- 38 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- What headphones have the deepest bass? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones (300-400 USD) that go well with the NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 300$ Headphones - what to buy? Last post on 12/18/12 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone PRO 900 vs AKG K550 vs Shure SRH940 vs Beyerdynamic DT 880 Last post on 10/21/13 at 2:31am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
Fostex th900 or shut shr940?post #1 of 1110/31/12 at 12:14pmThread StarterOk I've been looking at these headphones and wanted someone's opinion on which to but I will be using the predator for an amp. Basically I like that the shr seen to be have amazing sound quality specifically soundstage and vocals but There doesnt seem to be any bass and they seem to be great for rock country and metal but I want something for electronic music as well so I was planning on getting the ultrasone pro900 but then I heard about the fostex and wondered how they compare as far as highs and mids especially
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1110/31/12 at 12:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1110/31/12 at 12:20pmpost #4 of 1110/31/12 at 12:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/31/12 at 12:34pm
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).
Edited by alv4426 - 10/31/12 at 12:36pmpost #6 of 1110/31/12 at 12:57pmThread StarterQuote:Msrp is 2000 for fostex msrp for shr is 375 msrp for ultrasone is 599 just saying I know what shure sound signature is an I know what ultrasone sound sig is I want something that can give me great sounding mids an great highs with good low bass something that is relatively nuetral with an emphasis in mids without being anemic with bassOriginally Posted by alv4426
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).post #7 of 1112/3/12 at 3:29amI recently bought Fostex TH900 $1495 in Australia
I have only listened to TH900 for 5-6 hours so far best headphone I have ever listened to IMO.
I also own Ultrasone Ed8 also very nice however the TH 900 improves on the ed8 in every way except for isolation and portability. The ed8 sound great the TH900 are on another level.
TH900. Awesome bass clarity, excellent treble mids just slightly recessed however it's quite a neutral sound signature. Also IMO euphonic headphone.
Just my 2 cents - would recommend checking out the TH900 thread as there are some excellent description of this headphone.
Unable to comment on the sure h/p as I have not tried one yet.
Good luck in your hunt for a suitable h/ppost #8 of 1112/3/12 at 3:35am
From the opinions of the people that own the TH900's, you'd probably be disappointed if you're looking for "emphasis in the mids".
A lot of people say that they're "slightly" recessed.
Alv is right, you probably won't find these for anything less than the bare minimum of AUD$1.5k, approaching close to USD$2k.
Edited by ThatNzGuy - 12/3/12 at 3:40ampost #9 of 1112/3/12 at 11:21ampost #10 of 1112/3/12 at 11:28am
- Fostex th900 or shut shr940?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › DJ Audio Interfaces vs. audiophile DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Coming into my home soon — the Naim DAC V-1 7 minutes ago
- › Martin Customs Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi