- 38 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What headphones have the deepest bass? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones (300-400 USD) that go well with the NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 300$ Headphones - what to buy? Last post on 12/18/12 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
Fostex th900 or shut shr940?post #1 of 1310/31/12 at 12:14pmThread StarterOk I've been looking at these headphones and wanted someone's opinion on which to but I will be using the predator for an amp. Basically I like that the shr seen to be have amazing sound quality specifically soundstage and vocals but There doesnt seem to be any bass and they seem to be great for rock country and metal but I want something for electronic music as well so I was planning on getting the ultrasone pro900 but then I heard about the fostex and wondered how they compare as far as highs and mids especially
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1310/31/12 at 12:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1310/31/12 at 12:20pmpost #4 of 1310/31/12 at 12:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1310/31/12 at 12:34pm
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).
Edited by alv4426 - 10/31/12 at 12:36pmpost #6 of 1310/31/12 at 12:57pmThread StarterQuote:Msrp is 2000 for fostex msrp for shr is 375 msrp for ultrasone is 599 just saying I know what shure sound signature is an I know what ultrasone sound sig is I want something that can give me great sounding mids an great highs with good low bass something that is relatively nuetral with an emphasis in mids without being anemic with bassOriginally Posted by alv4426
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).post #7 of 1312/3/12 at 3:29amI recently bought Fostex TH900 $1495 in Australia
I have only listened to TH900 for 5-6 hours so far best headphone I have ever listened to IMO.
I also own Ultrasone Ed8 also very nice however the TH 900 improves on the ed8 in every way except for isolation and portability. The ed8 sound great the TH900 are on another level.
TH900. Awesome bass clarity, excellent treble mids just slightly recessed however it's quite a neutral sound signature. Also IMO euphonic headphone.
Just my 2 cents - would recommend checking out the TH900 thread as there are some excellent description of this headphone.
Unable to comment on the sure h/p as I have not tried one yet.
Good luck in your hunt for a suitable h/ppost #8 of 1312/3/12 at 3:35am
From the opinions of the people that own the TH900's, you'd probably be disappointed if you're looking for "emphasis in the mids".
A lot of people say that they're "slightly" recessed.
Alv is right, you probably won't find these for anything less than the bare minimum of AUD$1.5k, approaching close to USD$2k.
Edited by ThatNzGuy - 12/3/12 at 3:40ampost #9 of 1312/3/12 at 11:21ampost #10 of 1312/3/12 at 11:28ampost #11 of 1312/3/12 at 12:14pmpost #12 of 134/3/14 at 9:08pm
I know this is an old thread but I recently hooked up my TH900 to my RSA Predator and it sounds BETTER than when connected to my Burson Soloist. Just my two cents. The synergy/sound signature is better with Predator. The Burson sounds good-ish but something is amiss, it's like the bass hits TOO hard and it just doesn't sound right.
I think there's more bass on tap when connected to the Predator but it all sounds like it should... it's hard to explain as I am a relative novice. Not the result I expected but there you go.
- Fostex th900 or shut shr940?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 17 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 23 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 41 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › YULONG D200 Impression : ES9016 Balanced DAC + Class A Single End... 1 minute ago
- › Extra Comfort on Monoprice 8323? 1 minute ago
- › Can the apex pinnacle use the KR PX4? 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD-3 Headphones (United Kingdom) 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor [Flagship 4W ESS SABRE32 Model] + Free 1793 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob