Ray only had a source I wasn't familiar with. My experiences with sources is such that I wont put trust in anything I'm not familiar with. Most of the time when evaluating unfamiliar amps, I'm inclined to use my DX100, as I'm familiar with it. I probably should have done that with Ray's amps, but the room was too noisy to listen with 'stats anyway and there is no way I want to comment on gear with unfamiliar music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How much of a difference is there between the Ultrasone signature pro/edition 8 and a mid fi... Last post on 10/19/13 at 12:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 6/3/15 at 5:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Great report Currawong and interesting pictures - found your comments on the Fostex TH900 in comparison to the R10 to be very interesting - I have always wanted to hear the R10 but short of a reissue I think my chances are slim here in Australia. I have just bought the TH900 and am breaking them in as I type - very impressed so far.
Got both JVC earphones yesterday. I now understand why Currawong gave these the best of show.. Excellent earphones. The FXZ100 has to be heard as well. I think you would dig the FXZ100. Currawong. Closer to the XBA-3 sound balance. The FXZ200 however is the higher end even more refined phones. Both are sick beyond comprehension.
I did try them in-store again recently. Am still considering getting one or both pairs if not asking for review pairs. The last month-and-a-half has been too busy though. Thankfully Xmas is not a holiday here (except for schools) so I might still.
- FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 12 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2