- 36 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Auckland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) - Page 10post #136 of 537011/1/12 at 4:38amWill this be available as a PDF?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 537011/1/12 at 4:45ampost #138 of 537011/1/12 at 4:59ampost #139 of 537011/1/12 at 5:05ampost #140 of 537011/1/12 at 5:07am
All I can say is WOW THANK YOU! Your reviews match my experiences of the same headphones I have tried very accurately, although I definitely would personally not put the HD600/HD650 in front of the JH13 because the JH13 sounds all round much better to me.
However, the value of the HD600 is tremendous. I paid only $128 (in Australia too, where everything is much more overpriced here) for my HD580 and they bring me much listening joy for my more casual laid back listening sessions.
This thread has really made me re-think my stance on the JH13 Pro quite a bit.
Edited by ProjectDenz - 11/1/12 at 5:16ampost #141 of 537011/1/12 at 5:17amWow, just spent a few hours glued to my computer screen.
The most epic review thread yet! (Who's gonna top it? :P)
The Head-Fi community will be thanking you for years to come.post #142 of 537011/1/12 at 5:17ampost #143 of 537011/1/12 at 5:40ampost #144 of 537011/1/12 at 5:46ampost #145 of 537011/1/12 at 5:57ampost #146 of 537011/1/12 at 6:01ampost #147 of 537011/1/12 at 6:02am
Glad to see you gave the Shure 1840s some love.
However, I can think of 2 headphones that you may have missed.
Audio Technicas ATH-AD2000
My new found love is with some of the Audio Technicas. No I have to take a listen to the AD900s. Are the still available?
I see you compared things according to price as well. That's great - but how would they stack up if price was not an object?
One more thing. Maybe you can stick some of the Modded Fostex headphones in there as well - that's available for public purchase like:
Edited by preproman - 11/1/12 at 6:17ampost #148 of 537011/1/12 at 6:02ampost #149 of 537011/1/12 at 6:04am
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › What should I use to power my HD650s for PC gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Galaxy Note 5 Audio Quality 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 10 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2