Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 36

post #526 of 4976
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGF View Post

Where can I get a high resolution version of the picture quoted above?

 


 

image 1: 

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/KE0WZBsQUO/

 


Image 2:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/2Loji2TFt/

 

some people have asked me what the wood section is underneath the right side of the display section.  It is an isolation chamber with flip-top door for hard drives, if and when I will resume using a computer or server.

post #527 of 4976

Hey David, thanks for the epic review. I'm wondering if you use stock HD600 for the review without any mods on the headphone itself (besides the cable)?

 

Thank you.

post #528 of 4976
I agree that the best part of the W5000 is the suitcase that it comes in atsmile.gif
post #529 of 4976

^^^

My God, I almost spit my coffee off biggrin.gif

post #530 of 4976

why is my lcd-2 placed after hd800? I bought it after head-fiers reportedly told me audeze's were superior than hd800 frown.gif

post #531 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

why is my lcd-2 placed after hd800? I bought it after head-fiers reportedly told me audeze's were superior than hd800 frown.gif

 

preferences bro... preferences.

post #532 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

 

preferences bro... preferences.

now I'm compelled to sell mine... but wait.. wouldn't this review potentially lower the prices for all lcd-2/3's?mad.gif

post #533 of 4976

Thank you for this amazing review.  The "FOR THE PRICE" ratings alone make this absolutely invaluable.  As mentioned previously, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the HE-400. 

post #534 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

now I'm compelled to sell mine... but wait.. wouldn't this review potentially lower the prices for all lcd-2/3's?mad.gif

you're putting too much on one man's opinion.  This isn't a bible and I don't think David wants it seen that way either.  If you enjoy your headphones then just enjoy them.  There will never be consensus on every single item out there.

post #535 of 4976

Wow.

 

Amazing job David!

post #536 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00birdy View Post

you're putting too much on one man's opinion.  This isn't a bible and I don't think David wants it seen that way either.  If you enjoy your headphones then just enjoy them.  There will never be consensus on every single item out there.

ah I must be a little paranoid. But seeing this review of almost all flagship models reviewed by one person, gives a whole different perspective. Instead of relying on multiple people's review, which can distort credibility, here we see David, who seems pretty un-biased, reviewing most flagships. This review provides one person's "perspective," which a group fails to bring in proper manner(not criticizing head-fi). what multiple people can't do is give one-sided opinion of a product. Instead, we tend to combine all reviewers perspective, giving us more of a "generic" aspect. In that sense, David's review is indeed a bible.

post #537 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

why is my lcd-2 placed after hd800? I bought it after head-fiers reportedly told me audeze's were superior than hd800 frown.gif

 

Head-Fi told me the LCD-2 was the greatest thing ever. Head-Fi told me the HD800 was a brittle, ear piercing analytical tool devoid of soul. Head-Fi told me the HD650 was a slow, veiled and boring headphone.

 

The HD800 remains, and continues to impress. The LCD-2 was a disappointment I lived with for 12 months. I understand the praise, but I also think it's overstated. The HD650 is gone but will soon be brought back into the stable. It may just be my favourite out of the 3.

 

Never take Head-Fi as gospel.

post #538 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

ah I must be a little paranoid. But seeing this review of almost all flagship models reviewed by one person, gives a whole different perspective. Instead of relying on multiple people's review, which can distort credibility, here we see David, who seems pretty un-biased, reviewing most flagships. This review provides one person's "perspective," which a group fails to bring in proper manner(not criticizing head-fi). what multiple people can't do is give one-sided opinion of a product. Instead, we tend to combine all reviewers perspective, giving us more of a "generic" aspect. In that sense, David's review is indeed a bible.

You shouldn't let it influence you that much. Personally, I much prefer the HD800's to the lcd 2; but vs the lcd 3 it's a gamble. Then again, it depends on your music library and tastes in sound signature. I don't listen to much pop, hip hop or bassy electronic music; so to me the lcd-2's aren't my cup of tea. But if those are your genres, and have a library of music that isn't all high quality... and most importantly, want the thumping sub-bass to get your head bopping; then yes, the lcd2 are your best bet!

 

And sometimes it's good to have a forgiving headphone as an alternative, as it lets you simply enjoy the music and relax.

post #539 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler28nm View Post

why is my lcd-2 placed after hd800? I bought it after head-fiers reportedly told me audeze's were superior than hd800 frown.gif

He has a preference for colder or more analytical headphones due to listening to a lot of classical music. That the LCD2s made it as high as they did is testament to their quality.

Personally the HD800s stabbingly bright treble and overly analytical nature is a turn-off and most people tend to prefer the Audeze's sound sig. Tyll too rates them better than the HD800 but it's all about preference. Hopefully David will add the Rev 2 in the future, but until then trust your own ears and not someone else's biggrin.gif
post #540 of 4976
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

Then again, it depends on your music library and tastes in sound signature. 

 

kepler28mn and do not forget it is on David system. For example I really like Westone, MS Pro, K1000 and their rankings is not the best here but David did not write nothing bad I think he described them very very well. And for another example I do not like headphone lilke Denons and Ultrasone for some reasons. Many people also told here that if David has real quality speaker amp for HE6 it could be even better and for Audeze there could be also better match for example, just too much stuff around hifi, not possible try everything. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)