Is the Jade 2 simply being considered or is it going to production?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 189post #2821 of 47162/13/13 at 1:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2822 of 47162/13/13 at 5:01pmpost #2823 of 47162/13/13 at 5:02pmpost #2824 of 47162/13/13 at 5:32pmQuote:
I'm not David, but I do happen to own both. The LCD-3's bass does pack more punch and is simply magical! But that said, I prefer the SR-009's control, detail and layering. Overall, I prefer the SR-009's bass presentation by a small margin.post #2825 of 47162/14/13 at 4:56ampost #2826 of 47162/14/13 at 8:39ampost #2827 of 47162/14/13 at 1:27pm
Such an amazing review. I keep going back to it whenever I get ideas towards new headphones. :)
Anyone else looking forward to the LCD-2.2 update?
Edited by negura - 2/14/13 at 1:33pmpost #2828 of 47162/14/13 at 1:55pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks! My LCD-3 should return this week and this will make the LCD-2.2 review sooner :)Quote:
I wish I could afford them right now. :'(Quote:
I think MacedonianHero really nailed it! The LCD-3 has a more robust and lifelike bass sound. I also really love the HE-6's bass.Quote:Originally Posted by OneSec
Again, thank you for this extensive review and your on going effort to update it. I have been following this thread on and off, but was not able to follow everything 100%, and most importantly, track on the changes that you have made on this review. While reading the entire review again is a much enjoyable experience, but I have issues tracking the changes you made, as I intend to follow up with your new discoveries and such. Just a small suggestion, is it possible for you to add Revision numbers and revision history so we can easily track the progress of this great work?
Thanks of sharing the news on Jade 2 revive - Can't wait to see her go production and get more impressions from head-fier. If its cheaper than HD800 I might be able to get my financial approval :D
Hmmm, how would I add revision #s?post #2829 of 47162/14/13 at 11:42pm
Hi David, Thanks for taking consideration on the idea, while I'm not a documentation expert, I normally see people keep their update history records by date, revision number or both. It would be a manual process I guess, as an additional session in your already great review.
First, by date, example
15/02/13 - Update description for STAX SR-009.
01/03/13 - Additional 7 headphones to the review: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
03/04/13 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.
Or, by revision number in following format x.x.x where the
First x would keep track of major changes, like revamp of the entire article, or at least 20-30 headphones added to the review
Second one would be medium changes, maybe additional of 2-3 headphones, or alteration of the headphone preferences
Last x would be minor changes, such as changing some minor description or information.
1.0.0 - Original release
1.0.1 - Updated description for SR-009.
2.0.1 - Additional 7 headphones to the list: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
2.1.0 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.
I think there is no point to included the changes you have done so far unless you still remember them. It would be easier to mark your current review as original content, and start the logging from now.
Thanks again for spending your time reading my 0.02.
Edited by OneSec - 2/14/13 at 11:44pmpost #2830 of 47162/15/13 at 5:54ampost #2831 of 47162/15/13 at 1:17pm
Great review i upgraded from the DT880 Pro to the SRH-1840 ( cottonball modded)even when not modded i feel it has alot more clarity and a wider soundstage also doesnt have the shreaking treble hahaha, a brighter sound which i like , with my zero dac the bass is enough i dont want anymore bass at all , i felt that the DT880 mashed all the instuments together when the music get "dense"( e.g johnny Cash Hurt at one point his voice gets very deep and the guitar strumming becomes very very intense and the DT880 started to distort ? i tried it on the 1840 and it maintained without distorting !!!post #2832 of 47162/15/13 at 5:10pmpost #2833 of 47162/16/13 at 12:19am
no its the file my knob is usally at the 9oclock ( 6oclock is no sound ) and songs come out normal volume in this particular song
johnny cashs voice becomes very intense and well it seems that the studio that did it for him made a db increase in that part of the song , even at low volume i hear this sound( like a plastic bag being moved) but not on the 1840spost #2834 of 47162/16/13 at 12:25am
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class FormHelper in /var/www/sites/huddler/releases/a7ee93ed4863ab918aa239f371803408439bb2f4/v2/system/application/libraries/helpers/Form.php on line 14