4shared is really not a desirable service.
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 8:45pm
Oh, ok. Well, I'll take a look around and see what might be of use to you.
EDIT: Does Dropbox go through?
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 9:16pm
Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?
1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.
2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.
It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.
I understand where you are coming from and your desire for the best possible sound, I just think as it is the pool of potential users is going to be minute due to the issues I have raised, no FLAC, 8gb of memory, and I think you've lost 95% of potential users.
Purely on sonic grounds, I found it clearly superior to Foobar.
There are some good points here. Supported format limitations can be circumvented through inconvenience, but the memory requirements exclude all netbooks (actual netbooks, not mobile computers with similar form factors), for instance.
I do find it interesting that an AVX-supported version is available, though. About the regular version, what are the minimum CPU requirements, as well as instruction sets? SSE2?
- Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 48 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz' new portable headphone amplifier: AP001 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Is this normal for the DT 990 pros? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 4 minutes ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Nocs' NS-800 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)