Senheiser hd 650, hd 800 & the hifiman HE-500 racked up some A's like a boss
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 11post #151 of 560411/1/12 at 6:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 560411/1/12 at 6:30am
Epic. You gave a much better summary of each of those headphones than I ever could. I think we'll be referring to this review for many years to come.
I want your DAC, by the way.post #153 of 560411/1/12 at 6:33ampost #154 of 560411/1/12 at 6:38ampost #155 of 560411/1/12 at 6:38am
Glad to see such great marks for the DT880. Of course I'm going to be a cheerleader for my own headphone, but I feel like they kind of got shoved aside over the years now that all the newer (and uber-expensive) cans have come out. You're absolutely right. They're a phenomenal value, especially if you managed to snag a pair before the price started creeping up over the last few years. At the $250 I paid, they're an absolute steal. Non-stop listening bliss since I got them, and impressive build quality and comfort.
I was also pleased to see you mention the DT660. I've never tried it, and it's barely mentioned on Head-Fi. HeadRoom doesn't currently sell it. In fact, apart from the customer-submitted content on Amazon and other consumer retailer sites, I know of only one other review of it (along with its big brother, the DT860):
Edited by Argyris - 11/1/12 at 6:40ampost #156 of 560411/1/12 at 6:41am
Great thread here :) I can see why it took over a year to write this up. I skimmed through some parts of it but when I get the chance I'll read it all later today. I agree with most of it that I've read such as the DT880, HD800, HE6, etc. I do wish you had the AD2k however as that's one of my favoritepost #157 of 560411/1/12 at 6:46ampost #158 of 560411/1/12 at 7:07ampost #159 of 560411/1/12 at 7:08ampost #160 of 560411/1/12 at 7:10ampost #161 of 560411/1/12 at 7:18ampost #162 of 560411/1/12 at 7:21ampost #163 of 560411/1/12 at 7:26ampost #164 of 560411/1/12 at 7:27am
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 30 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MOTU interfaces and asynchronous USB transfer mode 3 minutes ago
- › MEMT X5 In Ear Earphone by B9Scrambler
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear