Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on Yesterday at 3:24 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 228post #3406 of 49454/3/13 at 12:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 49454/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.post #3408 of 49454/3/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.
I'm anxiously awaiting my HE-400 arrival to see if I enjoy the more "energetic" sound and to see if I can even hear a sq difference from the HD598 and AD700 that I already own.post #3409 of 49454/3/13 at 1:33pmpost #3410 of 49454/3/13 at 1:38pmpost #3411 of 49454/3/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
You'll notice a SQ difference from the HE-400 compared to those for sure, at least I think you should be able to quite easily. I've heard the ATH-AD700 and its a nice pair of HP's for the price but the HE-400 is much better imo and the bass is like night and day compared to the HE-400's bass.post #3412 of 49454/3/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Will you utilize the i2s input on your DAC with the '5'? Steve has been very helpful to me in the digital landscape. Wants to sell me a '5' but I'd need to fill-up a few more tea tins.post #3413 of 49454/3/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Spot on Silent One. Both DACs have it. PWD2 and the Master 7. When I ordered the Master 7 I asked for the RJ45 jack pin out match the 5.
Steves cables are crazy expensive..post #3414 of 49454/3/13 at 10:23pmpost #3415 of 49454/4/13 at 12:17ampost #3416 of 49454/4/13 at 9:52ampost #3417 of 49454/4/13 at 1:08pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I have to say I read your review of both the HE-400 and HD600 and they along with others helped me decide to get both as I have the HE-400 now and the HD600 should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
I love the HE-400 and they do sound great with electronic music / EDM with great detail and clarity along with the soundstage and presentation and some of the best bass I've heard period. The HD600 will be a nice change of pace HP because of its more laid back nature compared to the HE-400 so I'll be set for awhile and I'm so glad I switched from IEM's to HP's.
So thanks again as your reviews are quite helpful and I like the way you have them set also now I just need to figure out what HP I'm going to get next, maybe K 701 or I just need to save and get either the HE-500 or LCD-2.
Thanks! your welcome!!!Quote:
They are different sounds. The LCD-2 is fuller, more weight. It's also less comfortable IMO. Overall, if I could only have one headphone, I would choose the LCD-2 Revision 2.post #3418 of 49454/4/13 at 8:03pmQuote:
I've compared these two before. Silver back driver hd600 vs 1st gen he400 with pleather pads. The he400 was more laid back yet bassier but had more highs. The upper mids on the he400 are less aggressive than the hd600s. The senns are more neutral while the he400 is more V-shaped. I quite like the ortho sound even though its a little V-shaped though because I didn't hear any weird echoey artifacts and smearing typical of the boom-tish dynamic cans.post #3419 of 49454/5/13 at 2:23pmpost #3420 of 49454/5/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Regarding the stock pads, I prefer the Velours as it gives them a little more air and really brings out the great treble. Some prefer the pleather for a darker richer tone.
Jerg has a whole thread on modifications to the stock pads thats worth a look at.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)