just ordered he500. gonna be my last headphone purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 34post #496 of 524011/4/12 at 12:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 524011/4/12 at 12:50pm
Great review! But being more of an in-ear enthusiast, I thought the order was more like this-
JH13=>JH16>UE10 Pro/UE IERM<ES5>PFE232>W4>=IE80=SE535>=UM3X>XBA-4=3>2XS
Keep in mind that I chose the IE80, which corrected the IE8's mistakes.post #498 of 524011/4/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
...while the M-100 is a good headphone, I think it might be last in terms of sound quality....:(post #499 of 524011/4/12 at 1:02pmpost #500 of 524011/4/12 at 1:21pmQuote:+1
I used to think it didnt matter that much until I got a good dac along with the hd800. most headphones ive heard didnt make a huge difference but the hd800 changed my opinion on thatpost #501 of 524011/4/12 at 1:38pmQuote:
Might as well add a Rudistor Chroma to the list as well.post #502 of 524011/4/12 at 1:58pmThread Starter
I would like to add the MD2 as well:) and look at that! already on the Sieveking stand!post #503 of 524011/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #504 of 524011/4/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Thanks for replying.
Do you know how the treble was with the Lyr>Bifrost?
I personally loved the sound of the HD-800, it was the treble that really bugged my ears. Then again, as I'm now learning - what source you use on an HD-800 can have an effect on it.
Edited by satanigatan - 11/4/12 at 2:11pmpost #505 of 524011/4/12 at 2:53pmQuote:
I doubt it'd actually be last. :P I'd expect it to be at least a few spots up the list.post #506 of 524011/4/12 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by satanigatan
I'm definitely going to look back into the HD-800's later down the road. Like I said, for me they were the best sounding/ designed headhones I ever tried. At the time, I didn't have the proper equipment to juice them, and I found them to be harsh. I've always regretted giving up on them.
Just don't pair them with a overly bright sig ss amp, you'll lose your eardrums to that.post #507 of 524011/4/12 at 3:08pm
There's also now an Audio Technica AD2000X, which, at a brief listening test in Tokyo sounded less grainy and more refined than the AD2000s, which were one of the most intense headphones I've ever owned.post #508 of 524011/4/12 at 3:25pmpost #509 of 524011/4/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Makes me wonder how the AD1000x and the AD900x will sound. I'm considering those two.post #510 of 524011/4/12 at 3:32pmQuote:
Maybe you could provide us with a mini epic review and tell us exactly what your own impressions are. Could be worth a thread of its own.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 25 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Welcome to the SchiitShow! 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Dither is a prime suspect 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 2 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3