- 518 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: Bergen County, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing a pair of over-ear & closed-back headphone under $300, mostly for... Last post on 11/18/12 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- (partly) Portable full sized headphones? Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread - Page 52post #766 of 9981/27/13 at 4:20amIt didnt sound horrible. Just too clean. I want something dirty sexy and deep. The 167 sounded like a 5th grader singing in my ears.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 9981/27/13 at 5:18am
I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but has anyone compared the Tiesto line to the K181? Looking at pricing of the K181 at $130, I am wondering what the Tiesto brings to the table sonically that the K167 or K267 doesn't. I actually think I prefer the looks of the K181.
post #768 of 9981/27/13 at 5:24am
That's it....you nailed it. It does sound like that in the midrange.post #769 of 9981/27/13 at 5:47am
i go tomorrow change my k-267 to pioneer HDJ2000. K-267 headband just killing me !!!
sounded like a 5th grader singing in my ears. Thats what i hate too!
i wanted to buy m100 but its so hard to get here finland because customs.....post #770 of 9981/27/13 at 8:06amQuote:
Do you recommend the K550 or the K551?
Do you think they are better than the Tiesto line HP?
Which one sounds better between K550, K551, Momentum and M100?
Are the K551 more portable than K550 and do they have a good clamping force compared to K550?post #771 of 9981/27/13 at 8:22ampost #772 of 9981/27/13 at 8:25ampost #773 of 9981/27/13 at 8:49am
on my pairs there was a slight difference running the same source/amp. I found the K550 to have better decay. The Hi-Fi magic that I love about the k550 at under $300 was not in the K551. If these are the same aside from the cable, then it may be the manufacturing or drivers matching or something else that makes my K550 better.post #774 of 9981/27/13 at 10:47amQuote:
I don't follow. Not because I really like mine, but I don't understand the "too clean" and "5th grader singing"
I don't put those 2 together normally.
My only complaint with the 167, for me, is the highs border being too high. They just make it under where I wouldn't want them to be to be too high.
I love their bass. Its tight and punchy and with my e11, I don't miss what I thought I was upon my initial listens with the 167. The detail is fantastic. There isn't anything there that you miss in the recording.post #775 of 9981/27/13 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by DannyBai
People shouldn't be so quick to judge based on a handful of reviews. Who knows what other headphones the people that have the K267's own. It's very possible that many of you might miss out on something that actually is a good headphone.
As for a quick comparison with the M100, the K267's lack the thickness of the M100's. Mainly in the mid-bass region. The biggest difference between the two is bass. The M100's reach just as deep as the K267's but packs a bigger punch and it leaks into the mid-bass region where the K267's don't. Treble isn't far off from each other but the K267's sound cleaner and airier to me. Midrange is also not far off from each other but the K267's are slightly more forward and is thinner sounding. Females vocals render better with the K267's but the M100's adds more to male vocals. Stage wise, both are really good but the M100's are more of 3D and K267's are wider. For me, both are keepers in the sound department so far.
I like this guy. He is so optimistic. I am trusting you on this one. Maybe they really aren't so bad as people are putting them.post #776 of 9981/27/13 at 11:37am
I like this guy. He is so optimistic. I am trusting you on this one. Maybe they really aren't so bad as people are putting them.
They really are not. I love them, and I'm really picky about my equipment.post #777 of 9981/27/13 at 12:22pmQuote:
I'll report my honest findings as they burn in some more.Quote:
I am not as picky so it's good to know this coming from you. I really do like them so far.post #778 of 9981/27/13 at 12:30pmpost #779 of 9981/27/13 at 2:16pmThe main reason I think ill pass on the 267 is the fact I already have the 167. The m100 will give me something different. From the sounds of it, the 267 sounds similar to the 167 but with some bass bost adjustments.
I do love my 167 though. And for me, they are portable. I just did inventory with them on the entire weekend.post #780 of 9981/27/13 at 3:18pm
Well, my K267's have seen roughly about 100hrs of burn-in now at least, including a nice bass workout last night blasting non-stop DJ Billy E (if you haven't heard his stuff through a bassy headphone, do so now -- total brain massage ). And... not much more change from the last time I checked. The bass is clearer and a lot more controlled than it was originally, but everything else is still pretty much the same from the ~40hr burn-in mark.
These are pretty good headphones, and if I haven't put on any other headphones first thing in the morning, I do genuinely like them for a while. Like I said, they kinda remind me of my HD600's (which I love). Unfortunately the bass extension and imaging are still deal-breakers for me. Let's also not forget that I got these for $350 (that's more than I paid for my HD600's!). I know there's a lot of people defending them, and maybe they got them for a better price, or they're just going off on the sound of the K167's because they supposedly sound so similar, but I think the pricing here is a major factor of why they seem to be 'meh'. If the K167's really sound that close to the K267's, considering that they are less than half the price of the K267, then that is a legitimately good deal on a great pair of headphones! Otherwise, let's not dismiss the fact that the K267's are still generally priced higher than a lot of their competition here (namely, the controversial M100's).
Anyways, I'm about to pull the trigger on some M100's. So I could have a comparison between them and all my other cans (including the K267) later this week if anybody's still interested (given that my comments seem to be getting ignored for being too critical ).
- AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 38 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 43 seconds ago
- › what portable headphones under 400USD 1 minute ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 2 minutes ago
- › V-Moda Crossfade LP 5 minutes ago
- › Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 10 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › $350CAD HERUS: Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0, 24bit 352.8Ks/S, DXD and... 11 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude