I suppose this will be my introduction to the forum. I have been very intrigued by these and will be watching closely. The one thing that I do want to point out to people that are concerned about these potentially being bass heavy is that we need to consider the fact that these are being designed with DJs in mind. Should there be more bass than most audiophiles expect out of a "good" set of headphones...well, it's most likely because that was the intention. So for those that will be reviewing these, I hope that all things are considered.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
got the 550 and very happy with it but waiting for a comparisson review cuzz as allready stated by several others, this headphone is bass shy. if the 267 has more (controlled) bass its gonne be a winner (also uberlove the looks) :)
To say that we already know exactly what each mode will provide is hasty at best. What one manufacturer claims to be flat varies from the next. We just have to wait until it is released. My main point is that these headphones are built with a specific application in mind and that we shouldn't let that go unacknowledged.
I sure hope so myself. I own V-Moda Crossfade LP2s and I have been happy with them but after a while of using them for DJing I have realized that, while the sound is great for DJing, I really want a set with rotating cups. With these coming to the market soon, I am waiting for a bit before I make a purchase. If they kill it and produce something truly special in that I can use them for a multitude of applications, what a gift these will be.
Whats wrong with the Beyer Custom Ones?
I own the Custom Ones and the bass knobs are no gimmick. They work very well. I do like the sound but I'm hoping and expecting the AKG's to be superior in sound.
cheaper than K267 LoL
Yes, cause the price is higher
yes its bass shy, good for bass-less songs
That means nothing. There are a lot of Beyer fans that would eat you alive for that, lol. But, I've always loved the AKG house sound better than Beyer so the added cost will be worth it. Plus the K267 looks way sexier, anyway...
The page with all of the good info is down, leaving only AKG's crappy press page. Why is this?
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 19 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 19 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 32 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 59 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2