Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got Shure SRH-750 pads for the AKG K167. Massive, massive improvements. Literally night and day. Good gravy. I'll write about it further when I'm not going to fanboy it up.
I can't believe how badly the stock pads were bottlenecking these.
Is it possible for you to upload some pictures?
I may buy both the K167 and the earpads depending on you. No pressure
Some notes of the changes of the headphone with the new pads (which fit perfectly, surprisingly enough):
+ Bass is a bit more recessed (maybe three or four decibels). I would say that, minus a couple of small peaks in the highs, that these cans are now almost perfectly neutral. I did some frequency sweeps in Audition to test this.
++ Comfort is improved. The fuzzy lining of the inside of the Shure pads really helps with this. If the comfort of the pads before was 6/10, I would say they are at an 8.5 as of right now (brand new), and I've read they need breaking in to soften up.
+++ Detail is improved by a ludicrous amount. Ludicrous. Seriously. Holy cow. I would say that they are even more detailed than my Q701.
+ The headphone arguably looks more attractive with the new pads.
-- Unfortunately, the isolation has taken a moderate hit. I would say it isolates about 60-75% as well as it used to.
++ I think that the width of the soundstage has decreased, but I would say that the sound is much more 3D, and that instrument separation is far improved.
If you're debating on whether or not to get the pads; GET THE PADS. GET THE PADS. This gets thrown around a lot, but I'm not one for hyperbole; it is a blatant night and day difference.
I did not expect this to happen at all. I was just looking for a little bit better comfort, lol.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 1/29/13 at 1:20pm
I don't really think that this is fair at all, frankly.
- The K267 is a fail compared to the K167 because it's a hundred dollars more expensive and arguably inferior to the K167. Of course people aren't going to be happy with that. It's a shame that the K167, which I think outclasses my Q701 (it has a similar sound sig now) after modding with Shure pads, got overlooked because of its overpriced, overinflated big brother,
- You didn't exactly help with that impression in the first place, by saying it sounded like a child (an analogy that still makes little sense to me despite the fact you attempted to clarify it).
- Wasn't it only one person who had that problem, who then discovered it was a faulty unit in the first place?
- If that was true, they'd have the exact opposite sound signature. Also, Quincy Jones.
Don't let that put you off though, I'm a pretty special case and am extra sensitive to even the lightest of clamp. If anyone here has TMJ problems, then these phones are not the ones you want.
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Upgrading from Westone UM2... Suggestions? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 6 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › It's not the D, it's the A that will kill you... 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 8 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)