Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 64

post #946 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

I don't get how AKG possibly could let this plastic design slip through. It doesn't take a genious to see that this design will break very easily. The cups are large and big and above that we have this point with only thin plastic frame. Of course it will stress the hell out of that plastic when putting them on/off your head.

 

And these are "DJ headphones"? DJ headphones are meant to be durable, that's like priority #1 you find when listening to DJ headphone reviews. That design is so full of fail. Had it been all aluminium it had been fine.


^ -( $ ).( $ )-  nuff said. The market is too hot right now for these so call "DJ" cans and the prices are NICE!!! Profits that is. 

post #947 of 1007

This is so disappointing seeing as how the K550 is built like a tank. frown.gif

post #948 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilio View Post

I'm seeking refined highs and mids with a strong bass/sub-bass quantity. Maybe the K267 suits me.
 

 

Sounds more like a IE800 or a JH16 Pro.

post #949 of 1007

Wow so these cost £300 and have aluminium cups and headband but big PLASTIC hinges? Wow what a stupid design choice.

post #950 of 1007
Would you guys say these are the bassiest (from an EDM perspective) AKG cans out there?
post #951 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

Would you guys say these are the bassiest (from an EDM perspective) AKG cans out there?

I would take a shot at the K67 until someone else has another suggestion.

post #952 of 1007
I have the 181 right now, but I'm always down for more bass! Plus they are cheap on eBay right now. Have there been counterfeits yet?
post #953 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

I have the 181 right now, but I'm always down for more bass! Plus they are cheap on eBay right now. Have there been counterfeits yet?


Of course its AKG. Plus they are not that cheaper on ebay...


Edited by musiclife - 7/17/13 at 5:39am
post #954 of 1007

Can anyone chime in with an opinion on how these things actually sound? Especially compared to the K167. It would be greatly appreciated.

post #955 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Can anyone chime in with an opinion on how these things actually sound? Especially compared to the K167. It would be greatly appreciated.

 

I thought they sounded pretty good. I also think this thread has been a bit hard on them. Just shy of Wall of Fame status; a bit too uneven and the reported breakages are worrisome.

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/akg-k267-tiesto-headphone-bass-adjustment-control

post #956 of 1007

Thanks Tyll. The whole "sound" aspect seemed to have fallen through the cracks here..

post #957 of 1007

I don't reckon people complained other than about the durability fail, if you look at those posted pics about the wrecks, it doesn't take a genious to realize that the design isn't durable enough, even if you baby the headphones as simple as putting & taking off your headphones unless you like spend extreme carefulness while taking on/off your head will eventually lead to cracking/wrecking of the plastic. As the cups are so huge it doesn't need a lot of force for that part of the plastic get stressed more than is healthy for it. 
 

I think it's just matter of time when AKG revises the construction with metal reinforcement as the RMA cost's gonna get way too high for this headphone otherwise. If so it might get a pretty interesting option to me if used with "stage" setting.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 7/11/13 at 3:58pm
post #958 of 1007
The K167 sounded absolutely dreadful. No experience with the K267.

The issue is that the cups isolated too much - they squash against your head hard. This caused the excessive bass of the headphones to become nearly ear deafening. If you have a smaller head maybe it'd be better. But it caused the midrange to be weirdly recessed, even though it had the most unique bass I've ever heard. The sound out of the headphones was... different. Very different, but I was getting ear damage so I had to return. I don't feel like I've missed anything. It's different sounding, good or bad your call.
post #959 of 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

The K167 sounded absolutely dreadful. No experience with the K267.

The issue is that the cups isolated too much - they squash against your head hard. This caused the excessive bass of the headphones to become nearly ear deafening. If you have a smaller head maybe it'd be better. But it caused the midrange to be weirdly recessed, even though it had the most unique bass I've ever heard. The sound out of the headphones was... different. Very different, but I was getting ear damage so I had to return. I don't feel like I've missed anything. It's different sounding, good or bad your call.


That's what I am always scared of when they release "pro DJ" headphones, aka Beats, the huge emphasis on bass.

post #960 of 1007

Is there any good replacement for the ear pads?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread