Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got Shure SRH-750 pads for the AKG K167. Massive, massive improvements. Literally night and day. Good gravy. I'll write about it further when I'm not going to fanboy it up.
I can't believe how badly the stock pads were bottlenecking these.
Is it possible for you to upload some pictures?
I may buy both the K167 and the earpads depending on you. No pressure
Some notes of the changes of the headphone with the new pads (which fit perfectly, surprisingly enough):
+ Bass is a bit more recessed (maybe three or four decibels). I would say that, minus a couple of small peaks in the highs, that these cans are now almost perfectly neutral. I did some frequency sweeps in Audition to test this.
++ Comfort is improved. The fuzzy lining of the inside of the Shure pads really helps with this. If the comfort of the pads before was 6/10, I would say they are at an 8.5 as of right now (brand new), and I've read they need breaking in to soften up.
+++ Detail is improved by a ludicrous amount. Ludicrous. Seriously. Holy cow. I would say that they are even more detailed than my Q701.
+ The headphone arguably looks more attractive with the new pads.
-- Unfortunately, the isolation has taken a moderate hit. I would say it isolates about 60-75% as well as it used to.
++ I think that the width of the soundstage has decreased, but I would say that the sound is much more 3D, and that instrument separation is far improved.
If you're debating on whether or not to get the pads; GET THE PADS. GET THE PADS. This gets thrown around a lot, but I'm not one for hyperbole; it is a blatant night and day difference.
I did not expect this to happen at all. I was just looking for a little bit better comfort, lol.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 1/29/13 at 1:20pm
Probably because we all sold them, no one has them anymore.
I don't really think that this is fair at all, frankly.
- The K267 is a fail compared to the K167 because it's a hundred dollars more expensive and arguably inferior to the K167. Of course people aren't going to be happy with that. It's a shame that the K167, which I think outclasses my Q701 (it has a similar sound sig now) after modding with Shure pads, got overlooked because of its overpriced, overinflated big brother,
- You didn't exactly help with that impression in the first place, by saying it sounded like a child (an analogy that still makes little sense to me despite the fact you attempted to clarify it).
- Wasn't it only one person who had that problem, who then discovered it was a faulty unit in the first place?
- If that was true, they'd have the exact opposite sound signature. Also, Quincy Jones.
Don't let that put you off though, I'm a pretty special case and am extra sensitive to even the lightest of clamp. If anyone here has TMJ problems, then these phones are not the ones you want.
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo just now
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 25 seconds ago
- › Hey HF, this has been asked, but wanting some opinions of owners. 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Speakers acting up, HELP PLEASE!! 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)