or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 141

post #2101 of 5356
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

Always gotta stay one step ahead!

haha, well i can't do the twostep beerchug.gif

post #2102 of 5356

This is great, I've read it so many times.

post #2103 of 5356
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuggetsPie View Post

This is great, I've read it so many times.

Thanks!! I hope there's not too many typos:)

post #2104 of 5356
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

Thanks!! I hope there's not too many typos:)

:) No there aren't,  it helped me to decide on buying the Q701!

post #2105 of 5356

Great review !  I would like to know if your ranking holds good regardless of whether the music source was desktop or portable. For example, would you rate the LCD-3s at #8 for both sources of music ?

post #2106 of 5356

HI David! I have been reading this forum for many years now and reading different topics about my favorite hobby. I never bothered to register until today just to thank you for your extraordinary effort and great reviews! Thanks.


Edited by muxamed - 1/3/13 at 12:38am
post #2107 of 5356
Quote:
Not overkill at all.  It's many ways to have the B22 configured.  You may want a 2 channel..

 

It's a 4 channel balanced ;)

 

 

 

Quote:
The HD800 are like a pet.... the more you love them, the more they love you back......

LOL

 

@DavidMahler : my 2 cents about the SR507. I have paired it with a SR007t, It tends to be bit cold. It beats the HD800 non amped. When I want to sell it, it was connected to the normal connector, but I have found that it must connected to a pro connector. The difference was immediatly here, more weight and bass slam. For electronic music it is great because it offers a very fast decay with clarity and detail...it is more fun to listen than a HD800 but can be fatiguing for long session and it doesn't provide the HD800's comfort.

 

Well it's not a fair game because the HD800 is not amped, we will see if my first impression is okay. But I believe that have the same ears and taste because when I read your comparison it's so similar to what I think.


Edited by Hun7er - 1/3/13 at 2:37am
post #2108 of 5356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun7er View Post

 

It's a 4 channel balanced ;)

 

 

That's what I have my gain is set to 8X .  Who was the builder?  That amp is one of the best all around amps out there.  Pairs well with just about anything..

post #2109 of 5356
post #2110 of 5356

Oh yeah - That builder knows how to build..

post #2111 of 5356

beautiful! wow!wink.gif
 

post #2112 of 5356
post #2113 of 5356
Thread Starter 
Hey everyone. I haven't had the chance to respond to recent comments (I will) but I wanted to comment that several of the headphones have the wrong photo assigned to them right now. I am not certain as to why as I haven't edited anything recently. I will fix this when I'm by a computer
post #2114 of 5356
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNuggetsPie View Post

:) No there aren't,  it helped me to decide on buying the Q701!

Nice! The irony is that the Q701 is not included in my review:)  (I know, i know, its supposedly the same as the K701/2) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

Great review !  I would like to know if your ranking holds good regardless of whether the music source was desktop or portable. For example, would you rate the LCD-3s at #8 for both sources of music ?

I'm not sure how you mean exactly.  The LCD-3 is not a portable headphone.  It is too heavy, and in need of amplification.  It also would most probably encounter damage if used while on the go, and it is a open back headphone.  The ranking was based purely on my own opinion of its sound quality when paired with my system (and I always went with the best [IMO] pairing that I had)  You can get a lot out of a desktop system however.  If I didn't understand your point, please let me know, I'll be happy to recomment on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post

HI David! I have been reading this forum for many years now and reading different topics about my favorite hobby. I never bothered to register until today just to thank you for your extraordinary effort and great reviews! Thanks.

Wow! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun7er View Post

 

It's a 4 channel balanced ;)

 

 

 

LOL

 

@DavidMahler : my 2 cents about the SR507. I have paired it with a SR007t, It tends to be bit cold. It beats the HD800 non amped. When I want to sell it, it was connected to the normal connector, but I have found that it must connected to a pro connector. The difference was immediatly here, more weight and bass slam. For electronic music it is great because it offers a very fast decay with clarity and detail...it is more fun to listen than a HD800 but can be fatiguing for long session and it doesn't provide the HD800's comfort.

 

Well it's not a fair game because the HD800 is not amped, we will see if my first impression is okay. But I believe that have the same ears and taste because when I read your comparison it's so similar to what I think.

That sounds about right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

Hey everyone. I haven't had the chance to respond to recent comments (I will) but I wanted to comment that several of the headphones have the wrong photo assigned to them right now. I am not certain as to why as I haven't edited anything recently. I will fix this when I'm by a computer


Hmm, it was showing different on my iPhone than it does on the computer, weird

post #2115 of 5356

Thanks David for this informative, extremely well-organized piece, and sometimes even entertaining piece.

 

It really is people like you, people who are knowledgeable, articulate, and passionate about the hobby, that makes life so much easier for the rest of us novices.

 

Can't wait until you expand the list, but I am thinking that you have already done so much, I don't even want to trouble you and ask for specific reviews, I will just wait for your additions as they come.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)