I suppose this will be my introduction to the forum. I have been very intrigued by these and will be watching closely. The one thing that I do want to point out to people that are concerned about these potentially being bass heavy is that we need to consider the fact that these are being designed with DJs in mind. Should there be more bass than most audiophiles expect out of a "good" set of headphones...well, it's most likely because that was the intention. So for those that will be reviewing these, I hope that all things are considered.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
got the 550 and very happy with it but waiting for a comparisson review cuzz as allready stated by several others, this headphone is bass shy. if the 267 has more (controlled) bass its gonne be a winner (also uberlove the looks) :)
To say that we already know exactly what each mode will provide is hasty at best. What one manufacturer claims to be flat varies from the next. We just have to wait until it is released. My main point is that these headphones are built with a specific application in mind and that we shouldn't let that go unacknowledged.
I sure hope so myself. I own V-Moda Crossfade LP2s and I have been happy with them but after a while of using them for DJing I have realized that, while the sound is great for DJing, I really want a set with rotating cups. With these coming to the market soon, I am waiting for a bit before I make a purchase. If they kill it and produce something truly special in that I can use them for a multitude of applications, what a gift these will be.
Whats wrong with the Beyer Custom Ones?
I own the Custom Ones and the bass knobs are no gimmick. They work very well. I do like the sound but I'm hoping and expecting the AKG's to be superior in sound.
cheaper than K267 LoL
Yes, cause the price is higher
yes its bass shy, good for bass-less songs
That means nothing. There are a lot of Beyer fans that would eat you alive for that, lol. But, I've always loved the AKG house sound better than Beyer so the added cost will be worth it. Plus the K267 looks way sexier, anyway...
The page with all of the good info is down, leaving only AKG's crappy press page. Why is this?
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 Pro cable options 16 seconds ago
- › SHURE SE *Quick Sale!* Still under warranty. <PRISTINE> 44 seconds ago
- › What effect does damping factor have on distortion? 1 minute ago
- › The new portable amp Aune B1 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3