Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong - Page 2  

post #16 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Great questions guys. My report isn't perfect but I thought I should at least post it rather than wait to fix every little thing, which, being a bit perfectionist, wouldn't see it posted for ages.

I think some of the other guys did. There were comments I recall about the FR of the 100s being better. The models are coming out this month. I was thinking of seeing if I can't arrange a pair for review with one of the more experienced IEM guys as they would be able to give a better idea about their performance.

That would be awesome. Hopefully they could review both for comparisons.
post #17 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

 

 

Daftly, I forgot to take a note of the model of the TDK IEM.  I checked their web site and couldn't find it either. I have their contact details so I'll find out and add it to the report.

 

 

MA700 and thanks for the report.

post #18 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

Great pics Amos (especially of the magnificent Mt Fuji).

 

Shame you didn't hear the new Senn amp. How did you find the weight of the closed Audez'e, relative to a stock LCD-2? Also, the Oyaide cables for HD650 and HD800... what type of wire do they employ and are there 4 pin xlr terminated options?

 

I'd love to borrow the new Senn amp, and the new Luxman amp and battle them off. The number of things I'd love to borrow is huge though. 

 

I'll investigate the Oyaide wire more thoroughly sometime, including termination possibilities. I just noticed the Luxman amp was being demoed with balanced headphone cables made by SAEC, a well-known Japanese brand, so that makes a THIRD. Now I wish I hadn't sold my HD-800s.

post #19 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Ortofon

 
 
They have a new, shiny portable amp which charges through USB.

 

Sorry for quoting pictures but this amp is known as the MHd-Q7 and it's quite a good sounding amp. I'm doing a review on it and it's actually gotten me excited.

post #20 of 81

Thanks for the nicely documented impressions Currawong.

post #21 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Sorry for quoting pictures but this amp is known as the MHd-Q7 and it's quite a good sounding amp. I'm doing a review on it and it's actually gotten me excited.

Doesn't look too portable to me. Small granted but portable? Though difficult to scale without cans next to them?
post #22 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomomma1 View Post


Doesn't look too portable to me. Small granted but portable? Though difficult to scale without cans next to them?

 

1000

 

If you're thinking of using it with a phone, yes but with an iPad, not really. I've been going back 'n forth between the ALO Rx Mk3 & the MHd-Q7 and although it's not a powerful amp for driving big cans, there's something about SQ of the MHq-Q7 that's very pleasing to the ears.

post #23 of 81

Great review Currawong....

 

Really have got my interest so far with those Oyaide custom cables (especially the HD800 pic) and of course that new baby Stax.

post #24 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

1000

 

If you're thinking of using it with a phone, yes but with an iPad, not really. I've been going back 'n forth between the ALO Rx Mk3 & the MHd-Q7 and although it's not a powerful amp for driving big cans, there's something about SQ of the MHq-Q7 that's very pleasing to the ears.


So if you had to choose just 1, what are you taking?

post #25 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

1000

 

If you're thinking of using it with a phone, yes but with an iPad, not really. I've been going back 'n forth between the ALO Rx Mk3 & the MHd-Q7 and although it's not a powerful amp for driving big cans, there's something about SQ of the MHq-Q7 that's very pleasing to the ears.


Plus, it is still a beast next to an iPhone. Love the look of it but wouldn't like to take it on my travels.

post #26 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomomma1 View Post


Plus, it is still a beast next to an iPhone. Love the look of it but wouldn't like to take it on my travels.

 

Yes looking at your inventory, I can see this is definitely not for you :D (unless you do use your Little Dot MkIV as a portable too). No just like some of the other portable amps around, the MHd-Q7 isn't portable enough for everybody. But there will be crowd whom it'll please I'm sure.

post #27 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

Yes looking at your inventory, I can see this is definitely not for you :D (unless you do use your Little Dot MkIV as a portable too). No just like some of the other portable amps around, the MHd-Q7 isn't portable enough for everybody. But there will be crowd whom it'll please I'm sure.


I only use the LD mk4 when I go running ;D

post #28 of 81

Did we get a price on this Orto amp?

post #29 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomomma1 View Post

Did we get a price on this Orto amp?

Not cheap...¥38,000 RRP. But target for local JP sales I believe (just like the other Ortofon amp & earphones) - potentially available internationally through grey market though.
post #30 of 81
Thread Starter 

Anakchan: Thanks for letting me know the name of the Ortofon amp. 

 

I have the Furutech ADL Esprit here now and it's a nice-sounding unit.  JVC's new IEMs will be available from the 20th. Now to find time to consider the rest of the gear....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours › FujiyaAvic 2012 Autumn Headphone Festival in Tokyo report by Currawong