IMO, he's pretty much done with reviews. Hope I'm wrong.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
This is the only DAC that I have owned at this point and I am currently looking to purchases something a little bit better in quality after buying a pair of Sennheiser HD 600. For my liking the...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 330post #4936 of 55838/17/14 at 6:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 55838/29/14 at 9:23pm
I'd be interested to see the T5p reviewed here. It's a match to the T1 and is tied in their minds to the T1 as a flagship. I have to say that I prefer it to the Alpha Dog and every other closed headphone I've tried. Don't get me wrong, I don't think a closed headphone can do what an open one can, but when you need closed, you need closed. I have a T5p that was just modified to HD 800 connectors I could send for reviews if necessary.post #4938 of 55839/2/14 at 3:34pmpost #4939 of 55839/2/14 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by schalliol
I'd be interested to see the T5p reviewed here. It's a match to the T1 and is tied in their minds to the T1 as a flagship. I have to say that I prefer it to the Alpha Dog and every other closed headphone I've tried. Don't get me wrong, I don't think a closed headphone can do what an open one can, but when you need closed, you need closed. I have a T5p that was just modified to HD 800 connectors I could send for reviews if necessary.post #4940 of 55839/3/14 at 4:00amQuote:
Huh? Could you please be more specific before screaming (6 exclamation points, really?) at people who are being polite? Perhaps we missed something in this very very long thread, but at least in my case I searched the thread for the headphones I was requesting and I didn't see why they shouldn't be included. The T5p is tied with the T1 as a Beyerdynamic flagship and I'm just offering mine for a test.post #4941 of 55839/3/14 at 6:39am
The topic creator's health and relationship suffered while he was making the initial review, and since then he's stopped and sold off a bit of his collection. I don't think he'll be adding anything to this review anytime soon-- if at all.post #4942 of 55839/3/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #4943 of 55839/4/14 at 3:57amThat's quite sad. I know the reviews are personal, but I wonder if there's a way to keep the database alive. I suppose because it is subjective there isn't a way to do this reasonably. Thanks for the note.post #4944 of 55839/21/14 at 6:20amQuote:
I completely agree with this, seeing that the last revision was a couple years back and a lot of new cans are introduced to the market since then. The thing I most appreciate about this review is how detailed they are compiled including the value assessment since I am just into this 'hobby'. I hope that David is well and I cannot thank him enough for compiling this list. Cheerspost #4945 of 55839/30/14 at 2:48pmpost #4946 of 558310/2/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
An epic review, I can't say I've ever seen a more comprehensive review of HP's anywhere.Quote:
It's been knocked around, heavy hitters like Skylab would be ideal, will it ever happen, who knows.
Obviously a lot of great HP's out since the original review 2 years ago.post #4947 of 558310/5/14 at 7:34am
I just wanted to thank David for this outstanding work - to be honest I have never seen a better review when comparing various high end headphones.(In fact, I´ve found only one article resembling such an amazing insight - by Michael Piskor http://headfonics.com/2014/08/12-flagship-headphones-compared-the-totl-guide/ - a similarly conceived work, however, not as comprehensive)
This is truly a fantastic guide for every headphone enthusiast. A whole book could be written based on your unique experiences !
I hope this thread will somehow continue and new high end models will be added to the mix.
I wish you all the best David ! Many thanks !post #4948 of 558310/7/14 at 1:30pmpost #4949 of 558310/7/14 at 1:50pm
it seems like the general vibe is that they are not as resolving/detailed as other flagships and do not have as good of sound stage, but they have a very pleasant smooth sound that is nice to listen to. so it just depends on what you are looking for I guess.post #4950 of 558310/10/14 at 3:42pm
Hopefully DavidMahler or another user does an updated version (or an entirely new version) of this list. With the recent new flagships that have made a splash, it would be amazing if something like this was done every year (and that's asking a lot, I know ).
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 47 seconds ago
- › *OFFICAL* Echobox Explorer Review Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Jbl headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear