Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released - Page 2

post #16 of 239
Thread Starter 
If you don't mind my broken English, I introduce player features.

1. does JEP bitperfect playback?
Of course, the JEP to use more stringent bitperfect playback, this is the basis of JEP to get a good sound.JEP uses a lot of technology to improve playback quality (clock accuracy, process and thread control, and so on), but does not change the original data.

2. why JEP support only WAV?
Early version supports most of the formats, but I found more format support, sound worse, so now only supports WAV. I didn't want to build a sound mediocre players. JEP was born to the sound quality.

3. why JEP requires a lot of memory?
JEP is a full memory playback, therefore needs a huge amount of memory. In order to ensure quality, JEP using contiguous memory allocation technology, therefore the memory requirements more stringent, is not only the number, and how fast.

4. why JEP only play one?
Please use the administrator privileges to perform JEPCFG.BAT, restart your computer, you can play continuously.
post #17 of 239
Thread Starter 
Press Ctrl+Alt+K, open K-Lock, press close again.
K-Lock prevent other programs from accessing critical kernel, you can effectively enhance the sound quality, the system cannot be shut down, if you experienced a black screen or want to shutdown, press the Ctrl+Alt+K once unlocked.
post #18 of 239

Quite interesting thinkspace.

 

Does the player revert system changes when closing?

 

Can you explain the differences between the free and the paid versions?

 

However, I find it rather odd that having more supported formats lowers the overall sound quality.

post #19 of 239
Thread Starter 
Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.
post #20 of 239
Thread Starter 

reboot,everything's back.

post #21 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkspace View Post

Special Edition with better sound quality, without discrimination.
But not paid, SP is customized for each donor.
Supports more format sound quality worse, foobar too, which seems so strange.
If you delete foobar redundant components, foobar sound quality will be better.

can you explain your reasoning behind this?

i'm a skeptic.
post #22 of 239
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu View Post


can you explain your reasoning behind this?
i'm a skeptic.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/vmrALR8k/foobar2000_mini.html

I customize foobar, only basic functionality, use WASAPI output.
post #23 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkspace View Post

http://www.4shared.com/rar/vmrALR8k/foobar2000_mini.html

I customize foobar, only basic functionality, use WASAPI output.

 

Like others have pointed out, you should use a different hosting service, there are many free ones available that don't require registration. 4shared is really not a desirable service.


Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 8:45pm
post #24 of 239
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

 

Like others have pointed out, you should use a different hosting service, there are many free ones available that don't require registration. 4shared is really not a desirable service.

You know, I live in China, many sites can not access.
post #25 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkspace View Post

You know, I live in China, many sites can not access.

 

Oh, ok. Well, I'll take a look around and see what might be of use to you.

 

EDIT: Does Dropbox go through?


Edited by Roller - 12/8/12 at 9:16pm
post #26 of 239
Thread Starter 
Dropbox is ok, thank you.
I make Dropbox shares:
post #27 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkspace View Post

If you don't mind my broken English, I introduce player features.

1. does JEP bitperfect playback?
Of course, the JEP to use more stringent bitperfect playback, this is the basis of JEP to get a good sound.JEP uses a lot of technology to improve playback quality (clock accuracy, process and thread control, and so on), but does not change the original data.

2. why JEP support only WAV?
Early version supports most of the formats, but I found more format support, sound worse, so now only supports WAV. I didn't want to build a sound mediocre players. JEP was born to the sound quality.

3. why JEP requires a lot of memory?
JEP is a full memory playback, therefore needs a huge amount of memory. In order to ensure quality, JEP using contiguous memory allocation technology, therefore the memory requirements more stringent, is not only the number, and how fast.

4. why JEP only play one?
Please use the administrator privileges to perform JEPCFG.BAT, restart your computer, you can play continuously.

 

 

Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?

 

1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.

 

2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.

 

 It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.

post #28 of 239
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmouse View Post

 

 

Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?

 

1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.

 

2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.

 

 It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.

Improve sound is not easy, JEP 2.4 through 100+ test version before publish.
Support other formats easily, but does not reduce the sound is very difficult.
If not for the best sound, do not need a JEP,foobar are enough.
post #29 of 239

I understand where you are coming from and your desire for the best possible sound, I just think as it is the pool of potential users is going to be minute due to the issues I have raised, no FLAC, 8gb of memory, and I think you've lost 95% of potential users.

 

 Purely on sonic grounds, I found it clearly superior to Foobar.
 

post #30 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmouse View Post

 

Do you think you are limiting your players appeal to many end users?

 

1) Not many users have WAV files, most will have FLAC.

 

2) 8GB is quite a lot of memory.

 

 It has good potential, but I think you really are limiting it's appeal at the moment.

 

There are some good points here. Supported format limitations can be circumvented through inconvenience, but the memory requirements exclude all netbooks (actual netbooks, not mobile computers with similar form factors), for instance.

 

I do find it interesting that an AVX-supported version is available, though. About the regular version, what are the minimum CPU requirements, as well as instruction sets? SSE2?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Jie Extreme Player 2.7.2 released