Is the Jade 2 simply being considered or is it going to production?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 189post #2821 of 49612/13/13 at 1:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2822 of 49612/13/13 at 5:01pmpost #2823 of 49612/13/13 at 5:02pmpost #2824 of 49612/13/13 at 5:32pmQuote:
I'm not David, but I do happen to own both. The LCD-3's bass does pack more punch and is simply magical! But that said, I prefer the SR-009's control, detail and layering. Overall, I prefer the SR-009's bass presentation by a small margin.post #2825 of 49612/14/13 at 4:56ampost #2826 of 49612/14/13 at 8:39ampost #2827 of 49612/14/13 at 1:27pm
Such an amazing review. I keep going back to it whenever I get ideas towards new headphones. :)
Anyone else looking forward to the LCD-2.2 update?
Edited by negura - 2/14/13 at 1:33pmpost #2828 of 49612/14/13 at 1:55pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks! My LCD-3 should return this week and this will make the LCD-2.2 review sooner :)Quote:
I wish I could afford them right now. :'(Quote:
I think MacedonianHero really nailed it! The LCD-3 has a more robust and lifelike bass sound. I also really love the HE-6's bass.Quote:Originally Posted by OneSec
Again, thank you for this extensive review and your on going effort to update it. I have been following this thread on and off, but was not able to follow everything 100%, and most importantly, track on the changes that you have made on this review. While reading the entire review again is a much enjoyable experience, but I have issues tracking the changes you made, as I intend to follow up with your new discoveries and such. Just a small suggestion, is it possible for you to add Revision numbers and revision history so we can easily track the progress of this great work?
Thanks of sharing the news on Jade 2 revive - Can't wait to see her go production and get more impressions from head-fier. If its cheaper than HD800 I might be able to get my financial approval :D
Hmmm, how would I add revision #s?post #2829 of 49612/14/13 at 11:42pm
Hi David, Thanks for taking consideration on the idea, while I'm not a documentation expert, I normally see people keep their update history records by date, revision number or both. It would be a manual process I guess, as an additional session in your already great review.
First, by date, example
15/02/13 - Update description for STAX SR-009.
01/03/13 - Additional 7 headphones to the review: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
03/04/13 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.
Or, by revision number in following format x.x.x where the
First x would keep track of major changes, like revamp of the entire article, or at least 20-30 headphones added to the review
Second one would be medium changes, maybe additional of 2-3 headphones, or alteration of the headphone preferences
Last x would be minor changes, such as changing some minor description or information.
1.0.0 - Original release
1.0.1 - Updated description for SR-009.
2.0.1 - Additional 7 headphones to the list: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
2.1.0 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.
I think there is no point to included the changes you have done so far unless you still remember them. It would be easier to mark your current review as original content, and start the logging from now.
Thanks again for spending your time reading my 0.02.
Edited by OneSec - 2/14/13 at 11:44pmpost #2830 of 49612/15/13 at 5:54ampost #2831 of 49612/15/13 at 1:17pm
Great review i upgraded from the DT880 Pro to the SRH-1840 ( cottonball modded)even when not modded i feel it has alot more clarity and a wider soundstage also doesnt have the shreaking treble hahaha, a brighter sound which i like , with my zero dac the bass is enough i dont want anymore bass at all , i felt that the DT880 mashed all the instuments together when the music get "dense"( e.g johnny Cash Hurt at one point his voice gets very deep and the guitar strumming becomes very very intense and the DT880 started to distort ? i tried it on the 1840 and it maintained without distorting !!!post #2832 of 49612/15/13 at 5:10pmpost #2833 of 49612/16/13 at 12:19am
no its the file my knob is usally at the 9oclock ( 6oclock is no sound ) and songs come out normal volume in this particular song
johnny cashs voice becomes very intense and well it seems that the studio that did it for him made a db increase in that part of the song , even at low volume i hear this sound( like a plastic bag being moved) but not on the 1840spost #2834 of 49612/16/13 at 12:25am
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › looking for great headphones for mostly movies 7 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Is there any neutral closed cans with good punchy bass? 2 minutes ago
- › Need help HD 201 vs samson sr850 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)