Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 1011
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

If you're going to change the cable, go for silver. Chris Himself's Silver Dragon cable has the best ratio price/performance. They're simply outstanding. $75 or so. Ask Chris.

Sounds good - I'm emailing him now. A silver cable would work with my white M50's as well as my AKG's, so two birds with one stone. I'm just hoping that the 1.2m length and single side only cable will lower the price a bit.

post #92 of 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by miow View Post

I hope so, because I'm not going to audition the M-100s. :P After the spectacular K167s all I want is to get the K267s and say goodbye to head-fi for quite some time.

 

 

Reports about M100 said positive things.

Im not familiar with V-moda afterall, for AKG im quite familiar.

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

i wonder how does this compete with something like the Momentum

 

Both have advantage over another. Tie...

post #93 of 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

If you could help me find the best cable for me, I'd be really grateful. 1.2m, one white cable and one black, highest quality possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

These look interesting but not portable. Does anyone know if their removable cable connector is proprietary or not. I would only be interested in these if I could get a portable size cable, preferably one with the iPhone controls and MIC.


Check on v modas website for their replacement cable . Kevlar lined and have versions with the controls and mic as well. Not ure on how many colors. Think grey and black at least.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 11/23/12 at 9:30am
post #94 of 1011
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Check on v modas website for their replacement cable . Kevlar lined and have versions with the controls and mic as well. Not ure on how many colors. Think grey and black at least.

I was an M-100 first edition owner. Their cables have horrible microphonics, and fray easily.

post #95 of 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I was an M-100 first edition owner. Their cables have horrible microphonics, and fray easily.

Thats a shame. Wlda been perfect. They have that video that makes them look indestructable!
post #96 of 1011
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


Thats a shame. Wlda been perfect. They have that video that makes them look indestructable!

Agreed, but they do fray, they're stiff, and they mess with the sound if they rub against your clothes. I do like their 45-degree connector, but it doesn't look like anyone else is planning on using that concept - which is a shame.

post #97 of 1011
^ thanks for the warning.
post #98 of 1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

I was an M-100 first edition owner. Their cables have horrible microphonics, and fray easily.

 

they are talking good things about the newly launched M100, supposed to be v2?
post #99 of 1011
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimoo View Post

 

they are talking good things about the newly launched M100, supposed to be v2?

Cables are the exact same, kevlar coated, microphonics, stuff, etc etc.. The M-100 now and the one from the first release are part of the same production run. One was just released earlier for V-MODA supporters.

post #100 of 1011

M-100 cables, wing plates and shallow pads kinda mess up what would otherwise probably be an unbeatable product.

 

Every person who I've shown the headphone to has been wowed by the sound, but they just have some build quality issues.

Depending on how the K267 sound, I may return my M-100.

post #101 of 1011
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

M-100 cables, wing plates and shallow pads kinda mess up what would otherwise probably be an unbeatable product.

 

Every person who I've shown the headphone to has been wowed by the sound, but they just have some build quality issues.

Depending on how the K267 sound, I may return my M-100.

I'll be sure to let you know how they compare for sure. I have a partial review written up on them, but never published it. I'll compare what I remember and what I wrote to what I hear once I receive my AKG K267's.

post #102 of 1011

hmm with the news I can use a standard cable and I happen to have one from my Vmoda M80, this headphone is looking a lot more tempting. I really liked the comfort of the MDR-1R but if these have more bass and similar mids and treble they could be a serious contender. Is there any where I can buy now or is it a case of these not being available yet?

post #103 of 1011
Thread Starter 
The K267 is only being shipped out to retailers on Decmber 14th.
post #104 of 1011

Hmph. That's going to cut very close to the end of my test-drive warranty methinks.

post #105 of 1011
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Hmph. That's going to cut very close to the end of my test-drive warranty methinks.

You'll have to make a choice then. I sold my M-100's already, so it's up to you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread