Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:24am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 228post #3406 of 49474/3/13 at 12:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 49474/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.post #3408 of 49474/3/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.
I'm anxiously awaiting my HE-400 arrival to see if I enjoy the more "energetic" sound and to see if I can even hear a sq difference from the HD598 and AD700 that I already own.post #3409 of 49474/3/13 at 1:33pmpost #3410 of 49474/3/13 at 1:38pmpost #3411 of 49474/3/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
You'll notice a SQ difference from the HE-400 compared to those for sure, at least I think you should be able to quite easily. I've heard the ATH-AD700 and its a nice pair of HP's for the price but the HE-400 is much better imo and the bass is like night and day compared to the HE-400's bass.post #3412 of 49474/3/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Will you utilize the i2s input on your DAC with the '5'? Steve has been very helpful to me in the digital landscape. Wants to sell me a '5' but I'd need to fill-up a few more tea tins.post #3413 of 49474/3/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Spot on Silent One. Both DACs have it. PWD2 and the Master 7. When I ordered the Master 7 I asked for the RJ45 jack pin out match the 5.
Steves cables are crazy expensive..post #3414 of 49474/3/13 at 10:23pmpost #3415 of 49474/4/13 at 12:17ampost #3416 of 49474/4/13 at 9:52ampost #3417 of 49474/4/13 at 1:08pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I have to say I read your review of both the HE-400 and HD600 and they along with others helped me decide to get both as I have the HE-400 now and the HD600 should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
I love the HE-400 and they do sound great with electronic music / EDM with great detail and clarity along with the soundstage and presentation and some of the best bass I've heard period. The HD600 will be a nice change of pace HP because of its more laid back nature compared to the HE-400 so I'll be set for awhile and I'm so glad I switched from IEM's to HP's.
So thanks again as your reviews are quite helpful and I like the way you have them set also now I just need to figure out what HP I'm going to get next, maybe K 701 or I just need to save and get either the HE-500 or LCD-2.
Thanks! your welcome!!!Quote:
They are different sounds. The LCD-2 is fuller, more weight. It's also less comfortable IMO. Overall, if I could only have one headphone, I would choose the LCD-2 Revision 2.post #3418 of 49474/4/13 at 8:03pmQuote:
I've compared these two before. Silver back driver hd600 vs 1st gen he400 with pleather pads. The he400 was more laid back yet bassier but had more highs. The upper mids on the he400 are less aggressive than the hd600s. The senns are more neutral while the he400 is more V-shaped. I quite like the ortho sound even though its a little V-shaped though because I didn't hear any weird echoey artifacts and smearing typical of the boom-tish dynamic cans.post #3419 of 49474/5/13 at 2:23pmpost #3420 of 49474/5/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Regarding the stock pads, I prefer the Velours as it gives them a little more air and really brings out the great treble. Some prefer the pleather for a darker richer tone.
Jerg has a whole thread on modifications to the stock pads thats worth a look at.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Update On Current Status 4 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 1 minute ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info... 2 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 3 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)