Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 225
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3362 of 55833/28/13 at 8:39am
Of course it's the HE-6 + F1J rig. However, I think I'm going to work on a Stax rig next.
Edited by preproman - 3/28/13 at 8:40ampost #3363 of 55833/28/13 at 6:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
Schiit Mjolnir + Gungnir
Nuforce HDP + Icon2, through a speaker tap
Nuforce DAC-100 + Nuforce HAP-100 (also played with damping factor here)
Schiit Asgard2 + (I lost track, but I think the Bifrost)
Some of the songs used:
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
Slayer - Criminally Insane
Livingston Taylor - Grandma's Hands
Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious
James Blake - Limit To Your Love
edit: and I have no idea what the serial # of the LCD3 was
Never been a fan of Schiit gear personally with either the LCD-3s or HD800s. Its well priced and gives pretty good price-to-performance ratios.Quote:
Umm...those are some of the very best amps with the LCD-2s that one can use.post #3364 of 55833/28/13 at 6:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
I sold the LCD-2.2 about two days after the LCD-3 landed. Right off the bat I could tell the LCD-3s was the superior headphone. To my ears they fixed all the issues I had with the LCD-2.2.
Right now the LCD-3 and the HD00 are tied for my second favorite headphone. Since the GS-X mk landed the HD800s have been getting the majority of the headtime though. They're just a great match.
My experiences as well. I sold my LCD-2 about 2 days after as well (maybe even a day later).post #3365 of 55833/28/13 at 7:51pmpost #3366 of 55833/28/13 at 9:12pmThread StarterQuote:
I designed the cabinet myself using google sketch. I went looking for the diagrams I made when I sketched it up, but I can't find it now. It's been a few years. I then had a furniture builder put it together with me.
The real tedious part was actually cutting the foam which lays on each shelf. The cube spaces created by the shelves are lined from top to bottom with quarter-inch open cell foam but on the the shelves themselves there is an extra layer of closed-cell foam underneath the open cell foam. It wasn't fun at all to do, but it seems to have protected the headphones from dust, dings and moisture fairly well.
Nothing locks here....my one regret in designing it is that I didn't create a way to protect the amps from dust.post #3367 of 55833/28/13 at 9:14pmQuote:
And what exactly is your address and where do you hide the emergency key to get in your house, oh, and i'll need the code to your security system , too. heh...I only want to listen to them honest....
Edited by bearFNF - 3/28/13 at 9:24pmpost #3368 of 55833/28/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterQuote:
hahaha ;)post #3369 of 55833/28/13 at 9:53pm
Don't laugh buddy. You know how hard those cats from Minnesota are, right? He's probably already driving your way with an ice scraper and a moose antler he's wielding as a club to come rob you. Better pack it all up and drive down to Texas. The Bronx is no longer safe.post #3370 of 55833/28/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Jazzer, but I thought the Bronx was impenetrable. NY must have become soft😀Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Don't laugh buddy. You know how hard those cats from Minnesota are, right? He's probably already driving your way with an ice scraper and a moose antler he's wielding as a club to come rob you. Better pack it all up and drive down to Texas. The Bronx is no longer safe.post #3371 of 55833/28/13 at 10:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Don't laugh buddy. You know how hard those cats from Minnesota are, right? He's probably already driving your way with an ice scraper and a moose antler he's wielding as a club to come rob you. Better pack it all up and drive down to Texas. The Bronx is no longer safe.
Problem there is I also have, uh..."connections" down in Texas. I was raised down there and transplaneted up here, too hot in Texas for this polar bear. But to the point there is no safe place to run or hide, WE will find you...... to audition the headphones of course...
Heh, just noticed where your from, I understnd your plan now. I'm in...
Edited by bearFNF - 3/28/13 at 10:12pmpost #3372 of 55833/28/13 at 10:14pm
I ask because no matter how well meaning some folks are, some simply cannot navigate the world without touching, turning, pulling, pushing. Especially Audio gear - see a knob or a switch and... Further, some aren't even aware of their movements and habits. Be it inside stores or someone's home. I've actually watched some nervous habits play out in horror.
Some things, like a transformer-coupled vacuum tube amp for example, should not be turned on & off on & off and so on. Because I'm moving shortly and will need a new audio rack anyway... I want something I can lock yet, pays attention to good sonics.post #3373 of 55833/28/13 at 10:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
Sorry, but you're gonna have to preface the amp/dac you used? While an upstream setup may work brilliantly for the LCD-2s, there is no guarantee for the LCD-3s. On say the Schiit Lyr, the differences aren't that wide as the Lyr/LCD-3s aren't a great match. But on say a LF, WA22, B22, or GS-X, the differences are far more pronounced.
Comfort wise all heads are different, so that's hard to comment on, but most prefer the softer LCD-3 pads for comfort. But as I said, all heads are different so comfort is a very personal thing.Quote:
You said that Lyr/LCD-3s aren't a great match, what's a good much for the 3, range 1 to 2K. You said also LF, WA22, B22, or GS-X was a good much for the LCD2, how about the Woo6SE? Are they good or excellent for the audeze?post #3374 of 55833/28/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
P.O.S? Preferred Over Sennheisers?post #3375 of 55833/29/13 at 7:37amQuote:
The WA6SE with the right tubes is a great match for both headphones IMO.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 42 seconds ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 43 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear