Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 305

post #4561 of 4937

I have both the HD700 and HE-500; in overall I like the HD700 more than the HE-500. 


Edited by pdrm360 - 9/29/13 at 2:46pm
post #4562 of 4937

anyone ever compare HD 700 to Beyerdynamic T1. i bet the T1 would destroy the HD 700.

post #4563 of 4937

Beyerdynamic T1 is one of my favorite cans too. 


Edited by pdrm360 - 9/29/13 at 2:55pm
post #4564 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

anyone ever compare HD 700 to Beyerdynamic T1. i bet the T1 would destroy the HD 700.

 

 

Never compared them side-by-side, but (IMHO) the HD700 sound likes or a bit better/worse than the T1. 

post #4565 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

 

Never compared them side-by-side, but (IMHO) the HD700 sound likes or a bit better/worse than the T1. 

 

 

how similar are they then?

 

sounds like the Hd 700 would be close to a T1, a more musical sounding version of the HD 800.

post #4566 of 4937

No, nothing really sounds like an HD700, except maybe a Grado, but even Grados don't have such a lone spike at around 5-6khz.

post #4567 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

 

how similar are they then?

 

sounds like the Hd 700 would be close to a T1, a more musical sounding version of the HD 800.

 

I found the HD700 more musical or a fun version of the HD800, though the HD800 is superior to HD700.

post #4568 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

No, nothing really sounds like an HD700, except maybe a Grado, but even Grados don't have such a lone spike at around 5-6khz.

 

post #4569 of 4937

Also HD800 vs HD700

 

post #4570 of 4937

I don't think the DT990 sounds anything like the HD700.  HD800 is closer but it doesn't have that single bothersome huge peak at 6khz.  It's more like a big plateau in the upper mids and treble, which isn't as annoying but still not to my tastes.

post #4571 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

Also HD800 vs HD700

 

 

Let's try it without the generous smoothing filters...

 

post #4572 of 4937

ok so the HD 700 is slightly peakier and more U shaped from the looks of the graph, small but noticeable.

post #4573 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

 

Let's try it without the generous smoothing filters...

 

 

How did you get this? 

post #4574 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

I don't think the DT990 sounds anything like the HD700.  HD800 is closer but it doesn't have that single bothersome huge peak at 6khz.  It's more like a big plateau in the upper mids and treble, which isn't as annoying but still not to my tastes.

 

I didn't mean the HD700 sounds like the DT990, but DT990 has a lone spike at around 8~9 KHz.

post #4575 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

How did you get this? 

 

Take the link from the headroom page, subtract 1 from each of the headphone id numbers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)