- 38 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- ~$1000 budget for Cans for on the go Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What headphones have the deepest bass? Last post on 7/29/13 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones (300-400 USD) that go well with the NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 300$ Headphones - what to buy? Last post on 12/18/12 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D7000 , Fostex TH900, Senn HD800, or Audeze LCD 2 or 3 for gaming? Last post on 4/10/13 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Fostex th900 or shut shr940?post #1 of 1110/31/12 at 12:14pmThread StarterOk I've been looking at these headphones and wanted someone's opinion on which to but I will be using the predator for an amp. Basically I like that the shr seen to be have amazing sound quality specifically soundstage and vocals but There doesnt seem to be any bass and they seem to be great for rock country and metal but I want something for electronic music as well so I was planning on getting the ultrasone pro900 but then I heard about the fostex and wondered how they compare as far as highs and mids especially
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1110/31/12 at 12:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 1110/31/12 at 12:20pmpost #4 of 1110/31/12 at 12:24pmThread Starterpost #5 of 1110/31/12 at 12:34pm
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).
Edited by alv4426 - 10/31/12 at 12:36pmpost #6 of 1110/31/12 at 12:57pmThread StarterQuote:Msrp is 2000 for fostex msrp for shr is 375 msrp for ultrasone is 599 just saying I know what shure sound signature is an I know what ultrasone sound sig is I want something that can give me great sounding mids an great highs with good low bass something that is relatively nuetral with an emphasis in mids without being anemic with bassOriginally Posted by alv4426
Even if they were $1000 (which they are not, in the US its closer to $2000) you are comparing them to a $200ish (Shure) and $300ish (Ultrasone) headphone. And that original post is difficult to understand, you need to explain what you are looking for better including budget and preferred sound signatures ( that you've actually heard not read somewhere).post #7 of 1112/3/12 at 3:29amI recently bought Fostex TH900 $1495 in Australia
I have only listened to TH900 for 5-6 hours so far best headphone I have ever listened to IMO.
I also own Ultrasone Ed8 also very nice however the TH 900 improves on the ed8 in every way except for isolation and portability. The ed8 sound great the TH900 are on another level.
TH900. Awesome bass clarity, excellent treble mids just slightly recessed however it's quite a neutral sound signature. Also IMO euphonic headphone.
Just my 2 cents - would recommend checking out the TH900 thread as there are some excellent description of this headphone.
Unable to comment on the sure h/p as I have not tried one yet.
Good luck in your hunt for a suitable h/ppost #8 of 1112/3/12 at 3:35am
From the opinions of the people that own the TH900's, you'd probably be disappointed if you're looking for "emphasis in the mids".
A lot of people say that they're "slightly" recessed.
Alv is right, you probably won't find these for anything less than the bare minimum of AUD$1.5k, approaching close to USD$2k.
Edited by ThatNzGuy - 12/3/12 at 3:40ampost #9 of 1112/3/12 at 11:21ampost #10 of 1112/3/12 at 11:28am
- Fostex th900 or shut shr940?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Great Modern Classical Recordings 30 seconds ago
- › $500 bedroom setup suggestions 1 minute ago
- › SUPERLUX HD-330 VS HD-668B ! Little Review. 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 13 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speaker Alpha Dog 3 minutes ago
- › Topping VX1... anybody try it yet? 3 minutes ago
- › First Post! KSC75 drivers.....in a HD555 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude