IMO, he's pretty much done with reviews. Hope I'm wrong.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 3/10/15
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 330post #4936 of 50538/17/14 at 6:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 50538/29/14 at 9:23pm
I'd be interested to see the T5p reviewed here. It's a match to the T1 and is tied in their minds to the T1 as a flagship. I have to say that I prefer it to the Alpha Dog and every other closed headphone I've tried. Don't get me wrong, I don't think a closed headphone can do what an open one can, but when you need closed, you need closed. I have a T5p that was just modified to HD 800 connectors I could send for reviews if necessary.post #4938 of 50539/2/14 at 3:34pmpost #4939 of 50539/2/14 at 9:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by schalliol
I'd be interested to see the T5p reviewed here. It's a match to the T1 and is tied in their minds to the T1 as a flagship. I have to say that I prefer it to the Alpha Dog and every other closed headphone I've tried. Don't get me wrong, I don't think a closed headphone can do what an open one can, but when you need closed, you need closed. I have a T5p that was just modified to HD 800 connectors I could send for reviews if necessary.post #4940 of 50539/3/14 at 4:00amQuote:
Huh? Could you please be more specific before screaming (6 exclamation points, really?) at people who are being polite? Perhaps we missed something in this very very long thread, but at least in my case I searched the thread for the headphones I was requesting and I didn't see why they shouldn't be included. The T5p is tied with the T1 as a Beyerdynamic flagship and I'm just offering mine for a test.post #4941 of 50539/3/14 at 6:39am
The topic creator's health and relationship suffered while he was making the initial review, and since then he's stopped and sold off a bit of his collection. I don't think he'll be adding anything to this review anytime soon-- if at all.post #4942 of 50539/3/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #4943 of 50539/4/14 at 3:57amThat's quite sad. I know the reviews are personal, but I wonder if there's a way to keep the database alive. I suppose because it is subjective there isn't a way to do this reasonably. Thanks for the note.post #4944 of 50539/21/14 at 6:20amQuote:
I completely agree with this, seeing that the last revision was a couple years back and a lot of new cans are introduced to the market since then. The thing I most appreciate about this review is how detailed they are compiled including the value assessment since I am just into this 'hobby'. I hope that David is well and I cannot thank him enough for compiling this list. Cheerspost #4945 of 50539/30/14 at 2:48pmpost #4946 of 505310/2/14 at 6:36pmQuote:
An epic review, I can't say I've ever seen a more comprehensive review of HP's anywhere.Quote:
It's been knocked around, heavy hitters like Skylab would be ideal, will it ever happen, who knows.
Obviously a lot of great HP's out since the original review 2 years ago.post #4947 of 505310/5/14 at 7:34am
I just wanted to thank David for this outstanding work - to be honest I have never seen a better review when comparing various high end headphones.(In fact, I´ve found only one article resembling such an amazing insight - by Michael Piskor http://headfonics.com/2014/08/12-flagship-headphones-compared-the-totl-guide/ - a similarly conceived work, however, not as comprehensive)
This is truly a fantastic guide for every headphone enthusiast. A whole book could be written based on your unique experiences !
I hope this thread will somehow continue and new high end models will be added to the mix.
I wish you all the best David ! Many thanks !post #4948 of 505310/7/14 at 1:30pmpost #4949 of 505310/7/14 at 1:50pm
it seems like the general vibe is that they are not as resolving/detailed as other flagships and do not have as good of sound stage, but they have a very pleasant smooth sound that is nice to listen to. so it just depends on what you are looking for I guess.post #4950 of 505310/10/14 at 3:42pm
Hopefully DavidMahler or another user does an updated version (or an entirely new version) of this list. With the recent new flagships that have made a splash, it would be amazing if something like this was done every year (and that's asking a lot, I know ).
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 10 seconds ago
- › Wanted Oppo PM-3 21 seconds ago
- › Help with Rock & Gaming Open Headphones. HD 600, DT 990 pro, AKG... 21 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 30 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Best (allrounder) Headphones for ~200€ (First Purchase) 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from Creative Aurvana Live? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2