I feel bad about your recent experience. Wishing you full restoration!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 265post #3961 of 49396/18/13 at 9:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3962 of 49396/18/13 at 10:30ampost #3963 of 49396/18/13 at 11:09amDavid I had a similar experience. It took me about 8 months to recover. I now only have a slight ringing when the room is quiet.
I now carry earplugs in my car. Had to use them to chaperone a dance the other day.post #3964 of 49396/18/13 at 11:53am
I've only had a couple of real damaging experiences. The first was when I was seated directly in front of a 3-story high speaker stack at an Emerson Lake and Powell(!) concert.
The second was when I tried to adapt to the treble spike of the HE-5, HiFiMAN's first attempt at an orthodynamic headphone. Pretty sure this was worse.post #3965 of 49396/18/13 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by DavidMahler
Right now I have been dealing with an event out of left field, which has caused me to take a break from headphone listening for a time.
A few weeks ago, I attended a memorial day festival and it just so happens that there was a person there who brought fireworks. Typically I have worn earplugs in places where I fear my hearing could be compromised, but on this day there was no loud music so I did not use them. Well.....on this day, I happened to get a nasty blast to the ear which has caused some ringing in both of my ears. As a working musician, I have dealt with occasional ringing before, but never like this. Of course, on an emotional level I fear the worse, but I am hopeful that if I don't expose my ears to headphones/earphones/speakers for a while, that the ringing can subside. I went to an audiologist yesterday and had my hearing tested and the audiogram showed that my hearing is above and beyond the norm (of course this was a relief). They didn't test me past 12khz, but up to this point, my hearing was almost perfectly flat in both ears without any signs of hearing loss. The doctor did not feel it was necessary for me to take a break from headphone listening, but what I do find is that when I listen to in-ears especially, the ringing becomes more noticeable and then I have the sudden urge to make the music louder in order to "fight" the ringing. I don't want to do that, so I have taken it upon myself to withdraw from music listening for a time (hopefully short time).
Of course in the mean time I'm bummed out, but hopefully it will improve with time. I would have thought it would have been much more reduced at this point. To any who may have more experience with tinnitus than myself, I will mention here that the ringing is very very high. I would guess somewhere in the 15-17khz range, but more than this, my ears feel a bit plugged up.
Anyway, hopefully it subsides shortly. I am hopeful:)
Whenever my tinnitus flares up (is flare even the correct term?) is seems to be somewhere between 9-10kHz. It sucks, but I'm lucky enough that it goes away after a little while.post #3966 of 49396/18/13 at 1:39pmpost #3967 of 49396/18/13 at 3:10pmpost #3968 of 49396/18/13 at 3:32pm
I sometimes use swim ear stuff (Carbamide Peroxide by Murine) to clean my ears and that has lessened the ringing, in my case it does not go away completely but it does help. Mine sometimes get bad enough that I need white noise in the back ground to sleep.post #3969 of 49396/18/13 at 7:58pm
How does one describe a soundstage in terms of height? Width (how spread apart the instruments are laterally in your head) and depth (how far away the instruments sound in your head) make sense for a stereo recording. Height on the other hand makes no sense to me.
@ DavidMahler I'm sorry to hear about the ear ringing. That doesn't sound too pleasant to go through. Ironically I saw a commercial for this product while eating dinner today: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoflavonoid
Edited by miceblue - 6/18/13 at 8:19pmpost #3970 of 49396/19/13 at 10:59am
To the gentlepeople who know this stuff the best and as to not double-post...
...any help or feedback is appreciated.post #3971 of 49396/19/13 at 12:10pmThread Starter
Thanks for the support guys!
It's been maddening as it seems to have been accompanied by hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) especially in my left ear. But I have some slight reassurance because my audiogram was basically perfect. I'm just going to wait it out. But not getting to listen to music really at all, has been maddening all its own...and with no definitive conclusion, I of course am worried. But we'll see how it goes.... In the meantime, the only way I feel I can continue with music is by sketching musicians.... so in my free time that's what I've been doing....not much of an artist though
I'll still be answering questions here even though and in emailpost #3972 of 49396/19/13 at 1:00pm
^^ I also had the sensitivity of sound. I took several weeks off from hp's and when I did finally start back, it was at very soft levels and for short periods.
At the worst of it, even people talking loudly or myself talking loudly would hurt my ears. It did finally get better, but the relief came incredibly slowly. Hang in there and don't worry too much. Bring ear plugs with you at all times. It will get better.post #3973 of 49396/19/13 at 1:32pm
I've not yet been stricken, so I am curious - does it hurt to chew also? Or simply discomfort or something when listening to sound/music?post #3974 of 49396/19/13 at 1:45pm
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 54 seconds ago
- › Good portable amplifier for Audio Technica ATH-M50? 58 seconds ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.5 - Western Sydney Fi-Fest! 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)