Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 313

post #4681 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic View Post
 

Not sure if others have requested this, but care to add the new LCD-X into the list and see how it fares against the top 10 headphones in the list? :rolleyes:

+1

post #4682 of 4960

Great thread but the regular JH 13 is a little bit old and its new version which improves all aspect of its sound quality came out last year, i really want to see how you would rank this ciem on the board. Thanks

post #4683 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post

Great thread but the regular JH 13 is a little bit old and its new version which improves all aspect of its sound quality came out last year, i really want to see how you would rank this ciem on the board. Thanks

do you mean the FreqPhase version ?

yes I'd love to know it as well.
post #4684 of 4960

Any chance for the HD800 Revision 2013 to be added to the comparison? It seems to hold quite a significant difference to the previous years HD800.

 

post #4685 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

Any chance for the HD800 Revision 2013 to be added to the comparison? It seems to hold quite a significant difference to the previous years HD800.

 

 

 

not falling for this one again....

post #4686 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

 

not falling for this one again....

 

What about it? I heard some people says the newer HD800 sounds different than the older ones, so I went to check on the graphs and it seems they are different.

post #4687 of 4960
They seem the same... Just difference in volume eh? As well as the highs and upper mids... Which is the weak point of the "old " HD800
post #4688 of 4960

I take back what I said about the PS1000, although the price is high I would consider it if a good S/H price came around. I'm borrowing a pair from a friend of mine and they are a lot nicer with the right recordings than what I have given them credit for. Key is the right recordings though, Jazz is very nice and vivid with them. I think they are perfect for some of my darkest rock recordings. I have enough ~2500 jazz, acoustic tracks that these sound very nice with. Currently enjoying Portico Quartet with them.

 

I doubt I would buy them as my only headphone though, I'd go that way with the HE-500 probably as an all rounder. Still a interesting complimentary can for a collector I'm sure.

 


It helps that I listen rather quietly a lot of the time at night here though ~ they sound better lower than most headphones typically do. Loudness curves and all

post #4689 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

 

not falling for this one again....

LOL

post #4690 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

What about it? I heard some people says the newer HD800 sounds different than the older ones, so I went to check on the graphs and it seems they are different.

 

Differences in old and new HD800? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646871/new-hd-800-very-different-than-the-old-hd-800

post #4691 of 4960

Philips Fidelio X1 & Sony MDR-MA900

post #4692 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

LOL

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62ohm View Post
 

 

What about it? I heard some people says the newer HD800 sounds different than the older ones, so I went to check on the graphs and it seems they are different.

 

well this happened on the beyer thread not too long ago.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

Oh look, its the new T1 version frequency response!

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owners-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/5370#post_9785312

 

after some hype and discussion....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

Girls and boys, its a joke, just a little social experiment so to speak. You all failed btw. biggrin.gif.
There is no new T1. These are not T1 2013 graphs, you can go to headroom and check, which nobody did apparently lol.
I made that in MS Paint in about 3 minutes because I wanted to see how people will react, and already I see the people change their minds about how their headphones sound or feel the need to buy a new pair of headphones or pair theirs with a different amp. It took 3 minutes for me to do that, now imagine what the marketing teams of manufacturers do to you with hundreds of thousands of dollars in budget.

dt880smile.png
 
 
so now i don't trust those...
post #4693 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

 

well this happened on the beyer thread not too long ago.

 

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owners-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/5370#post_9785312

 

after some hype and discussion....

 

 

L.O.L .  Extremely funny & interesting !

post #4694 of 4960

Except the fact that the fake Beyer one was never on their site, while the Sennheiser one actually is ~ let alone some who think there is a different from listening themselves - including David himself whose impression backs up that graph sonically.


Edited by Saren - 12/3/13 at 3:25am
post #4695 of 4960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

 

well this happened on the beyer thread not too long ago.

 

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owners-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/5370#post_9785312

 

after some hype and discussion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

Girls and boys, its a joke, just a little social experiment so to speak. You all failed btw. biggrin.gif.
There is no new T1. These are not T1 2013 graphs, you can go to headroom and check, which nobody did apparently lol.
I made that in MS Paint in about 3 minutes because I wanted to see how people will react, and already I see the people change their minds about how their headphones sound or feel the need to buy a new pair of headphones or pair theirs with a different amp. It took 3 minutes for me to do that, now imagine what the marketing teams of manufacturers do to you with hundreds of thousands of dollars in budget.

dt880smile.png
 

 

Well check it out then, I saw this thread before about a couple weeks back,

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

Differences in old and new HD800? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646871/new-hd-800-very-different-than-the-old-hd-800

 

And it does seems like the graphs of the revised model differs from the old one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)