Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 228post #3406 of 48404/3/13 at 12:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 48404/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.post #3408 of 48404/3/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.
I'm anxiously awaiting my HE-400 arrival to see if I enjoy the more "energetic" sound and to see if I can even hear a sq difference from the HD598 and AD700 that I already own.post #3409 of 48404/3/13 at 1:33pmpost #3410 of 48404/3/13 at 1:38pmpost #3411 of 48404/3/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
You'll notice a SQ difference from the HE-400 compared to those for sure, at least I think you should be able to quite easily. I've heard the ATH-AD700 and its a nice pair of HP's for the price but the HE-400 is much better imo and the bass is like night and day compared to the HE-400's bass.post #3412 of 48404/3/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Will you utilize the i2s input on your DAC with the '5'? Steve has been very helpful to me in the digital landscape. Wants to sell me a '5' but I'd need to fill-up a few more tea tins.post #3413 of 48404/3/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Spot on Silent One. Both DACs have it. PWD2 and the Master 7. When I ordered the Master 7 I asked for the RJ45 jack pin out match the 5.
Steves cables are crazy expensive..post #3414 of 48404/3/13 at 10:23pmpost #3415 of 48404/4/13 at 12:17ampost #3416 of 48404/4/13 at 9:52ampost #3417 of 48404/4/13 at 1:08pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I have to say I read your review of both the HE-400 and HD600 and they along with others helped me decide to get both as I have the HE-400 now and the HD600 should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
I love the HE-400 and they do sound great with electronic music / EDM with great detail and clarity along with the soundstage and presentation and some of the best bass I've heard period. The HD600 will be a nice change of pace HP because of its more laid back nature compared to the HE-400 so I'll be set for awhile and I'm so glad I switched from IEM's to HP's.
So thanks again as your reviews are quite helpful and I like the way you have them set also now I just need to figure out what HP I'm going to get next, maybe K 701 or I just need to save and get either the HE-500 or LCD-2.
Thanks! your welcome!!!Quote:
They are different sounds. The LCD-2 is fuller, more weight. It's also less comfortable IMO. Overall, if I could only have one headphone, I would choose the LCD-2 Revision 2.post #3418 of 48404/4/13 at 8:03pmQuote:
I've compared these two before. Silver back driver hd600 vs 1st gen he400 with pleather pads. The he400 was more laid back yet bassier but had more highs. The upper mids on the he400 are less aggressive than the hd600s. The senns are more neutral while the he400 is more V-shaped. I quite like the ortho sound even though its a little V-shaped though because I didn't hear any weird echoey artifacts and smearing typical of the boom-tish dynamic cans.post #3419 of 48404/5/13 at 2:23pmpost #3420 of 48404/5/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Regarding the stock pads, I prefer the Velours as it gives them a little more air and really brings out the great treble. Some prefer the pleather for a darker richer tone.
Jerg has a whole thread on modifications to the stock pads thats worth a look at.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 6 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 2 minutes ago
- › Gaming headset, possibly occasional music/movies 3 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude