Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 225
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3362 of 55753/28/13 at 8:39am
Of course it's the HE-6 + F1J rig. However, I think I'm going to work on a Stax rig next.
Edited by preproman - 3/28/13 at 8:40ampost #3363 of 55753/28/13 at 6:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
Schiit Mjolnir + Gungnir
Nuforce HDP + Icon2, through a speaker tap
Nuforce DAC-100 + Nuforce HAP-100 (also played with damping factor here)
Schiit Asgard2 + (I lost track, but I think the Bifrost)
Some of the songs used:
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
Slayer - Criminally Insane
Livingston Taylor - Grandma's Hands
Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious
James Blake - Limit To Your Love
edit: and I have no idea what the serial # of the LCD3 was
Never been a fan of Schiit gear personally with either the LCD-3s or HD800s. Its well priced and gives pretty good price-to-performance ratios.Quote:
Umm...those are some of the very best amps with the LCD-2s that one can use.post #3364 of 55753/28/13 at 6:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
I sold the LCD-2.2 about two days after the LCD-3 landed. Right off the bat I could tell the LCD-3s was the superior headphone. To my ears they fixed all the issues I had with the LCD-2.2.
Right now the LCD-3 and the HD00 are tied for my second favorite headphone. Since the GS-X mk landed the HD800s have been getting the majority of the headtime though. They're just a great match.
My experiences as well. I sold my LCD-2 about 2 days after as well (maybe even a day later).post #3365 of 55753/28/13 at 7:51pmpost #3366 of 55753/28/13 at 9:12pmThread StarterQuote:
I designed the cabinet myself using google sketch. I went looking for the diagrams I made when I sketched it up, but I can't find it now. It's been a few years. I then had a furniture builder put it together with me.
The real tedious part was actually cutting the foam which lays on each shelf. The cube spaces created by the shelves are lined from top to bottom with quarter-inch open cell foam but on the the shelves themselves there is an extra layer of closed-cell foam underneath the open cell foam. It wasn't fun at all to do, but it seems to have protected the headphones from dust, dings and moisture fairly well.
Nothing locks here....my one regret in designing it is that I didn't create a way to protect the amps from dust.post #3367 of 55753/28/13 at 9:14pmQuote:
And what exactly is your address and where do you hide the emergency key to get in your house, oh, and i'll need the code to your security system , too. heh...I only want to listen to them honest....
Edited by bearFNF - 3/28/13 at 9:24pmpost #3368 of 55753/28/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterQuote:
hahaha ;)post #3369 of 55753/28/13 at 9:53pm
Don't laugh buddy. You know how hard those cats from Minnesota are, right? He's probably already driving your way with an ice scraper and a moose antler he's wielding as a club to come rob you. Better pack it all up and drive down to Texas. The Bronx is no longer safe.post #3370 of 55753/28/13 at 10:01pmQuote:Jazzer, but I thought the Bronx was impenetrable. NY must have become soft😀Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Don't laugh buddy. You know how hard those cats from Minnesota are, right? He's probably already driving your way with an ice scraper and a moose antler he's wielding as a club to come rob you. Better pack it all up and drive down to Texas. The Bronx is no longer safe.post #3371 of 55753/28/13 at 10:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Don't laugh buddy. You know how hard those cats from Minnesota are, right? He's probably already driving your way with an ice scraper and a moose antler he's wielding as a club to come rob you. Better pack it all up and drive down to Texas. The Bronx is no longer safe.
Problem there is I also have, uh..."connections" down in Texas. I was raised down there and transplaneted up here, too hot in Texas for this polar bear. But to the point there is no safe place to run or hide, WE will find you...... to audition the headphones of course...
Heh, just noticed where your from, I understnd your plan now. I'm in...
Edited by bearFNF - 3/28/13 at 10:12pmpost #3372 of 55753/28/13 at 10:14pm
I ask because no matter how well meaning some folks are, some simply cannot navigate the world without touching, turning, pulling, pushing. Especially Audio gear - see a knob or a switch and... Further, some aren't even aware of their movements and habits. Be it inside stores or someone's home. I've actually watched some nervous habits play out in horror.
Some things, like a transformer-coupled vacuum tube amp for example, should not be turned on & off on & off and so on. Because I'm moving shortly and will need a new audio rack anyway... I want something I can lock yet, pays attention to good sonics.post #3373 of 55753/28/13 at 10:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
Sorry, but you're gonna have to preface the amp/dac you used? While an upstream setup may work brilliantly for the LCD-2s, there is no guarantee for the LCD-3s. On say the Schiit Lyr, the differences aren't that wide as the Lyr/LCD-3s aren't a great match. But on say a LF, WA22, B22, or GS-X, the differences are far more pronounced.
Comfort wise all heads are different, so that's hard to comment on, but most prefer the softer LCD-3 pads for comfort. But as I said, all heads are different so comfort is a very personal thing.Quote:
You said that Lyr/LCD-3s aren't a great match, what's a good much for the 3, range 1 to 2K. You said also LF, WA22, B22, or GS-X was a good much for the LCD2, how about the Woo6SE? Are they good or excellent for the audeze?post #3374 of 55753/28/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
P.O.S? Preferred Over Sennheisers?post #3375 of 55753/29/13 at 7:37amQuote:
The WA6SE with the right tubes is a great match for both headphones IMO.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 19 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › An all too common fight – the HE400x vs the HD6xx 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing lifetime Upgrades by Vibro Labs 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Lotoo PAW 5000 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear