Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) - Page 154

post #2296 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Paradox.

+1. It would be really awesome to see how some of the mod community's 'flagships' stack up against the rest.

post #2297 of 4937

Paradox would be my most anticipated. 

post #2298 of 4937

Paradox reviews are so mixed, I'd also like to see that on here dt880smile.png

post #2299 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

Borat, haha... John's a great guy!

 

So, I've begun working on the new review.  It will be added hopefully early February.  

I am also probably going to be adding the LCD-2 rev. 2 into the mix at some point soon.  It's been talked about so much.


Hurry up before 2.3 hits the shelves. biggrin.gif

Kidding, can't wait, LOL on Borat/Grado.

 

This is gonna be great!


Edited by Andrew_WOT - 1/12/13 at 6:34pm
post #2300 of 4937

I'd really like to see the Q701 added to this. In the time I've had to hear them both, I prefer both the HD600 and HE-400 over the K701/2, but not over the Q701. 

post #2301 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post


I am also probably going to be adding the LCD-2 rev. 2 into the mix at some point soon.  It's been talked about so much.

Cool! L3000.gif

post #2302 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondite View Post

I'd really like to see the Q701 added to this. In the time I've had to hear them both, I prefer both the HD600 and HE-400 over the K701/2, but not over the Q701. 

If any AKG should be added, it should be the 65th Anniversary K702. Noticeably better than the Q701. No need to go with a lower model.
post #2303 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


If any AKG should be added, it should be the 65th Anniversary K702. Noticeably better than the Q701. No need to go with a lower model.

 

Hi. Do you mean "noticeably different" or "noticeably better"? I haven't compared these side by side but I have compared k702 Anniversary to a new k701 and there was no difference in SQ through a Schiit amp and a Cambridge 851 CD player as a source. OK, there was a little more weight in the Anniversary version (with all the benefits and costs) and perhaps (but only slightly) little more refinement in k702 but the sound signature is the same and there is nothing in the SQ that can justify the $200 price difference. But of course, maybe k701 is too modestly priced today. I don't want to step on your toes or anything, just asking an honest question. smile.gif


Edited by muxamed - 1/13/13 at 3:47am
post #2304 of 4937

Review the current flagship of Vsonic, the GR07 and JVC's new series, JVC HA-FXZ100 / HA-FXZ200

post #2305 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post

Hi. Do you mean "noticeably different" or "noticeably better"? I haven't compared these side by side but I have compared k702 Anniversary to a new k701 and there was no difference in SQ through a Schiit amp and a Cambridge 851 CD player as a source. OK, there was a little more weight in the Anniversary version (with all the benefits and costs) and perhaps (but only slightly) little more refinement in k702 but the sound signature is the same and there is nothing in the SQ that can justify the $200 price difference. But of course, maybe k701 is too modestly priced today. I don't want to step on your toes or anything, just asking an honest question. smile.gif

As far as I and a few others are concerned, its both different and better, noticeably so. I have already mentioned this on the Anniversary thread, that I didnt like the Q701 and especially not the old K701 for music, yet the Anniversary brought out quite a bit of musicality, warmth, bass compared to those, that they have become my main music can. This is coming from a mild basshead. I don't wanna go into specifics yet again, but check the K702 Anniversary topic.

I'm willing to bet that the reason why some people aren't noticing much of a difference is their choice of music. Because it'd be damn near impossible to not be able to tell which is which, IMHO.

Hifiguy was one of the first who got it here, and didn't hear much of a difference. Then he changed his mind. Looks like they need more than a brief audition, though I could tell immediately.

Whether the change is su btle or not, you also have to factor in the new memory foam pads and headband which increase comfort substantially. The Q701 was a hard 6 in comfort. The Annie . Basically perfect. 9.5.

Then there is the availability as well. All these things will raise costs, though they can be found for $405 or so.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/13/13 at 4:39am
post #2306 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


I'm willing to bet that the reason why some people aren't noticing much of a difference is their choice of music. Because it'd be damn near impossible to not be able to tell which is which, IMHO.

 

Oh... I wouldn't have any problems to hear which is which but I am not sure that there is a significant difference in SQ. The difference is there but which one is better/worse and by what margin is another question I think. I have to admit that, when I compared k701 to k702 Anniversary I listened mostly to classical. k701 feels a bit airier and in all fairness I actually prefered it's sound to k702 Anniversary. I think both headphones are great. But so is my precious HD650 smile.gif I own both HD650 and k701 and couldn't live without any of them, They complete each other perfectly.

post #2307 of 4937
Put some genres that have more emphasis on bass, and you'll see just how different they are. Its a statement to say that they perform quite similarly for classical, which means the noticeable bump in bass didn't cause a negative effect to everything else.

Movies especially. The Annie is very enjoyable for movies, whereas the Q701 didn't come close, and the old K701 was even worse
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/13/13 at 4:44am
post #2308 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


Movies especially. The Annie is very enjoyable for movies, whereas the Q701 didn't come close, and the old K701 was even worse

 

OK, you have compared these side by side. (?)

post #2309 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnsaudiophile View Post

Review the current flagship of Vsonic, the GR07 and JVC's new series, JVC HA-FXZ100 / HA-FXZ200 TRALUCENT 1PLUS2, FITEAR TG334, and FITEAR MH335DW.

post #2310 of 4937

The Grado and Borat-look-alike love have both been moved to the Grado Fanclub.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13)