just ordered he500. gonna be my last headphone purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 34post #496 of 560411/4/12 at 12:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 560411/4/12 at 12:50pm
Great review! But being more of an in-ear enthusiast, I thought the order was more like this-
JH13=>JH16>UE10 Pro/UE IERM<ES5>PFE232>W4>=IE80=SE535>=UM3X>XBA-4=3>2XS
Keep in mind that I chose the IE80, which corrected the IE8's mistakes.post #498 of 560411/4/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
...while the M-100 is a good headphone, I think it might be last in terms of sound quality....:(post #499 of 560411/4/12 at 1:02pmpost #500 of 560411/4/12 at 1:21pmQuote:+1
I used to think it didnt matter that much until I got a good dac along with the hd800. most headphones ive heard didnt make a huge difference but the hd800 changed my opinion on thatpost #501 of 560411/4/12 at 1:38pmQuote:
Might as well add a Rudistor Chroma to the list as well.post #502 of 560411/4/12 at 1:58pmThread Starter
I would like to add the MD2 as well:) and look at that! already on the Sieveking stand!post #503 of 560411/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #504 of 560411/4/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Thanks for replying.
Do you know how the treble was with the Lyr>Bifrost?
I personally loved the sound of the HD-800, it was the treble that really bugged my ears. Then again, as I'm now learning - what source you use on an HD-800 can have an effect on it.
Edited by satanigatan - 11/4/12 at 2:11pmpost #505 of 560411/4/12 at 2:53pmQuote:
I doubt it'd actually be last. :P I'd expect it to be at least a few spots up the list.post #506 of 560411/4/12 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by satanigatan
I'm definitely going to look back into the HD-800's later down the road. Like I said, for me they were the best sounding/ designed headhones I ever tried. At the time, I didn't have the proper equipment to juice them, and I found them to be harsh. I've always regretted giving up on them.
Just don't pair them with a overly bright sig ss amp, you'll lose your eardrums to that.post #507 of 560411/4/12 at 3:08pm
There's also now an Audio Technica AD2000X, which, at a brief listening test in Tokyo sounded less grainy and more refined than the AD2000s, which were one of the most intense headphones I've ever owned.post #508 of 560411/4/12 at 3:25pmpost #509 of 560411/4/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Makes me wonder how the AD1000x and the AD900x will sound. I'm considering those two.post #510 of 560411/4/12 at 3:32pmQuote:
Maybe you could provide us with a mini epic review and tell us exactly what your own impressions are. Could be worth a thread of its own.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE PRO 18+ Discussions and Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear