Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got Shure SRH-750 pads for the AKG K167. Massive, massive improvements. Literally night and day. Good gravy. I'll write about it further when I'm not going to fanboy it up.
I can't believe how badly the stock pads were bottlenecking these.
Is it possible for you to upload some pictures?
I may buy both the K167 and the earpads depending on you. No pressure
Some notes of the changes of the headphone with the new pads (which fit perfectly, surprisingly enough):
+ Bass is a bit more recessed (maybe three or four decibels). I would say that, minus a couple of small peaks in the highs, that these cans are now almost perfectly neutral. I did some frequency sweeps in Audition to test this.
++ Comfort is improved. The fuzzy lining of the inside of the Shure pads really helps with this. If the comfort of the pads before was 6/10, I would say they are at an 8.5 as of right now (brand new), and I've read they need breaking in to soften up.
+++ Detail is improved by a ludicrous amount. Ludicrous. Seriously. Holy cow. I would say that they are even more detailed than my Q701.
+ The headphone arguably looks more attractive with the new pads.
-- Unfortunately, the isolation has taken a moderate hit. I would say it isolates about 60-75% as well as it used to.
++ I think that the width of the soundstage has decreased, but I would say that the sound is much more 3D, and that instrument separation is far improved.
If you're debating on whether or not to get the pads; GET THE PADS. GET THE PADS. This gets thrown around a lot, but I'm not one for hyperbole; it is a blatant night and day difference.
I did not expect this to happen at all. I was just looking for a little bit better comfort, lol.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 1/29/13 at 1:20pm
Probably because we all sold them, no one has them anymore.
I don't really think that this is fair at all, frankly.
- The K267 is a fail compared to the K167 because it's a hundred dollars more expensive and arguably inferior to the K167. Of course people aren't going to be happy with that. It's a shame that the K167, which I think outclasses my Q701 (it has a similar sound sig now) after modding with Shure pads, got overlooked because of its overpriced, overinflated big brother,
- You didn't exactly help with that impression in the first place, by saying it sounded like a child (an analogy that still makes little sense to me despite the fact you attempted to clarify it).
- Wasn't it only one person who had that problem, who then discovered it was a faulty unit in the first place?
- If that was true, they'd have the exact opposite sound signature. Also, Quincy Jones.
Don't let that put you off though, I'm a pretty special case and am extra sensitive to even the lightest of clamp. If anyone here has TMJ problems, then these phones are not the ones you want.
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 10 seconds ago
- › Westone UM3X Removable Cable IEM 42 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-07-30 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › 598 vs 518 - The $100 difference really worth? (open to suggestions) 5 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 5 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)