- 59 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Quite interesting thinkspace.
Does the player revert system changes when closing?
Can you explain the differences between the free and the paid versions?
However, I find it rather odd that having more supported formats lowers the overall sound quality.
Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.
can you explain your reasoning behind this?
i'm a skeptic.
Like others have pointed out, you should use a different hosting service, there are many free ones available that don't require registration. 4shared is really not a desirable service.
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 8:45pm
Oh, ok. Well, I'll take a look around and see what might be of use to you.
EDIT: Does Dropbox go through?
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 9:16pm
Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?
1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.
2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.
It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.
I understand where you are coming from and your desire for the best possible sound, I just think as it is the pool of potential users is going to be minute due to the issues I have raised, no FLAC, 8gb of memory, and I think you've lost 95% of potential users.
Purely on sonic grounds, I found it clearly superior to Foobar.
There are some good points here. Supported format limitations can be circumvented through inconvenience, but the memory requirements exclude all netbooks (actual netbooks, not mobile computers with similar form factors), for instance.
I do find it interesting that an AVX-supported version is available, though. About the regular version, what are the minimum CPU requirements, as well as instruction sets? SSE2?
- Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 26 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 50 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Electrostatics and having a lot of electricity around your head. 1 minute ago
- › Great song and video about Chinese food 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)