No, HE400 are much more efficient.. HE500 probably won't sound much on a portable such as leckerton..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 65post #961 of 471611/16/12 at 11:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 471611/16/12 at 11:43ampost #963 of 471611/16/12 at 11:45am
Well, if you imagine glare on a window from the sun and you can't see clearly because your eyes are squinting. The upper frequencies if they have "glare" is similar. Theres an extra artificial "sheen" which can be annoying. This is normally cause by irregular peaks. Makes your ears squint! IMO the HE500's have a little bit "glare" but the LCD2.2 don't.
(don't ask me what "sheen" means in audio terms )post #965 of 471611/16/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
I had he300, he400 and now 500..and to be honest..the best phone to be driving directly from a light amp would be the he400 followed by the he300...for he500 u need at least 1watt rms per channel...and better to have 2-3 rms...thats what headdirect told me in a reply by mail..and also what my ears confirmed to me in person:Dpost #966 of 471611/16/12 at 12:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Glare in upper mids is a completely nonsense with LCD-2... You can even see a graph for every particular phone, this is a strong advantage of Audezes! The bass and mids is the best you can get in terms of neutrality! LCD-3 could possibly have a better detail or some sort of clever resonance in order to achieve more enjoyable experience but so far I haven't seen a graph of LCD-3 with more neutral mids and bass than you will get with LCD-2!
A glare in frequencies around 10 khz is maybe hearable for someone's ears with LCD-2 but they are for sure nowhere near HE-500 in terms of stronger emphasis than ideal (not saying HE-500 are bad in any way, actually they are the second best phones up to 1000USD IMHO). :-)
Absolutely agree.post #967 of 471611/16/12 at 12:14pmpost #969 of 471611/16/12 at 12:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Thanks, it helps to see at least someone understand my point of view as I am trying to be as objective as possible here to not confuse other people with my personal feelings that do not apply to everyone... Both HE-500 and LCD-2 rev2 are extremely great phones in terms of neutrality and value for your money!
I see in your signature you own both headphones...? - Can you compare the bass on both phones to each other in terms of neutrality/natural feeling? You can add anything on both phones' sound if you feel it is worth mentioning!
I appreciate your view because you are straight talking and don't try to be an expert. I'm no expert by the way, just trying to be honest as well because I love this hobby and ive been in it for along time.
Anyways, regarding the bass on both HE500/LCD2.2 Although the bass on the hifimans is very enjoyable, and by that I mean it has oomph, power and extents satifyingly low. It can be a bit loose, and a little detached. Because of this you notice it creeping onto the mids. I don't have high end amplifiers so that may be a factor. Although the price of the HE500 should reflect what amps it should be married with and mid price ones should be perfectly adequate.
The LCD2's bass is just right for me, it's deep and natural (not as much quantity as he500) and blends perfectly flowing into the mids without any problems at all. The whole sound is very cohesive, theres no bass- mid -treb, just one whole sound. And that for me is the beauty of these cans and something that I've not heard before. Nearly with the 650's, but they had the infamous mid bass humb.
You could say I'm very happy with Audeze!post #971 of 471611/16/12 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by MHOE
Well, at least I am not trying to be an expert in areas where I have no idea what I am talking about...
In terms of amplifiers and DACs, I just own O2 w/ ODAC with an option to switch gain resistors to any value from 1x to 12x so I basically have neutral and still extremely versatile amp/DAC for powering different phones to my satisfaction. It has been proved by measurements that both O2 and ODAC are extremely valuable for their money and outperforms many many of pricier units... Even Tyll from innerfidelity claims it as a top performer. So this is all I need and have no plans for buying anything else here.
Thank you for the info about bass and their cooperation with mids... I think HD650 are very very nice as well - the emphasis is for sure present but I am still quite sad they are not closed - I would buy them for sure to have more confy and isolating pair, along with LCD-2 rev2 for pure performance!
Both HE-500 and LCD-2rev2 are extremely nice phones for every kind of application and it has been proved by measurements. Everyone who is reading this and would like to own just a one pair of headphones for everything for up to 1000USD, I would strongly recommend one of those two. There are for sure differences from their measurements and I am willing to talk about them if anyone is interested... But basically both perform excellently!
I'm in the market for one of the two. Which is more comfortable for long listening sessions?
Schiit Bifrost -> Lyr - > HE-500 is what I'm looking at right now.post #972 of 471611/16/12 at 1:08pmpost #975 of 471611/16/12 at 1:14pmQuote:
There are conflicting opinions regarding comfort with these two. I find the HE500's more comfortable for long listening sessions with the velour pads. The leather pads on the Audeze can make your ears sweat and if you listen lying down with cushion or pillow, the clamp pressure can be uncomfortable. Both are quite heavy but it didn't take me long to adjust to them.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 4 seconds ago
- › Electrodynamic and electrostatic headphones now obsolete ? 24 seconds ago
- › Numbers,.... Male vs Female HeadFiers? 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 55 seconds ago
- › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › knife-fi? 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe