just ordered he500. gonna be my last headphone purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 34post #496 of 537011/4/12 at 12:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 537011/4/12 at 12:50pm
Great review! But being more of an in-ear enthusiast, I thought the order was more like this-
JH13=>JH16>UE10 Pro/UE IERM<ES5>PFE232>W4>=IE80=SE535>=UM3X>XBA-4=3>2XS
Keep in mind that I chose the IE80, which corrected the IE8's mistakes.post #498 of 537011/4/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
...while the M-100 is a good headphone, I think it might be last in terms of sound quality....:(post #499 of 537011/4/12 at 1:02pmpost #500 of 537011/4/12 at 1:21pmQuote:+1
I used to think it didnt matter that much until I got a good dac along with the hd800. most headphones ive heard didnt make a huge difference but the hd800 changed my opinion on thatpost #501 of 537011/4/12 at 1:38pmQuote:
Might as well add a Rudistor Chroma to the list as well.post #502 of 537011/4/12 at 1:58pmThread Starter
I would like to add the MD2 as well:) and look at that! already on the Sieveking stand!post #503 of 537011/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #504 of 537011/4/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Thanks for replying.
Do you know how the treble was with the Lyr>Bifrost?
I personally loved the sound of the HD-800, it was the treble that really bugged my ears. Then again, as I'm now learning - what source you use on an HD-800 can have an effect on it.
Edited by satanigatan - 11/4/12 at 2:11pmpost #505 of 537011/4/12 at 2:53pmQuote:
I doubt it'd actually be last. :P I'd expect it to be at least a few spots up the list.post #506 of 537011/4/12 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by satanigatan
I'm definitely going to look back into the HD-800's later down the road. Like I said, for me they were the best sounding/ designed headhones I ever tried. At the time, I didn't have the proper equipment to juice them, and I found them to be harsh. I've always regretted giving up on them.
Just don't pair them with a overly bright sig ss amp, you'll lose your eardrums to that.post #507 of 537011/4/12 at 3:08pm
There's also now an Audio Technica AD2000X, which, at a brief listening test in Tokyo sounded less grainy and more refined than the AD2000s, which were one of the most intense headphones I've ever owned.post #508 of 537011/4/12 at 3:25pmpost #509 of 537011/4/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Makes me wonder how the AD1000x and the AD900x will sound. I'm considering those two.post #510 of 537011/4/12 at 3:32pmQuote:
Maybe you could provide us with a mini epic review and tell us exactly what your own impressions are. Could be worth a thread of its own.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 40 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 58 seconds ago
- › Question about self-titled The Doors album on HDTracks 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2