Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got Shure SRH-750 pads for the AKG K167. Massive, massive improvements. Literally night and day. Good gravy. I'll write about it further when I'm not going to fanboy it up.
I can't believe how badly the stock pads were bottlenecking these.
Is it possible for you to upload some pictures?
I may buy both the K167 and the earpads depending on you. No pressure
Some notes of the changes of the headphone with the new pads (which fit perfectly, surprisingly enough):
+ Bass is a bit more recessed (maybe three or four decibels). I would say that, minus a couple of small peaks in the highs, that these cans are now almost perfectly neutral. I did some frequency sweeps in Audition to test this.
++ Comfort is improved. The fuzzy lining of the inside of the Shure pads really helps with this. If the comfort of the pads before was 6/10, I would say they are at an 8.5 as of right now (brand new), and I've read they need breaking in to soften up.
+++ Detail is improved by a ludicrous amount. Ludicrous. Seriously. Holy cow. I would say that they are even more detailed than my Q701.
+ The headphone arguably looks more attractive with the new pads.
-- Unfortunately, the isolation has taken a moderate hit. I would say it isolates about 60-75% as well as it used to.
++ I think that the width of the soundstage has decreased, but I would say that the sound is much more 3D, and that instrument separation is far improved.
If you're debating on whether or not to get the pads; GET THE PADS. GET THE PADS. This gets thrown around a lot, but I'm not one for hyperbole; it is a blatant night and day difference.
I did not expect this to happen at all. I was just looking for a little bit better comfort, lol.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 1/29/13 at 1:20pm
I don't really think that this is fair at all, frankly.
- The K267 is a fail compared to the K167 because it's a hundred dollars more expensive and arguably inferior to the K167. Of course people aren't going to be happy with that. It's a shame that the K167, which I think outclasses my Q701 (it has a similar sound sig now) after modding with Shure pads, got overlooked because of its overpriced, overinflated big brother,
- You didn't exactly help with that impression in the first place, by saying it sounded like a child (an analogy that still makes little sense to me despite the fact you attempted to clarify it).
- Wasn't it only one person who had that problem, who then discovered it was a faulty unit in the first place?
- If that was true, they'd have the exact opposite sound signature. Also, Quincy Jones.
Don't let that put you off though, I'm a pretty special case and am extra sensitive to even the lightest of clamp. If anyone here has TMJ problems, then these phones are not the ones you want.
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand + Appreciation 6 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 11 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 22 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Good generic mods for headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › portable stereo 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2