Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/1/14
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 228post #3406 of 50344/3/13 at 12:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 50344/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.post #3408 of 50344/3/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I've seen some for around that and even around $600 and a bit lower but I'm not looking to get a pair now, I'm still waiting on my HD600's to arrive to go along with my HE-400. I think those are a great combo that compliment each other very nicely because of the neutral laid back nature of the HD600 compared to the more energetic and lively sound of the HE-400.
I'm anxiously awaiting my HE-400 arrival to see if I enjoy the more "energetic" sound and to see if I can even hear a sq difference from the HD598 and AD700 that I already own.post #3409 of 50344/3/13 at 1:33pmpost #3410 of 50344/3/13 at 1:38pmpost #3411 of 50344/3/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
You'll notice a SQ difference from the HE-400 compared to those for sure, at least I think you should be able to quite easily. I've heard the ATH-AD700 and its a nice pair of HP's for the price but the HE-400 is much better imo and the bass is like night and day compared to the HE-400's bass.post #3412 of 50344/3/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Will you utilize the i2s input on your DAC with the '5'? Steve has been very helpful to me in the digital landscape. Wants to sell me a '5' but I'd need to fill-up a few more tea tins.post #3413 of 50344/3/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Spot on Silent One. Both DACs have it. PWD2 and the Master 7. When I ordered the Master 7 I asked for the RJ45 jack pin out match the 5.
Steves cables are crazy expensive..post #3414 of 50344/3/13 at 10:23pmpost #3415 of 50344/4/13 at 12:17ampost #3416 of 50344/4/13 at 9:52ampost #3417 of 50344/4/13 at 1:08pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Techno Kid
I have to say I read your review of both the HE-400 and HD600 and they along with others helped me decide to get both as I have the HE-400 now and the HD600 should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
I love the HE-400 and they do sound great with electronic music / EDM with great detail and clarity along with the soundstage and presentation and some of the best bass I've heard period. The HD600 will be a nice change of pace HP because of its more laid back nature compared to the HE-400 so I'll be set for awhile and I'm so glad I switched from IEM's to HP's.
So thanks again as your reviews are quite helpful and I like the way you have them set also now I just need to figure out what HP I'm going to get next, maybe K 701 or I just need to save and get either the HE-500 or LCD-2.
Thanks! your welcome!!!Quote:
They are different sounds. The LCD-2 is fuller, more weight. It's also less comfortable IMO. Overall, if I could only have one headphone, I would choose the LCD-2 Revision 2.post #3418 of 50344/4/13 at 8:03pmQuote:
I've compared these two before. Silver back driver hd600 vs 1st gen he400 with pleather pads. The he400 was more laid back yet bassier but had more highs. The upper mids on the he400 are less aggressive than the hd600s. The senns are more neutral while the he400 is more V-shaped. I quite like the ortho sound even though its a little V-shaped though because I didn't hear any weird echoey artifacts and smearing typical of the boom-tish dynamic cans.post #3419 of 50344/5/13 at 2:23pmpost #3420 of 50344/5/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
Regarding the stock pads, I prefer the Velours as it gives them a little more air and really brings out the great treble. Some prefer the pleather for a darker richer tone.
Jerg has a whole thread on modifications to the stock pads thats worth a look at.
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 24 seconds ago
- › which earphones will be better. 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Stax protection 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 5 minutes ago
- › Audiomica Laboratory - Flint Consequence 1m RCA (Digital Cable) 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3