Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 149

post #2221 of 5199
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohnx View Post

 

MSB is hogwash no offense.

 

You discuss the amps but you don't relate what your impressions were to the amps. Major flaw and basically nullifies the entire review for me personally.

Most headphones when driven by any good mid to high end amps aren't going to change their "sonic character" that much if at all, as long as they are being fed the appropriate amount of power. A better amp will improve the sound sure, but not the actual signature. Your use of words such as "hogwash" is really a bit silly and you are only demonstrating a rather childish mental altitude. If you are expecting an intelligent argument then at least provide one or troll somewhere else please.

post #2222 of 5199

Some people are taking this thread too seriously.

 

However I do agree about the multiple revisions being a deterrent to buying something. You save up your hard earned money and then buy what you saved up for. Not too long after a new revision comes out and that's something you don't want to see. It's not limited to Audeze however as that's a reason why I won't buy an Audio GD product as well. 

 

Also having heard every LCD2 revision that I am aware of they are all dark compared to the majority of headphones out there regardless of source and amp.

post #2223 of 5199
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

Some people are taking this thread too seriously.

 

However I do agree about the multiple revisions being a deterrent to buying something. You save up your hard earned money and then buy what you saved up for. Not too long after a new revision comes out and that's something you don't want to see. It's not limited to Audeze however as that's a reason why I won't buy an Audio GD product as well. 

 

Also having heard every LCD2 revision that I am aware of they are all dark compared to the majority of headphones out there regardless of source and amp.

Precisely.  I bought the v1 towards the end of it's sell date.  I didn't like it, it was so rolled on top.  Lot of flames about that.  Then, I learned that there was a v2 and I said to myself, self, don't fall for that, it's not going to be any brighter than the other version. smile.gif

post #2224 of 5199

The way i see it, even tough David did a colossal work of comparing this many headphones, SOHNX is still in title to is opinion, just like David gave us his in his reviews, also, when reviewing this many headphones, odds are that you're going to step on a few toes, that being said, you can disagree with someone without making nasty comments.

 

Regarding Audeze's revisions of the LCD2s, i understand that it might be frustrating for those who own the rev1 version, but what is Audeze supposed to do, wait a year or two to come out with the improved version of their products even tough they have new desing ready to be implemented, in my opinion, this is part of the risk someone takes for being an early adopter.

 

Audeze are not the only ones who make changes relatively often, Grado for example, has made three versions of their PS1000s, a matte finish, a satin finish,  and now they're chromed, i know that these are only cosmetic changes and have no bearing on the sound quality, but to some peoples, looks is important, just look at the ''Diamond Tears''.


Edited by stacker45 - 1/6/13 at 5:36pm
post #2225 of 5199

David, you can borrow my LCD2 Rev 2s if you want (almost new; 'got LCD3s shortly after and need to sell them --the LCD2s-- when I get time).

post #2226 of 5199

Awesome, just wanted to add thanks for your hard work. I really enjoyed the read. Posts like these don't come along very often.

post #2227 of 5199
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs9200m View Post

David, you can borrow my LCD2 Rev 2s if you want (almost new; 'got LCD3s shortly after and need to sell them --the LCD2s-- when I get time).

Thank you for the offer:) I'll let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_w View Post

Awesome, just wanted to add thanks for your hard work. I really enjoyed the read. Posts like these don't come along very often.

Thanks Jesse:)

 

post #2228 of 5199

Excellent reviews!  I agree with the reviews and rankings for all the headphones listed that I've heard.
 

post #2229 of 5199

As someone who has owned Rev1 and owns now Rev2,I am surprised that Audeze's Sankar thinks they"are nearly identical"(see David's post somewhere above) in sound!

A lot of people who have owned both,do favour one or the other.....because they are NOT identical:not even "nearly"!

post #2230 of 5199

Yup I enjoy the read as well.  Thanks for your time and effort.

 

Cheers
 

post #2231 of 5199
I know people how say REV2 is better, but i also know people saying REV1 ist better.
I think, both might have done the right decision, there is a spread for standard factory models.
post #2232 of 5199

Lol @ those seeking validation for their LCD-2 rev.2 purchase. Imagine the backlash if Dave were to succumb to pressure and review the latest iteration... only to rank it below the rev.1. My God... it would be so entertaining. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #2233 of 5199
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

Lol @ those seeking validation for their LCD-2 rev.2 purchase. Imagine the backlash if Dave were to succumb to pressure and review the latest iteration... only to rank it below the rev.1. My God... it would be so entertaining. very_evil_smiley.gif

 

+1

post #2234 of 5199

lcd 2 rev 2 was much better than rev 1 for me. I sold the rev 1s because they were woozy in the mids and glary in a certain part of the lower treble and rolled off in the high treble

and they actually made me nauseous sometimes. The Rev 2s were much tighter and I like them a lot (but LCD3s are even better and are among my top favorites). all my 2 cents of course.

post #2235 of 5199

Same here,but when the guy who "creates" them says they are "nearly identical",then we must have a hearing problem....or he has!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)