Ray only had a source I wasn't familiar with. My experiences with sources is such that I wont put trust in anything I'm not familiar with. Most of the time when evaluating unfamiliar amps, I'm inclined to use my DX100, as I'm familiar with it. I probably should have done that with Ray's amps, but the room was too noisy to listen with 'stats anyway and there is no way I want to comment on gear with unfamiliar music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How much of a difference is there between the Ultrasone signature pro/edition 8 and a mid fi... Last post on 10/19/13 at 12:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback Last post on 1/18/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Ultrasone Pro 2900 Last post on 7/25/14 at 10:35pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- shure se 846 is there any warmer iem than it Last post on 7/11/14 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong - Page 6post #76 of 8111/28/12 at 11:13pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8112/1/12 at 6:27pm
Great report Currawong and interesting pictures - found your comments on the Fostex TH900 in comparison to the R10 to be very interesting - I have always wanted to hear the R10 but short of a reissue I think my chances are slim here in Australia. I have just bought the TH900 and am breaking them in as I type - very impressed so far.post #78 of 8112/8/12 at 7:24pmpost #79 of 8112/13/12 at 8:33pmpost #80 of 8112/14/12 at 6:04pm
Got both JVC earphones yesterday. I now understand why Currawong gave these the best of show.. Excellent earphones. The FXZ100 has to be heard as well. I think you would dig the FXZ100. Currawong. Closer to the XBA-3 sound balance. The FXZ200 however is the higher end even more refined phones. Both are sick beyond comprehension.post #81 of 8112/14/12 at 7:53pmThread Starter
I did try them in-store again recently. Am still considering getting one or both pairs if not asking for review pairs. The last month-and-a-half has been too busy though. Thankfully Xmas is not a holiday here (except for schools) so I might still.Return HomeBack to Forum: Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
This thread is locked
- FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › New guy, looking for suggestions sub $250 (Not your standard request) 6 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 28 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 29 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 1 minute ago
- › Amarra 3.0 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD announced 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The Pineapple Hate Club (TPHC)! 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)