Ray only had a source I wasn't familiar with. My experiences with sources is such that I wont put trust in anything I'm not familiar with. Most of the time when evaluating unfamiliar amps, I'm inclined to use my DX100, as I'm familiar with it. I probably should have done that with Ray's amps, but the room was too noisy to listen with 'stats anyway and there is no way I want to comment on gear with unfamiliar music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How much of a difference is there between the Ultrasone signature pro/edition 8 and a mid fi... Last post on 10/19/13 at 12:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [Q]Which Grado has largest cup size? Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when listening to music... Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
I picked these up off ebay a few weeks ago for 5 $ so my expectations were not high but to my surprise i think that i found a new pair of daily drivers, as i have said i have collected a fairly...
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong - Page 6post #76 of 8111/28/12 at 11:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8112/1/12 at 6:27pm
Great report Currawong and interesting pictures - found your comments on the Fostex TH900 in comparison to the R10 to be very interesting - I have always wanted to hear the R10 but short of a reissue I think my chances are slim here in Australia. I have just bought the TH900 and am breaking them in as I type - very impressed so far.post #78 of 8112/8/12 at 7:24pmpost #79 of 8112/13/12 at 8:33pmpost #80 of 8112/14/12 at 6:04pm
Got both JVC earphones yesterday. I now understand why Currawong gave these the best of show.. Excellent earphones. The FXZ100 has to be heard as well. I think you would dig the FXZ100. Currawong. Closer to the XBA-3 sound balance. The FXZ200 however is the higher end even more refined phones. Both are sick beyond comprehension.post #81 of 8112/14/12 at 7:53pmThread Starter
I did try them in-store again recently. Am still considering getting one or both pairs if not asking for review pairs. The last month-and-a-half has been too busy though. Thankfully Xmas is not a holiday here (except for schools) so I might still.Return HomeBack to Forum: Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
This thread is locked
- FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Noontec Zoro HD review 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 6 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver... by umhhmm
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)