Is the Jade 2 simply being considered or is it going to production?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 11/8/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 11/8/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by Bilgates, 2/18/14
- productGrado HP-1000tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado hp 2tagged by System, 11/15/12More
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productGrado RS 2itagged by System, 11/15/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by deafanddumb, 2/17/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 11/8/12
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productStax SR-Ω (SR-Omega)tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 10tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 11/15/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- Selling off my IEMs, looking for a good full size can replacement Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 189
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'm not David, but I do happen to own both. The LCD-3's bass does pack more punch and is simply magical! But that said, I prefer the SR-009's control, detail and layering. Overall, I prefer the SR-009's bass presentation by a small margin.
Such an amazing review. I keep going back to it whenever I get ideas towards new headphones. :)
Anyone else looking forward to the LCD-2.2 update?
Edited by negura - 2/14/13 at 1:33pm
Thanks! My LCD-3 should return this week and this will make the LCD-2.2 review sooner :)
I wish I could afford them right now. :'(
I think MacedonianHero really nailed it! The LCD-3 has a more robust and lifelike bass sound. I also really love the HE-6's bass.
Again, thank you for this extensive review and your on going effort to update it. I have been following this thread on and off, but was not able to follow everything 100%, and most importantly, track on the changes that you have made on this review. While reading the entire review again is a much enjoyable experience, but I have issues tracking the changes you made, as I intend to follow up with your new discoveries and such. Just a small suggestion, is it possible for you to add Revision numbers and revision history so we can easily track the progress of this great work?
Thanks of sharing the news on Jade 2 revive - Can't wait to see her go production and get more impressions from head-fier. If its cheaper than HD800 I might be able to get my financial approval :D
Hmmm, how would I add revision #s?
Hi David, Thanks for taking consideration on the idea, while I'm not a documentation expert, I normally see people keep their update history records by date, revision number or both. It would be a manual process I guess, as an additional session in your already great review.
First, by date, example
15/02/13 - Update description for STAX SR-009.
01/03/13 - Additional 7 headphones to the review: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
03/04/13 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.
Or, by revision number in following format x.x.x where the
First x would keep track of major changes, like revamp of the entire article, or at least 20-30 headphones added to the review
Second one would be medium changes, maybe additional of 2-3 headphones, or alteration of the headphone preferences
Last x would be minor changes, such as changing some minor description or information.
1.0.0 - Original release
1.0.1 - Updated description for SR-009.
2.0.1 - Additional 7 headphones to the list: LCD2.2, Jade 2... ... etc.
2.1.0 - New comments and rating for Jade. Also with new review the phone, it has been repositioned after R10 heavy bass, pushing HD800, STAX Omega and R10 light bass 1 step down.
I think there is no point to included the changes you have done so far unless you still remember them. It would be easier to mark your current review as original content, and start the logging from now.
Thanks again for spending your time reading my 0.02.
Edited by OneSec - 2/14/13 at 11:44pm
Great review i upgraded from the DT880 Pro to the SRH-1840 ( cottonball modded)even when not modded i feel it has alot more clarity and a wider soundstage also doesnt have the shreaking treble hahaha, a brighter sound which i like , with my zero dac the bass is enough i dont want anymore bass at all , i felt that the DT880 mashed all the instuments together when the music get "dense"( e.g johnny Cash Hurt at one point his voice gets very deep and the guitar strumming becomes very very intense and the DT880 started to distort ? i tried it on the 1840 and it maintained without distorting !!!
no its the file my knob is usally at the 9oclock ( 6oclock is no sound ) and songs come out normal volume in this particular song
johnny cashs voice becomes very intense and well it seems that the studio that did it for him made a db increase in that part of the song , even at low volume i hear this sound( like a plastic bag being moved) but not on the 1840s
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 9 seconds ago
- › Central Florida Mini Meet Confirmed Sat. July 26, 2014 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Harman Kardon CL Review (Updated after burn Review) 1 minute ago
- › Looking for cheap gym IEMs (<30$) 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)