- 59 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Quite interesting thinkspace.
Does the player revert system changes when closing?
Can you explain the differences between the free and the paid versions?
However, I find it rather odd that having more supported formats lowers the overall sound quality.
Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.
can you explain your reasoning behind this?
i'm a skeptic.
Like others have pointed out, you should use a different hosting service, there are many free ones available that don't require registration. 4shared is really not a desirable service.
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 8:45pm
Oh, ok. Well, I'll take a look around and see what might be of use to you.
EDIT: Does Dropbox go through?
Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 9:16pm
Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?
1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.
2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.
It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.
I understand where you are coming from and your desire for the best possible sound, I just think as it is the pool of potential users is going to be minute due to the issues I have raised, no FLAC, 8gb of memory, and I think you've lost 95% of potential users.
Purely on sonic grounds, I found it clearly superior to Foobar.
There are some good points here. Supported format limitations can be circumvented through inconvenience, but the memory requirements exclude all netbooks (actual netbooks, not mobile computers with similar form factors), for instance.
I do find it interesting that an AVX-supported version is available, though. About the regular version, what are the minimum CPU requirements, as well as instruction sets? SSE2?
- Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Band Name Game II 47 seconds ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kaede Type II 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] HifiMan RE400 ‘Waterline’ – The New Reference 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Hendren Global Group Top Facts: What caused DPRK internet outage 8 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 12 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 13 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)