I suppose this will be my introduction to the forum. I have been very intrigued by these and will be watching closely. The one thing that I do want to point out to people that are concerned about these potentially being bass heavy is that we need to consider the fact that these are being designed with DJs in mind. Should there be more bass than most audiophiles expect out of a "good" set of headphones...well, it's most likely because that was the intention. So for those that will be reviewing these, I hope that all things are considered.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
got the 550 and very happy with it but waiting for a comparisson review cuzz as allready stated by several others, this headphone is bass shy. if the 267 has more (controlled) bass its gonne be a winner (also uberlove the looks) :)
To say that we already know exactly what each mode will provide is hasty at best. What one manufacturer claims to be flat varies from the next. We just have to wait until it is released. My main point is that these headphones are built with a specific application in mind and that we shouldn't let that go unacknowledged.
I sure hope so myself. I own V-Moda Crossfade LP2s and I have been happy with them but after a while of using them for DJing I have realized that, while the sound is great for DJing, I really want a set with rotating cups. With these coming to the market soon, I am waiting for a bit before I make a purchase. If they kill it and produce something truly special in that I can use them for a multitude of applications, what a gift these will be.
Whats wrong with the Beyer Custom Ones?
I own the Custom Ones and the bass knobs are no gimmick. They work very well. I do like the sound but I'm hoping and expecting the AKG's to be superior in sound.
cheaper than K267 LoL
Yes, cause the price is higher
yes its bass shy, good for bass-less songs
That means nothing. There are a lot of Beyer fans that would eat you alive for that, lol. But, I've always loved the AKG house sound better than Beyer so the added cost will be worth it. Plus the K267 looks way sexier, anyway...
The page with all of the good info is down, leaving only AKG's crappy press page. Why is this?
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 23 seconds ago
- › T1 Recommended tube amplifiers 32 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › JH 13 FreqPhase 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2