Big caveat there is IF you can get ReClock to work, not much support for ReClock as the project was abandoned years ago. Without reclock you are stuck using the windows mixer or whatever it is called these days, which can sound a little strident to my ears. BTW any hints for getting ReClock to work?
I don't know about ReClock being "abandoned years ago;" my understanding is that the latest version dates from February of last year:
As for getting ReClock to run, I haven't had that much difficulty with it. All I've done is:
1) Install the latest version of Daum PotPlayer;
2) Download and run the .exe installer from the Slysoft forum link above;
3) Use the Reclock config program to set ReClock to WASAPI Exclusive and either Default Device or my specific audio device; there are some other settings under the config Audio settings tab you might need to play around with -- right now I've got PCM Output set to 44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16 bit int format and Best Sinc Interpolation quality, and everything seems to be working fine. When it is working, a little green clock face shows up on the Hidden Icons thingie at the bottom of my PC's screen; if the clockface is red, then ReClock isn't syncing up correctly and you have to play with the settings some more;
4) Set the Audio Renderer in PotPlayer to ReClock;
5) There's a ReClock mod from pkshan that arguably improves the audio quality, but is a little more fiddly to set up, but the straight ReClock is definitely worth doing.
Edited by Dradder - 1/10/13 at 8:25am