IMO, he's pretty much done with reviews. Hope I'm wrong.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 330post #4936 of 51998/17/14 at 6:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 51998/29/14 at 9:23pm
I'd be interested to see the T5p reviewed here. It's a match to the T1 and is tied in their minds to the T1 as a flagship. I have to say that I prefer it to the Alpha Dog and every other closed headphone I've tried. Don't get me wrong, I don't think a closed headphone can do what an open one can, but when you need closed, you need closed. I have a T5p that was just modified to HD 800 connectors I could send for reviews if necessary.post #4938 of 51999/2/14 at 3:34pmpost #4939 of 51999/2/14 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by schalliol
I'd be interested to see the T5p reviewed here. It's a match to the T1 and is tied in their minds to the T1 as a flagship. I have to say that I prefer it to the Alpha Dog and every other closed headphone I've tried. Don't get me wrong, I don't think a closed headphone can do what an open one can, but when you need closed, you need closed. I have a T5p that was just modified to HD 800 connectors I could send for reviews if necessary.post #4940 of 51999/3/14 at 4:00amQuote:
Huh? Could you please be more specific before screaming (6 exclamation points, really?) at people who are being polite? Perhaps we missed something in this very very long thread, but at least in my case I searched the thread for the headphones I was requesting and I didn't see why they shouldn't be included. The T5p is tied with the T1 as a Beyerdynamic flagship and I'm just offering mine for a test.post #4941 of 51999/3/14 at 6:39am
The topic creator's health and relationship suffered while he was making the initial review, and since then he's stopped and sold off a bit of his collection. I don't think he'll be adding anything to this review anytime soon-- if at all.post #4942 of 51999/3/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #4943 of 51999/4/14 at 3:57amThat's quite sad. I know the reviews are personal, but I wonder if there's a way to keep the database alive. I suppose because it is subjective there isn't a way to do this reasonably. Thanks for the note.post #4944 of 51999/21/14 at 6:20amQuote:
I completely agree with this, seeing that the last revision was a couple years back and a lot of new cans are introduced to the market since then. The thing I most appreciate about this review is how detailed they are compiled including the value assessment since I am just into this 'hobby'. I hope that David is well and I cannot thank him enough for compiling this list. Cheerspost #4945 of 51999/30/14 at 2:48pmpost #4946 of 519910/2/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
An epic review, I can't say I've ever seen a more comprehensive review of HP's anywhere.Quote:
It's been knocked around, heavy hitters like Skylab would be ideal, will it ever happen, who knows.
Obviously a lot of great HP's out since the original review 2 years ago.post #4947 of 519910/5/14 at 7:34am
I just wanted to thank David for this outstanding work - to be honest I have never seen a better review when comparing various high end headphones.(In fact, I´ve found only one article resembling such an amazing insight - by Michael Piskor http://headfonics.com/2014/08/12-flagship-headphones-compared-the-totl-guide/ - a similarly conceived work, however, not as comprehensive)
This is truly a fantastic guide for every headphone enthusiast. A whole book could be written based on your unique experiences !
I hope this thread will somehow continue and new high end models will be added to the mix.
I wish you all the best David ! Many thanks !post #4948 of 519910/7/14 at 1:30pmpost #4949 of 519910/7/14 at 1:50pm
it seems like the general vibe is that they are not as resolving/detailed as other flagships and do not have as good of sound stage, but they have a very pleasant smooth sound that is nice to listen to. so it just depends on what you are looking for I guess.post #4950 of 519910/10/14 at 3:42pm
Hopefully DavidMahler or another user does an updated version (or an entirely new version) of this list. With the recent new flagships that have made a splash, it would be amazing if something like this was done every year (and that's asking a lot, I know ).
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 56 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 5 minutes ago
- › Available Now: The Element by JDS Labs 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)