- 36 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Auckland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 10post #136 of 558311/1/12 at 4:38amWill this be available as a PDF?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 558311/1/12 at 4:45ampost #138 of 558311/1/12 at 4:59ampost #139 of 558311/1/12 at 5:05ampost #140 of 558311/1/12 at 5:07am
All I can say is WOW THANK YOU! Your reviews match my experiences of the same headphones I have tried very accurately, although I definitely would personally not put the HD600/HD650 in front of the JH13 because the JH13 sounds all round much better to me.
However, the value of the HD600 is tremendous. I paid only $128 (in Australia too, where everything is much more overpriced here) for my HD580 and they bring me much listening joy for my more casual laid back listening sessions.
This thread has really made me re-think my stance on the JH13 Pro quite a bit.
Edited by ProjectDenz - 11/1/12 at 5:16ampost #141 of 558311/1/12 at 5:17amWow, just spent a few hours glued to my computer screen.
The most epic review thread yet! (Who's gonna top it? :P)
The Head-Fi community will be thanking you for years to come.post #142 of 558311/1/12 at 5:17ampost #143 of 558311/1/12 at 5:40ampost #144 of 558311/1/12 at 5:46ampost #145 of 558311/1/12 at 5:57ampost #146 of 558311/1/12 at 6:01ampost #147 of 558311/1/12 at 6:02am
Glad to see you gave the Shure 1840s some love.
However, I can think of 2 headphones that you may have missed.
Audio Technicas ATH-AD2000
My new found love is with some of the Audio Technicas. No I have to take a listen to the AD900s. Are the still available?
I see you compared things according to price as well. That's great - but how would they stack up if price was not an object?
One more thing. Maybe you can stick some of the Modded Fostex headphones in there as well - that's available for public purchase like:
Edited by preproman - 11/1/12 at 6:17ampost #148 of 558311/1/12 at 6:02ampost #149 of 558311/1/12 at 6:04am
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 4 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 6 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear