Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 55post #811 of 9831/28/13 at 7:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 9831/29/13 at 12:18pm
I got Shure SRH-750 pads for the AKG K167. Massive, massive improvements. Literally night and day. Good gravy. I'll write about it further when I'm not going to fanboy it up.
I can't believe how badly the stock pads were bottlenecking these.post #813 of 9831/29/13 at 12:28pmQuote:
Is it possible for you to upload some pictures?
I may buy both the K167 and the earpads depending on you. No pressurepost #814 of 9831/29/13 at 12:38pmpost #815 of 9831/29/13 at 12:45pm
Some notes of the changes of the headphone with the new pads (which fit perfectly, surprisingly enough):
+ Bass is a bit more recessed (maybe three or four decibels). I would say that, minus a couple of small peaks in the highs, that these cans are now almost perfectly neutral. I did some frequency sweeps in Audition to test this.
++ Comfort is improved. The fuzzy lining of the inside of the Shure pads really helps with this. If the comfort of the pads before was 6/10, I would say they are at an 8.5 as of right now (brand new), and I've read they need breaking in to soften up.
+++ Detail is improved by a ludicrous amount. Ludicrous. Seriously. Holy cow. I would say that they are even more detailed than my Q701.
+ The headphone arguably looks more attractive with the new pads.
-- Unfortunately, the isolation has taken a moderate hit. I would say it isolates about 60-75% as well as it used to.
++ I think that the width of the soundstage has decreased, but I would say that the sound is much more 3D, and that instrument separation is far improved.
If you're debating on whether or not to get the pads; GET THE PADS. GET THE PADS. This gets thrown around a lot, but I'm not one for hyperbole; it is a blatant night and day difference.
I did not expect this to happen at all. I was just looking for a little bit better comfort, lol.
Edited by Tus-Chan - 1/29/13 at 1:20pmpost #816 of 9831/29/13 at 1:36pmpost #817 of 9831/29/13 at 1:43pm
Very nice pictures. I hope to get mine before the Head-Fi meet so I can bring the entire Tiesto headphones family with me for everyone to sample.post #818 of 9831/29/13 at 7:53pmpost #819 of 9831/30/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Probably because we all sold them, no one has them anymore.post #820 of 9831/30/13 at 1:48pmpost #821 of 9831/30/13 at 2:38pmpost #822 of 9831/30/13 at 2:59pmIt's only the truth. As the majority of HF'ers seem to be discontent and generally lackadaisical when it comes to the newly released 267, nevermind the 167. Seeing lots of bad reviews as well as broken swivels. I've never really been a huge tiesto fan. More or less just disliked the type of people who listened/liked him. The headphone is probably marketed towards the people who think he is God's gift to dance music. Akg makes great headphones, I just bought headphones from them today as a matter of fact. Just not the tiesto (67,167,267) line.post #823 of 9831/30/13 at 3:56pm
I don't really think that this is fair at all, frankly.As the majority of HF'ers seem to be discontent and generally lackadaisical when it comes to the newly released 267, never mind the 167.
- The K267 is a fail compared to the K167 because it's a hundred dollars more expensive and arguably inferior to the K167. Of course people aren't going to be happy with that. It's a shame that the K167, which I think outclasses my Q701 (it has a similar sound sig now) after modding with Shure pads, got overlooked because of its overpriced, overinflated big brother,
- You didn't exactly help with that impression in the first place, by saying it sounded like a child (an analogy that still makes little sense to me despite the fact you attempted to clarify it).
The headphone is probably marketed towards the people who think he is God's gift to dance music.
- Wasn't it only one person who had that problem, who then discovered it was a faulty unit in the first place?
post #824 of 9831/30/13 at 4:17pmOrdered some and tried them today! Very nice sound, nice and flat response. As noted by others on the forum, the bass is definitely not overhyped like some other cans, which makes them a good fit for studio work. But like a few others I'm returning them ASAP. Not due to the sound actually (which was very good), but instead because of the skull crushing clamp. After literally only 5 mins of wearing them I was barely able to move my poor tired jaw :-( (I suffer pretty chronic TMJ issues).
- If that was true, they'd have the exact opposite sound signature. Also, Quincy Jones.
Don't let that put you off though, I'm a pretty special case and am extra sensitive to even the lightest of clamp. If anyone here has TMJ problems, then these phones are not the ones you want.post #825 of 9831/30/13 at 4:39pm
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Last Mid ohio meet this year Fall meet here we come. (westerville... 4 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH440 Impression 11 seconds ago
- › I think i might go ahead and buy the Sennheiser HD600 for music... 51 seconds ago
- › Benchmark DAC1 - which input to use? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Tablets with USB-Audio that can handle large Hard-drives? 3 minutes ago
- › New Setup --> Grado GM-1000i vs. GMP 450 Pro & which portable DAC?? 3 minutes ago
- › New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced 3 minutes ago
- › Home Audio Setup advice needed - Xonar Card, Tube Amp and Beyer DT... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi