- 38 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/20/14 at 6:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What headphones have the deepest bass? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones (300-400 USD) that go well with the NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 300$ Headphones - what to buy? Last post on 12/18/12 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Fostex th900 or shut shr940?post #1 of 1310/31/12 at 12:14pmThread StarterOk I've been looking at these headphones and wanted someone's opinion on which to but I will be using the predator for an amp. Basically I like that the shr seen to be have amazing sound quality specifically soundstage and vocals but There doesnt seem to be any bass and they seem to be great for rock country and metal but I want something for electronic music as well so I was planning on getting the ultrasone pro900 but then I heard about the fostex and wondered how they compare as far as highs and mids especially
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1310/31/12 at 12:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1310/31/12 at 12:20pmpost #4 of 1310/31/12 at 12:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1310/31/12 at 12:34pm
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).
Edited by alv4426 - 10/31/12 at 12:36pmpost #6 of 1310/31/12 at 12:57pmThread StarterQuote:Msrp is 2000 for fostex msrp for shr is 375 msrp for ultrasone is 599 just saying I know what shure sound signature is an I know what ultrasone sound sig is I want something that can give me great sounding mids an great highs with good low bass something that is relatively nuetral with an emphasis in mids without being anemic with bassOriginally Posted by alv4426
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).post #7 of 1312/3/12 at 3:29amI recently bought Fostex TH900 $1495 in Australia
I have only listened to TH900 for 5-6 hours so far best headphone I have ever listened to IMO.
I also own Ultrasone Ed8 also very nice however the TH 900 improves on the ed8 in every way except for isolation and portability. The ed8 sound great the TH900 are on another level.
TH900. Awesome bass clarity, excellent treble mids just slightly recessed however it's quite a neutral sound signature. Also IMO euphonic headphone.
Just my 2 cents - would recommend checking out the TH900 thread as there are some excellent description of this headphone.
Unable to comment on the sure h/p as I have not tried one yet.
Good luck in your hunt for a suitable h/ppost #8 of 1312/3/12 at 3:35am
From the opinions of the people that own the TH900's, you'd probably be disappointed if you're looking for "emphasis in the mids".
A lot of people say that they're "slightly" recessed.
Alv is right, you probably won't find these for anything less than the bare minimum of AUD$1.5k, approaching close to USD$2k.
Edited by ThatNzGuy - 12/3/12 at 3:40ampost #9 of 1312/3/12 at 11:21ampost #10 of 1312/3/12 at 11:28ampost #11 of 1312/3/12 at 12:14pmpost #12 of 134/3/14 at 9:08pm
I know this is an old thread but I recently hooked up my TH900 to my RSA Predator and it sounds BETTER than when connected to my Burson Soloist. Just my two cents. The synergy/sound signature is better with Predator. The Burson sounds good-ish but something is amiss, it's like the bass hits TOO hard and it just doesn't sound right.
I think there's more bass on tap when connected to the Predator but it all sounds like it should... it's hard to explain as I am a relative novice. Not the result I expected but there you go.
- Fostex th900 or shut shr940?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Shure 846 vs. JH Roxanne's 6 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Appreciation Thread+Review 48 seconds ago
- › Newbie with lots of questions! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200s (LNIB) with spare leatherette pads 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Trafomatic Audio - TakeT H2+ amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR V6 help/ear cup mod 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude