just ordered he500. gonna be my last headphone purchase.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 34post #496 of 524311/4/12 at 12:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #497 of 524311/4/12 at 12:50pm
Great review! But being more of an in-ear enthusiast, I thought the order was more like this-
JH13=>JH16>UE10 Pro/UE IERM<ES5>PFE232>W4>=IE80=SE535>=UM3X>XBA-4=3>2XS
Keep in mind that I chose the IE80, which corrected the IE8's mistakes.post #498 of 524311/4/12 at 12:51pmQuote:
...while the M-100 is a good headphone, I think it might be last in terms of sound quality....:(post #499 of 524311/4/12 at 1:02pmpost #500 of 524311/4/12 at 1:21pmQuote:+1
I used to think it didnt matter that much until I got a good dac along with the hd800. most headphones ive heard didnt make a huge difference but the hd800 changed my opinion on thatpost #501 of 524311/4/12 at 1:38pmQuote:
Might as well add a Rudistor Chroma to the list as well.post #502 of 524311/4/12 at 1:58pmThread Starter
I would like to add the MD2 as well:) and look at that! already on the Sieveking stand!post #503 of 524311/4/12 at 1:58pmpost #504 of 524311/4/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Thanks for replying.
Do you know how the treble was with the Lyr>Bifrost?
I personally loved the sound of the HD-800, it was the treble that really bugged my ears. Then again, as I'm now learning - what source you use on an HD-800 can have an effect on it.
Edited by satanigatan - 11/4/12 at 2:11pmpost #505 of 524311/4/12 at 2:53pmQuote:
I doubt it'd actually be last. :P I'd expect it to be at least a few spots up the list.post #506 of 524311/4/12 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by satanigatan
I'm definitely going to look back into the HD-800's later down the road. Like I said, for me they were the best sounding/ designed headhones I ever tried. At the time, I didn't have the proper equipment to juice them, and I found them to be harsh. I've always regretted giving up on them.
Just don't pair them with a overly bright sig ss amp, you'll lose your eardrums to that.post #507 of 524311/4/12 at 3:08pm
There's also now an Audio Technica AD2000X, which, at a brief listening test in Tokyo sounded less grainy and more refined than the AD2000s, which were one of the most intense headphones I've ever owned.post #508 of 524311/4/12 at 3:25pmpost #509 of 524311/4/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
Makes me wonder how the AD1000x and the AD900x will sound. I'm considering those two.post #510 of 524311/4/12 at 3:32pmQuote:
Maybe you could provide us with a mini epic review and tell us exactly what your own impressions are. Could be worth a thread of its own.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 31 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 38 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 8 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 8 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 11 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3